Sponsored by:

A little help please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
A little help please.

I traded the 300 for a C63 yesterday which came with some extras. A surgeon in Knoxville took the car to Buckhead out of Atlanta. The parts were ordered from Kleeman and tuned by the same. It's suppose to be putting down 545 HP/4?? TQ. I don't have the paper work on the mods yet, but will. The exhaust has been completely re-done along with the CPU. What else, I don't know. Sure runs like hell. I believe I could beat my old Cobra if I could get it to hook. My question to the knowledgeable is, does that HP even sound close. I'll put up some pics when I can. Damn that thing will fly and the pipes are nice. Tubular Headers too.

Anyone got a how to on changing the air filters? It has K&N stickers on it but I can't check or clean that.

Erich
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Some tune & header packages net ~ 100 hp at the rear wheels so that is approximately 450-470 rwhp depending on the dyno used. I don't think Kleeman headers will get there as they are logs and have hi-flow cats. Maybe 70 rwhp with that package. So it depends on exactly what tune you have and what brand headers and exhaust mods have been done to the car. Kleeman was/is offering other LTH as well and if you have those the results will be higher. I think the 545 hp figure quoted is at the crank and not the rear wheels.

To get at the filters remove the engine cover by lifting straight up. Careful the clips can be tight and the cover is easy to crack. The filter box tops are held on by 5 #25 torx head screws per side and a clamp at the rear to the intake Y-connector. Remove the screws and loosen the clamp and the box tops will lift off and flip out of the way. The filter is right there for you to access. Be very careful when reinstalling the filters and box tops that the filter is fitted exactly in place and the tops are tightened down evenly. Any air leaks will cause a CEL.

Enjoy your new beast.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
What he [Mort] said ^.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
540-545 crank sounds about right for K2.