C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 AMG vs. CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by rory breaker
I actually feel like I have way MORE breathing room in the C63 than the V. And even though it fast, it doesnt have that nimble darty feel of the C63, it definitely feels more like an E63.
According to Caddy it is the same basic size as an E63 which might explain the feel of driving. As far as interior size feel, I really think that giant center bubbling dash of the CTS-V hurts the overall feel of the size of the interior. I keep wondering how comfortable it would be to drive one with a manual transmission because that center dash piece feels like it is pushing my right leg over.

Link to GM's site where you can compare dimensions to the E63:

http://tinyurl.com/86e95uw
Old 12-20-2011, 10:54 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by King335i
Did I hit too close to home? Sorry about that. Your English is still horrible, you've really got to work on that if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. And, again, you've got that whole French-Canadian thing working against you as well. I think you missed the point when it comes to the comments I made about the C being vanilla, what I intended to imply is that somebody who doesn't know much about cars won't know that your car is anything special--some people want it that way, I don't, simple as that.

I'm also sorry that you're unable to appreciate any other cars than the C63, amazing as it is there are a lot better cars out there. I'm not trying to convince you to buy a Cadillac, I'm trying to give the OP a Cadillac owner's perspective on the whole subject. I also considered (and am still always considering) getting a C63 Coupe, but just because I don't own one means that I can't even comment on the topic at hand? Right. I get the feeling you're a bit sour that you probably worked so hard to get your 2011 C63, and immediately after you did a significant revision was made to the car-- you're really missing out by not getting the MCT and interior upgrades by the way On Cadillac forums they talk about C63s, GT-Rs, E63s, etc because it's a car forum. If you want to show your blatantly thin-skinned insecurity and cry about the fact that an owner of a different car didn't praise yours as if it were automotive perfection, well then you're already too far gone. I think most mature members of this forum love talking about all cars, not just the C63. And LOL @ "Cadillac Brougham CTS-V with a Landau cover Boss Hogg", that's pretty good, but a few years behind fasse-couche!

And yes, I've heard that French-Canadians are experts at taking vanilla shots, to the face.

p.s. I like how the only comment on your user profile is "Ur an idiot". Go figure.

Now can we please stay on topic?
NO car should be vanilla. There you go being intellectually dishonest again, but the intellect part I am not so sure of anymore.

I won't bother with the rest of your post, but on topic, as you requested. I prefer the C63. The CTS-V in wagon form is interesting. The sedan is a nice vehicle. The coupe, in my opinion, is ugly and cheap looking. I have had the distinct pleasure of piloting a ZR1 and fully appreciate what a great car it is and it has an excellent soundtrack to boot. The CTS-V sounds like a delivery truck. Sorry.

I still don't understand why you don't understand how big a tool you are as well as losers who come in here defending their GTRs to guys who DON'T CARE. You like your Caddy? Great! Buddy likes his GTR? Fantastic! Why do you bother to come in here to a specific car forum and try and cut down our cars? Sure, it is a free country, but you aren't going to change anyone's minde here.

The sad thing is the CTS-V and the CTS in general is a good car. If I am think skinned because of criticism about my car, which I am perfectly fine with knowing that no car is perfect...what does it say about you roaming internet chat forums, typing in CTS-V and trying to Superman all the threads that have your car in it...and I am the thin skinned one? You won't see me on a CTS-V forum defending the C63 ...EVER!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTS-V Coupe
If "intellectually dishonest" is the best you can do, then you're f*cked . NO car should be vanilla? I take it you don't have the Toyota Camry in Canada...

I have a custom exhaust on my V, so it sounds far different from a delivery truck, though in stock form the exhaust is very subdued. The exhaust note on a V with simply a cat-back and secondary cat-delete is far warmer and more complex than the C63's exhaust note which is somewhat of a repetitive tasteless staccato mechanical "blat" noise ad nauseam. That's a matter of opinion though, and can be cured with a simple resonator delete.

I think you have also missed the point after all this, but that doesn't really surprise me. I'm not here to defend the V, I'm here for the OP's question. I'm really not worried whether an illiterate Canadian likes my car or not. And I am certainly not trying to cut down the C63, a car that I'm seriously considering purchasing.

But hey, some people are insecure, and you're one of them-- that's ok. I don't spend time "roaming internet chat forums, typing in CTS-V", I was simply on MBWorld because I'm a car enthusiast and I saw this thread, that hard to believe? Look kid, every time you try to come up with a response you're just digging yourself further into the retard-hole. Both cars are incredible, no one is arguing that. What we are talking about is styling, and that is a very subjective thing.

In summary, I'm glad most MBWorld members aren't like you. Most of them probably don't even like members like you. If you're on a Cadillac forum and you feel you have a good point about your C63, please feel free to share it. Real genuine car people love to talk about all makes and models of cars, not posers like you who are scared of bringing anything but their own car up. Try to get a life, it'd do you well.

Originally Posted by coladin
NO car should be vanilla. There you go being intellectually dishonest again, but the intellect part I am not so sure of anymore.

I won't bother with the rest of your post, but on topic, as you requested. I prefer the C63. The CTS-V in wagon form is interesting. The sedan is a nice vehicle. The coupe, in my opinion, is ugly and cheap looking. I have had the distinct pleasure of piloting a ZR1 and fully appreciate what a great car it is and it has an excellent soundtrack to boot. The CTS-V sounds like a delivery truck. Sorry.

I still don't understand why you don't understand how big a tool you are as well as losers who come in here defending their GTRs to guys who DON'T CARE. You like your Caddy? Great! Buddy likes his GTR? Fantastic! Why do you bother to come in here to a specific car forum and try and cut down our cars? Sure, it is a free country, but you aren't going to change anyone's minde here.

The sad thing is the CTS-V and the CTS in general is a good car. If I am think skinned because of criticism about my car, which I am perfectly fine with knowing that no car is perfect...what does it say about you roaming internet chat forums, typing in CTS-V and trying to Superman all the threads that have your car in it...and I am the thin skinned one? You won't see me on a CTS-V forum defending the C63 ...EVER!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 AM

CTS-V Coupe
And, I know in the real world the C63 and V are somewhat similar performance wise, the C63 is recorded as running the 1/4 in the high 12's, while the V is in the very low 12's-- that's a significant difference.

But hell, who am I kidding? I am pretty sure I'm going to end up with a Mars Red, or Diamond White, C63 Coupe within the next few months here. I think a Mars Red coupe with some black wheels would look stellar!

The Mercedes is more prestigious, I like that about it a lot.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:32 AM

2010 MB GL350
Thanks to everyone who posted the most wicked feedback on this thread and I must admit that CTS-V look better in real life with its angular looks and chiseled body.

Quick question for ya King335i, does your V eat up tires like my 63? My silver beast sees less than 300 km per week (around 190 miles) but I am going to need a set of new tires in about two months (after putting about 5-6000 miles)
Old 12-21-2011, 01:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
And, I know in the real world the C63 and V are somewhat similar performance wise, the C63 is recorded as running the 1/4 in the high 12's, while the V is in the very low 12's-- that's a significant difference.

But hell, who am I kidding? I am pretty sure I'm going to end up with a Mars Red, or Diamond White, C63 Coupe within the next few months here. I think a Mars Red coupe with some black wheels would look stellar!

The Mercedes is more prestigious, I like that about it a lot.

Mercedes more prestigious? Naaah, I'd prefer a CTS-V.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Wow, it got ugly in here.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Just as a minor correction, the 2012 C63 coupe with the performance package has been tested at around 12.1s @ 120mph in the quarter and NOT high 12's. Two seperate tests have confirmed this. The last test put the C63 coupe at 3.7s to 60mph and 8.6s to 100mph as well.

The reality is that the acceleration of the C63 coupe with PP and the CTS-V is very similar and BOTH are MUCH faster than the M3 (I had to say it )
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 AM

Awww, look whose dick hurts. You like your car, good for you. People here predominantly think it is ugly, so your feelings are hurt and you try and pass shots of "vanilla" and stuff on our forum? Like, what do you expect? This is an AMG forum. Who gives a ****, really what people think of your car.

Your car makes a "statement" alright. To be kind I won't tell you what kind of statement it makes, but I'll got to a CTS-V forum and put it there.
+63 this guy is ridiculous for thinking the V coupe being nice. Its fugly and fugly and fulgy again. And compared to C63 it makes no statement. AMG or Cadillac buhahhahhahhahah LOL
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 AM

I can't believe how many people think the V coupe is flat-out ugly, but are content to drive a car that not many people aside from car fanatics would identify as special, unique, or even different. The best thing about the V is its polarizing design, whether you like it or hate it's essentially a radical design that you won't see on any car, it looks low and wide on the street and has a very solid stance. The C63 has a great stance too, but to most people it's just another vanilla C-Class, the design isn't as radical and I think that's the problem some people have with the V, it is too different. Again, anyone who hasn't seen the coupe in person shouldn't even be chiming in, I also thought it looked very awkward and fat in photos but in person the proportions are just right and everything is balanced out despite how wonky it can look on a computer screen. However I guess it's simply a matter of opinion, and I totally respect that you guys don't like it, just don't write it off.

Guys, I know the C63 is sick, I just think the V is the better choice for someone who wants to make a statement and have a louder presence, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with flying under the radar, it is actually the more mature and prudent way to do things-- the C63 is perfect for that. I guess the V just kind of appeals to the kid in me.

And yes, the V coupe helps me "notch". BTW who the hell says "notch"?

BTW i sincerely hope u dont get a C63, stick to ur caddy. It suits ur personality perfectly. And your fluent english language. You must be not good looking and quite frustrated with yourself. Peace

Last edited by Dukinaldo; 12-21-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by gthal
Just as a minor correction, the 2012 C63 coupe with the performance package has been tested at around 12.1s @ 120mph in the quarter and NOT high 12's. Two seperate tests have confirmed this. The last test put the C63 coupe at 3.7s to 60mph and 8.6s to 100mph as well.

The reality is that the acceleration of the C63 coupe with PP and the CTS-V is very similar and BOTH are MUCH faster than the M3 (I had to say it )
Bingo!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
Originally Posted by JeffDL
the wagon makes my very happy.

Yeah buddy. That is the D3 Battle Wagon. They are getting 700+hp (I think, don't hold me to that) out of that... They did a killer job on it. That his the car I wanted to model mine off of if I got a wagon. I would also change out the wheels on this thing... it can hold a 10.5 - 11" rear is set up right. Look it the D3 Battle Wagon on google and watch their videos.

It s a monster. Also Hennessy has a monster wagon and there are tons of videos of it doing the 1/4.

@Snipe656

That is deff not stock. D3 pulled off all the chrome and painted it matte black.

Plus with all the old lady bickering going on here... One thing we can all agree on is.... this car is SICK.... and it is pushing 1000hp and 1000pft

Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
well i disagree that widebody thing is a bit of an abortion. (and not in a good way)
Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
Im just a wide body junkie.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
I just saw a CTS-V Coupe and It looked sexy. Sounded good too.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I just saw a CTS-V Coupe and It looked sexy. Sounded good too.
You got the C63 coupe?!? I'll have to check it out sometime.

Tom
Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by TMC M5
You got the C63 coupe?!? I'll have to check it out sometime.

Tom
Not yet, but when I do we'll have to meet up!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 S
I'm not going to mix it up with the little spat going on, but I do admire the CTS-V coupe lines. I like it when a car looks different from the rest.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:52 AM

c63 AMG
+1 on the coupe. I think they did a fantastic job. I test drove one not to long ago and they look really good in person. Amazing machines as they drive like a caddy and go like a sports car.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
I had a Caddy salesman tell me they never can sell the CTS-V coupes. He said one big issue is the back seat is there more for show than actual use. Having only glanced at the C-class coupe in parking lots, I am probably not a great judge of their rear seats. It seems though like the C-class coupe actually has a backseat that could be used, is that really the case though?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:12 PM

there's no comparison at all. One is built by Mercedes and the other is a GM made piece of poop.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by gthal

Old 12-21-2011, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Hot rod

Chopped and channeled, bored and stroked, just like a 55 Chevy or a comic book movie car.

Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog
Yeah buddy. That is the D3 Battle Wagon. They are getting 700+hp (I think, don't hold me to that) out of that... They did a killer job on it. That his the car I wanted to model mine off of if I got a wagon. I would also change out the wheels on this thing... it can hold a 10.5 - 11" rear is set up right. Look it the D3 Battle Wagon on google and watch their videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK9dCd1DXZI

It s a monster. Also Hennessy has a monster wagon and there are tons of videos of it doing the 1/4.

@Snipe656

That is deff not stock. D3 pulled off all the chrome and painted it matte black.

Plus with all the old lady bickering going on here... One thing we can all agree on is.... this car is SICK.... and it is pushing 1000hp and 1000pft

Old 12-21-2011, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Read you post you retard.

" but are content to drive a car that not many people aside from car fanatics would identify as special, unique, or even different."

"The C63 has a great stance too, but to most people it's just another vanilla C-Class, the design isn't as radical and I think that's the problem "

" just think the V is the better choice for someone who wants to make a statement and have a louder presence, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with flying under the radar, it is actually the more mature and prudent way to do things-- the C63 is perfect for that"

You think people here can't read between the lines? You are so transparent that you don't have to. Those are your posts. On our forum. About our car. Talking about your piece of **** Cadillac Brougham CTS-V with a Landau cover Boss Hogg. Like, thanks so much for your insight, am on my way to the Caddy dealership, thanks for helping me out.

You called the car "vanilla"...can't read either huh? Yeah, us French Canadians pass shots of vanilla and stuff , you loser. To resort to being an ugly American is just typical of a someone who has no self confidence and lacking any type of maturity.

If you don't give a ****, **** off then and go to your fanboy site and stroke each other off. Just don't come in here and try and be intellectually dishonest and try and act like you are complementing our car when you are clearly not. If someone wants to bash our cars, and they own one, that is one thing. You do it? Go to a general forum and say that our car is vanilla, and understated and doesn't have the presence of what Jeb built, or wherever the hell you are from.

This is not a car enthusiast forum. This is a C63 AMG forum, big difference.
+63.... Found his post very condescending... Sugar coating insults.

I'm sure his CTSV is nice. But I like my C63 more. It's all personal preference. Let's all be civil here. Name calling and nationality attacks should not be permitted!
I've owned american cars before... And never will again. They have always let me down. Good inital quality... but after a few years they rust out and break down.

Last edited by Rsquad911; 12-21-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:23 AM

GT3
Well Ive had both and both are awesome. Definitely a personal preference like most things. But I will say my new 2011 V is trouble free and fast as hell. No squeaks, rattles, or problems. As for feel. It feels solid and does feel a bit heavy. That being said the rear end feels much more stable than the C63. I dont think it feels anything like my E63 did either btw... As for grunt, I think its impressive. I ran it for fun at a drift and 1/4 milet event. Hot weather at 75* and humid. Launched lightly at 1K rpm to avoid blowing the tires off because Im not use to rwd cars. Im use to launching on 4 slicks lol... It went 12.3@115 w/ a 1.9 60'. Only ran one time for fun. It is bone stock, had a full tank of gas, and as it was the day it rolled off the dealer lot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 AMG vs. CTS-V