C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 AMG vs. CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
I've been thinking of ditching for a V. but the only one I'd buy is the wagon.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by derek
The one thing I found in both the coupe and sedan v's is if you have a long torso proper seating position is tough.
When I drove the CTS-V sedan with the Recaro seats it took me quite a long time to get the seat finally in a comfortable position. I actually messed with it in the parking lot for awhile and was thinking I had it as best I could, which was not a great feeling. Then after driving it for a few miles I finally got it into a position that fit me very well.

I looked at the CTS-V sedan around the same time I looked at a C63 Sedan and E63. The CTS-V feels roomier inside than the C63, I actually feel like my feet are crammed in a C63. The CTS-V though did not feel substantially bigger than the C63. I was surprised later to read the dimensions on these cars to see the CTS-V is close in size to the E63 because it sure does feel smaller than a E63.

Last edited by Snipe656; 12-20-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
Originally Posted by hyperion667
guess you have to ask yourself what you wanna see parked outside everyday

good luck!
That is exactly what it came down to in our house. What we wanted to open the garage door up to.... a Cadillac or an AMG.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
Originally Posted by JeffDL
I've been thinking of ditching for a V. but the only one I'd buy is the wagon.
they are hard to find. 2011 they made a little over 300 wagons and that was just for GM to show and take around to events. That is what you are seeing on the market right now. There are about 20 on Autotrader. If you want a 2012 you have to order it. They do not make them to ship to car dealer lots. They are made to order and your looking at just under 80k for one.... which is not that bad.

I tried to pick up a silver one in Texas but the dealer would not budge on the price. I would also worry a little about the 2011 wagons. since they were GM show ponies these are the cars that were used for reviews and tests... and you know they had the absolute sh*t driven out of them.

Im happy with the C63 and I am sure I will have a high powered wagon one day ... either an E63, CTS-V, or just import an M5 Estate or RS6 Avant... I know big dreams. haha.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 PM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog
they are hard to find. 2011 they made a little over 300 wagons and that was just for GM to show and take around to events. That is what you are seeing on the market right now. There are about 20 on Autotrader. If you want a 2012 you have to order it. They do not make them to ship to car dealer lots. They are made to order and your looking at just under 80k for one.... which is not that bad.

I tried to pick up a silver one in Texas but the dealer would not budge on the price. I would also worry a little about the 2011 wagons. since they were GM show ponies these are the cars that were used for reviews and tests... and you know they had the absolute sh*t driven out of them.
I do not know why but there is a Caddy dealer in San Antonio, Tx that always seems to have a couple new CTS-V wagons in inventory. Might even be the one you talked to. Last time I looked I recall either a white or a silver one being there for very low 70s and had the Tremec transmission which seems rare to see in any of CTS-V models. They had some certified pre-owned ones as well which I guess were cars used for reviewes and tests. I keep going back and forth on the idea of a CTS-V or an E63. They both perform great and my general internal debate is which one is going to cost me more in say 200k miles.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V Coupe
I can't believe how many people think the V coupe is flat-out ugly, but are content to drive a car that not many people aside from car fanatics would identify as special, unique, or even different. The best thing about the V is its polarizing design, whether you like it or hate it's essentially a radical design that you won't see on any car, it looks low and wide on the street and has a very solid stance. The C63 has a great stance too, but to most people it's just another vanilla C-Class, the design isn't as radical and I think that's the problem some people have with the V, it is too different. Again, anyone who hasn't seen the coupe in person shouldn't even be chiming in, I also thought it looked very awkward and fat in photos but in person the proportions are just right and everything is balanced out despite how wonky it can look on a computer screen. However I guess it's simply a matter of opinion, and I totally respect that you guys don't like it, just don't write it off.

Guys, I know the C63 is sick, I just think the V is the better choice for someone who wants to make a statement and have a louder presence, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with flying under the radar, it is actually the more mature and prudent way to do things-- the C63 is perfect for that. I guess the V just kind of appeals to the kid in me.

And yes, the V coupe helps me "notch". BTW who the hell says "notch"?

C63 AMG vs. CTS-V-vwoods.jpg
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
not a fan of the coupe at all but the wagon is a different story.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by King335i
I

haha ok a little immature.. in my defence Im only 21
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM

CTS-V Coupe
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
haha ok a little immature.. in my defence Im only 21
I'm only 25, but I have just never heard that term before.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
I can't believe how many people think the V coupe is flat-out ugly, but are content to drive a car that not many people aside from car fanatics would identify as special, unique, or even different. The best thing about the V is its polarizing design, whether you like it or hate it's essentially a radical design that you won't see on any car, it looks low and wide on the street and has a very solid stance. The C63 has a great stance too, but to most people it's just another vanilla C-Class, the design isn't as radical and I think that's the problem some people have with the V, it is too different. Again, anyone who hasn't seen the coupe in person shouldn't even be chiming in, I also thought it looked very awkward and fat in photos but in person the proportions are just right and everything is balanced out despite how wonky it can look on a computer screen. However I guess it's simply a matter of opinion, and I totally respect that you guys don't like it, just don't write it off.

Guys, I know the C63 is sick, I just think the V is the better choice for someone who wants to make a statement and have a louder presence, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with flying under the radar, it is actually the more mature and prudent way to do things-- the C63 is perfect for that. I guess the V just kind of appeals to the kid in me.

Awww, look whose dick hurts. You like your car, good for you. People here predominantly think it is ugly, so your feelings are hurt and you try and pass shots of "vanilla" and stuff on our forum? Like, what do you expect? This is an AMG forum. Who gives a ****, really what people think of your car.

Your car makes a "statement" alright. To be kind I won't tell you what kind of statement it makes, but I'll got to a CTS-V forum and put it there.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
My buddy has a CTS-V and I think it looks pretty bad *** and definitely has the performance to back it up. My issue is it's just too big of a car for my liken. I believe Cadillac is coming out with an ATS which is suppose to compete with the 3 and C series models. If they make a V version of that then that'll definitely spark my interest. Caddy also needs some type of a DCT in their next gen V cars.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM

CTS-V Coupe
Originally Posted by coladin
Awww, look whose dick hurts. You like your car, good for you. People here predominantly think it is ugly, so your feelings are hurt and you try and pass shots of "vanilla" and stuff on our forum? Like, what do you expect? This is an AMG forum. Who gives a ****, really what people think of your car.

Your car makes a "statement" alright. To be kind I won't tell you what kind of statement it makes, but I'll got to a CTS-V forum and put it there.
And you think I'm the sensitive one? You're a French Canadian so I won't hold it against you, nobody likes you guys anyway. I'm not exactly sure what it means to "pass shots of "vanilla" and stuff", but I'm sure you're a pro at it!

I don't really give a **** what people think of my car, but since this is a car forum full of car enthusiasts that appreciate all types of different cars and designs, I don't see what the problem is. I didn't trash the C63 once, so pull the poutine out your panties and chill out you goof.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 PM

2015 C63S
I see a CTS-V sedan and coupe almost daily. The styling I do not find bad but also does not give me whiplash via some need to take double looks. But I also don't think any big about te styling of the C63. My current "dream" car though is the C63 coupe and been slowly trying to convince my wife on the idea. She though likes the look of the CTS-V and says either that or an E63, both because of size.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
the wagon makes my very happy.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
@TMC M5
That's one mean looking beast!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 PM

2015 C63S
Is that a stock CTS-V wagon? First one I have seen with a black front grill, which looks much better to me. I have yet to see a CTS-V wagon in person but have seen a CTS wagon. I do like the wagon but have a weak spot for fast wagons. Shame it and the E63 wagon both lack the "third row" rear facing seats.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
And you think I'm the sensitive one? You're a French Canadian so I won't hold it against you, nobody likes you guys anyway. I'm not exactly sure what it means to "pass shots of "vanilla" and stuff", but I'm sure you're a pro at it!

I don't really give a **** what people think of my car, but since this is a car forum full of car enthusiasts that appreciate all types of different cars and designs, I don't see what the problem is. I didn't trash the C63 once, so pull the poutine out your panties and chill out you goof.

Read you post you retard.

" but are content to drive a car that not many people aside from car fanatics would identify as special, unique, or even different."

"The C63 has a great stance too, but to most people it's just another vanilla C-Class, the design isn't as radical and I think that's the problem "

" just think the V is the better choice for someone who wants to make a statement and have a louder presence, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with flying under the radar, it is actually the more mature and prudent way to do things-- the C63 is perfect for that"

You think people here can't read between the lines? You are so transparent that you don't have to. Those are your posts. On our forum. About our car. Talking about your piece of **** Cadillac Brougham CTS-V with a Landau cover Boss Hogg. Like, thanks so much for your insight, am on my way to the Caddy dealership, thanks for helping me out.

You called the car "vanilla"...can't read either huh? Yeah, us French Canadians pass shots of vanilla and stuff , you loser. To resort to being an ugly American is just typical of a someone who has no self confidence and lacking any type of maturity.

If you don't give a ****, **** off then and go to your fanboy site and stroke each other off. Just don't come in here and try and be intellectually dishonest and try and act like you are complementing our car when you are clearly not. If someone wants to bash our cars, and they own one, that is one thing. You do it? Go to a general forum and say that our car is vanilla, and understated and doesn't have the presence of what Jeb built, or wherever the hell you are from.

This is not a car enthusiast forum. This is a C63 AMG forum, big difference.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Looks like a Detroit Audi

Originally Posted by JeffDL
the wagon makes my very happy.
Problem with a Caddie is if 'bama and Co. need more money or some other Czar business they will exchange it for 4 Chevie Volts.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Can you even compare the two? Sure they're similar price was but performance wise the CTS-V is up there with the M5,E63, and Jag XF-R.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan

And you will notice a performance difference, the V puts up when the C63 shuts up. I'm not trashing the C63, but most new mustang GT's can give the C63 a serious run for its money, but they can't come close to touching a CTS-V.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is nothing wrong with the polarizing effect of the CTS-V. It is unique and bold to those who love it, and cartoonish to those who hate it. It certainly is a much bigger car, and weightier too. Your comment on the performance is mostly wrong though. Virtually all reviews put the 0 to 60 and quarter mile times nearly identical. Saying a Mustang GT will give a C63 a run for its money, and not even close to a CTS is incorrect. The performance is too close to call. If any given car gives the C63 a run, it will do the same to the CTS, and vice versa. In addition, the interior is not necessarily nicer, and the seats are probably even inferior. Again, too close to call. Don't forget the aural superiority...the C63 is in your face and the CTS is a bit too tame in that department. I personally like the CTS-V, but like many others, find it to be in the midsize car segment, not the M3/C63 segment.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is nothing wrong with the polarizing effect of the CTS-V. It is unique and bold to those who love it, and cartoonish to those who hate it. It certainly is a much bigger car, and weightier too. Your comment on the performance is mostly wrong though. Virtually all reviews put the 0 to 60 and quarter mile times nearly identical. Saying a Mustang GT will give a C63 a run for its money, and not even close to a CTS is incorrect. The performance is too close to call. If any given car gives the C63 a run, it will do the same to the CTS, and vice versa. In addition, the interior is not necessarily nicer, and the seats are probably even inferior. Again, too close to call. Don't forget the aural superiority...the C63 is in your face and the CTS is a bit too tame in that department. I personally like the CTS-V, but like many others, find it to be in the midsize car segment, not the M3/C63 segment.
All true... a C63 with PP will be neck and neck with a CTS-V. Also, the updated interior of the C63 is as nice, if not nicer, IMO.

Also, King's comments on flying under the radar don't really apply because the C63 has a HUGE presence when you take into account looks AND sound.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:20 PM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by grane
Problem with a Caddie is if 'bama and Co. need more money or some other Czar business they will exchange it for 4 Chevie Volts.
IMHO GM does not have a great track record for not cutting corners. My dad can without thinking list off at least a dozen really bad GM corner cutting issues but most all from the 80s and 90s when he experienced them. I guess it all boils down to how long someone keeps a car on if that all should matter.

My driving impressions from driving multiple C63 sedans, multiple E63 models and one CTS-V sedan is that the V comes off as a beast. It may not have near the intoxicating exhaust sound as the C63 but nor does an E63. But really set te v apart for me was just how the power delivery comes on.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I agree ... stock for stock...the C63 with PP is the CTS-V's equal (or maybe a tenth faster) performance wise. That is why have a 9.55" lower pulley, Kooks headers, CAI aux. h/e and ECM/TCM tunes.

Tom
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
CTS-V is a badass car, no question. Im just not a fan of the exterior (looks too sheet-metal-heavy, the angles are too sharp, too boxy), and the coupe to me is literally one of the ugliest cars on the road. YES it will turn heads, but when my head turns when I see a coupe its a) to see if it's a V (so you are right) and b) to go damn that thing IS ugly in person isnt it! The interior also is very chintzy to me...doesnt do anything for me. The pixelated climate control degrees, the plastic-y dash....just not into it. Also the driving position is very cockpit-ish...which some like but I dont. I actually feel like I have way MORE breathing room in the C63 than the V. And even though it fast, it doesnt have that nimble darty feel of the C63, it definitely feels more like an E63.

All that said, it's an awesome car, just not for me, not my taste. Some people like vanilla, some people like chocolate, but we all like ice cream
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 PM

CTS-V Coupe
Originally Posted by coladin
Read you post you retard.

" but are content to drive a car that not many people aside from car fanatics would identify as special, unique, or even different."

"The C63 has a great stance too, but to most people it's just another vanilla C-Class, the design isn't as radical and I think that's the problem "

" just think the V is the better choice for someone who wants to make a statement and have a louder presence, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with flying under the radar, it is actually the more mature and prudent way to do things-- the C63 is perfect for that"

You think people here can't read between the lines? You are so transparent that you don't have to. Those are your posts. On our forum. About our car. Talking about your piece of **** Cadillac Brougham CTS-V with a Landau cover Boss Hogg. Like, thanks so much for your insight, am on my way to the Caddy dealership, thanks for helping me out.

You called the car "vanilla"...can't read either huh? Yeah, us French Canadians pass shots of vanilla and stuff , you loser. To resort to being an ugly American is just typical of a someone who has no self confidence and lacking any type of maturity.

If you don't give a ****, **** off then and go to your fanboy site and stroke each other off. Just don't come in here and try and be intellectually dishonest and try and act like you are complementing our car when you are clearly not. If someone wants to bash our cars, and they own one, that is one thing. You do it? Go to a general forum and say that our car is vanilla, and understated and doesn't have the presence of what Jeb built, or wherever the hell you are from.

This is not a car enthusiast forum. This is a C63 AMG forum, big difference.

Did I hit too close to home? Sorry about that. Your English is still horrible, you've really got to work on that if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. And, again, you've got that whole French-Canadian thing working against you as well. I think you missed the point when it comes to the comments I made about the C being vanilla, what I intended to imply is that somebody who doesn't know much about cars won't know that your car is anything special--some people want it that way, I don't, simple as that.

I'm also sorry that you're unable to appreciate any other cars than the C63, amazing as it is there are a lot better cars out there. I'm not trying to convince you to buy a Cadillac, I'm trying to give the OP a Cadillac owner's perspective on the whole subject. I also considered (and am still always considering) getting a C63 Coupe, but just because I don't own one means that I can't even comment on the topic at hand? Right. I get the feeling you're a bit sour that you probably worked so hard to get your 2011 C63, and immediately after you did a significant revision was made to the car-- you're really missing out by not getting the MCT and interior upgrades by the way On Cadillac forums they talk about C63s, GT-Rs, E63s, etc because it's a car forum. If you want to show your blatantly thin-skinned insecurity and cry about the fact that an owner of a different car didn't praise yours as if it were automotive perfection, well then you're already too far gone. I think most mature members of this forum love talking about all cars, not just the C63. And LOL @ "Cadillac Brougham CTS-V with a Landau cover Boss Hogg", that's pretty good, but a few years behind fasse-couche!

And yes, I've heard that French-Canadians are experts at taking vanilla shots, to the face.

p.s. I like how the only comment on your user profile is "Ur an idiot". Go figure.

Now can we please stay on topic?

Last edited by King335i; 12-20-2011 at 08:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 AMG vs. CTS-V