C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't get it....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
Originally Posted by asuri
i disagree, coming from my point of view ( 17 years of age ) i think i would be much much more careful in an expensive c63 compared to a honda civic. I mean... I've seen crazy drivers with expensive cars, but i've seen so many riced up civics that just drive insanely fast and dangerous versus the luxury performance cars like the c63. Also, your parents would buy you an expensive car not because it's fast or anything but it may be more safe versus the lower-end cars. But then again, any type of car can get yourself killed if either party does anything stupid whatsoever. Everything here is just up to what their parents think. If they wish to buy them a high performance sports/luxury car, then let them. People learn from mistakes, but some people don't get the second chance they wanted. just my thoughts.
That's like saying your first gun should be a M16. Y waste your time on something like a rifle or learn how to shoot from a silly handgun? All guns are the same- they shoot bullets.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
oh ya, I hit a guardrail on the on ramp in the rain on my 94' Ford Probe GT (my 2nd car)- hydroplaning in the rain on front wheel drive, no traction control! woohoo!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by asuri
i disagree, coming from my point of view ( 17 years of age ) i think i would be much much more careful in an expensive c63 compared to a honda civic. I mean... I've seen crazy drivers with expensive cars, but i've seen so many riced up civics that just drive insanely fast and dangerous versus the luxury performance cars like the c63. Also, your parents would buy you an expensive car not because it's fast or anything but it may be more safe versus the lower-end cars. But then again, any type of car can get yourself killed if either party does anything stupid whatsoever. Everything here is just up to what their parents think. If they wish to buy them a high performance sports/luxury car, then let them. People learn from mistakes, but some people don't get the second chance they wanted. just my thoughts.
That's an 80k mistake. Not worth it in my opinion. What's even worse is the life of my child.(If I had one)
Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by nlpamg
parents don't know anything about cars. kids read the forums, get excited, nag their parents to buy them the car. parents with money say "oh if you do well in school, I'll buy it for you as a reward." or, parents of parachute kids say "I'll wire you some money." kids feel entitled to them b/c "I'm a good kid, I stay in school, don't do drugs." continue nagging...

kids get car. kids think they're the best drivers in the world. turn ESP or DSC off. crash into wall.

/done.
Sadly, I think you nailed it.

More so many parents do a horrible job in preparing their kids for driving of any kind. I did not let my kids have operator permits until they were 17 years old and my daughter still wrecked her new Civic within a month of recieving it.

As far as vehicle selection, any car built can reach speeds that would be deadly in a crash. However the peer pressure to do something foolish would be much greater on the kid who shows up in a C63 rather than a C300. In addition to staying away from "performance" models, front wheel drive is usually more forgiving than rear wheel drive and all wheel drive may seem the safest but can create a false sense of security.

I am sure that many fatal accidents can be directly attributed to a young person driving a car that was not compatible with either their technical skills or emotional maturity.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
What about this!!!

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...tra-71000.aspx

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 12-06-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by nlpamg
parents don't know anything about cars. kids read the forums, get excited, nag their parents to buy them the car. parents with money say "oh if you do well in school, I'll buy it for you as a reward." or, parents of parachute kids say "I'll wire you some money." kids feel entitled to them b/c "I'm a good kid, I stay in school, don't do drugs." continue nagging...

kids get car. kids think they're the best drivers in the world. turn ESP or DSC off. crash into wall.

/done.
+ Priceless.

Parenting, and the skill thereof is severely lacking these days. Kids run more game on their parents than the Xbox and PlayStation combined. Parents have no idea of what is really going on in many households. My knuckle-head niece is driving a BMW at the age of 17, I just looked at her mom and shook my head. Fast forward a few years, my niece does not maintain the car, is spoiled, and has more mouth and ***** than brains. I always tell her, "the more one thinks they know, they really know nothing at all".

Originally Posted by Justin4586
Cant be better said ^^. I admit, I was kind of like that. I damn near shat my pants when I spun out getting off the highway on a exit ramp with the TCS off in the wet but I was cocky because I thought the AWD could handle anything but it obviously cant.
A lesson you learned well, the sad part is that many learn at the cost of their lives or someone else. I know maturity varies from person to person (even older people) but at that young age, you want to push the car more, and think you can handle it. Even seasoned drivers have accidents.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by simranD
every car can be dangerous if driven like an idiot
True, any car can be driven aggressively. I'm 22 and my C63 makes me an even more responsible driver. Not only to protect the car but myself and others.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

Must be nice having over a billion dollars in inheritance money.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by hhughes1
Sadly, I think you nailed it.

More so many parents do a horrible job in preparing their kids for driving of any kind. I did not let my kids have operator permits until they were 17 years old and my daughter still wrecked her new Civic within a month of recieving it.

As far as vehicle selection, any car built can reach speeds that would be deadly in a crash. However the peer pressure to do something foolish would be much greater on the kid who shows up in a C63 rather than a C300. In addition to staying away from "performance" models, front wheel drive is usually more forgiving than rear wheel drive and all wheel drive may seem the safest but can create a false sense of security.

I am sure that many fatal accidents can be directly attributed to a young person driving a car that was not compatible with either their technical skills or emotional maturity.

Hey I'm only 22 years old and I'm on to my second AMG. Haven't ever come close to wrecking a car. (knock on wood) But honestly it's all up to the parents. My parents wouldn't put me into anything else besides a MB; lucky for me. They are the some of the safest automobiles in the world and a lot of parents would do anything to protect their children; however, an AMG does have a lot of power for an unexperienced driver. There's a lot of maturity that plays in to this and it depends how the parents raised their children. You always see both case scenarios: a very responsible, deserving kids with great parents, or an immature monster with not the greatest, most responsible parents. This post is funny though. It sounds like some people in here are just jealous that they see little kids driving nice cars.

But HotIce, you didn't do anything wrong. If your parents wouldn't put you into something like that when you were a young lad maybe you weren't fortunate enough or simply because your parents are the type that want to make their kids work for everything. Sure my parents are the same way, but I've been working since i was 16 and going to college full-time with a 4.0, so my parents trust me.

and you don't need to be in a car to show off and have some serious consequences hhughes. kids show off all the time whether it be on a snowboard, or whatever and they can get seriously hurt. The kids that usually show off in their cars are usually the kids that show off everything anyways. they are just asking for it.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
If you were given a car at the age of 15/16, I highly doubt you'd take care of it because you'd have the attitude that if something happens, you'll just get another one. You have no sense of value or money at that stage in life.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by ryanc43amg
Hey I'm only 22 years old and I'm on to my second AMG. Haven't ever come close to wrecking a car. (knock on wood) But honestly it's all up to the parents. My parents wouldn't put me into anything else besides a MB; lucky for me. They are the some of the safest automobiles in the world and a lot of parents would do anything to protect their children; however, an AMG does have a lot of power for an unexperienced driver. There's a lot of maturity that plays in to this and it depends how the parents raised their children. You always see both case scenarios: a very responsible, deserving kids with great parents, or an immature monster with not the greatest, most responsible parents. This post is funny though. It sounds like some people in here are just jealous that they see little kids driving nice cars.

But HotIce, you didn't do anything wrong. If your parents wouldn't put you into something like that when you were a young lad maybe you weren't fortunate enough or simply because your parents are the type that want to make their kids work for everything. Sure my parents are the same way, but I've been working since i was 16 and going to college full-time with a 4.0, so my parents trust me.

and you don't need to be in a car to show off and have some serious consequences hhughes. kids show off all the time whether it be on a snowboard, or whatever and they can get seriously hurt. The kids that usually show off in their cars are usually the kids that show off everything anyways. they are just asking for it.

That's the problem, I've been working in the family business ever since I can remember. I was 15/16 and he specifically told me if I wanted a car, I had to work for it. I mean, a 2000 Corolla isn't something to write home about, neither is a Grand Cherokee or a Camry. The first car that I was happy to own was my 08 328xi coupe which had heated seats and the prem package!(Couldn't afford the sport pack and wanted it) It took till I was 18 to get it(Thank you great BMW deals!) So I got a fairly stripped car but I was happy.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:01 AM

2012 C63 AMG
to each his own man, if someones parents get one for them good for them.