Sponsored by:

Proud new owner of 2012 C63 amg coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31
Originally Posted by gthal
I think you need to take delivery in December to get the winter package which, based on your post and timing, clearly isn't possible. The other reality/downside of this is that they are backordered so actually getting a set now will be tough if not impossible before late winter/spring. Therefore, if you need winter tires (i.e. you plan to drive the car in the Canadian winter) you will end up needing to buy after market anyway as the package isn't practically available (unless you are lucky). When the package does come, you end up with two sets... they can't give you credit either as they process it as a warranty claim. Your only option is to then sell a set privately. The whole deal, although great of MB to offer, wasn't thought through well IMO.
Thanks for the quick reply My delivery date was originally end of Oct...then it was pushed to Nov. then bumped again finally to Dec.22nd...but like I said because it was so close to the holiday the dealer said they wouldn't receive it until shortly after the new year holiday. But they never mentioned this package to me at anytime..so thats why I was wondering it your dealer informed you or you had to bring it up from hearing it somewhere else. Given the previous delivery bumps I wasn't all that impressed and was going to postpone my delivery because of the fact that if I received it in Dec. I would have to purchase extra tires and rims and wasn't interested in doing so. I'm just wondering if I can work it so they can do something for me since they bumped my delivery dates a few times and where I should have received it in Dec but because they were on holiday I have to wait til later this week.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by CK17
Thanks for the quick reply My delivery date was originally end of Oct...then it was pushed to Nov. then bumped again finally to Dec.22nd...but like I said because it was so close to the holiday the dealer said they wouldn't receive it until shortly after the new year holiday. But they never mentioned this package to me at anytime..so thats why I was wondering it your dealer informed you or you had to bring it up from hearing it somewhere else. Given the previous delivery bumps I wasn't all that impressed and was going to postpone my delivery because of the fact that if I received it in Dec. I would have to purchase extra tires and rims and wasn't interested in doing so. I'm just wondering if I can work it so they can do something for me since they bumped my delivery dates a few times and where I should have received it in Dec but because they were on holiday I have to wait til later this week.
Dealers only found out the 2nd week of December (+/- a couple of days) but, if they wanted to, likely could have made this work for you. I know my dealership was working hard to get some people into this deal when delivery timing was close. It doesn't hurt to talk to them and ask for it. If they can't do it now, I would definitely want to know why they didn't try to make this work given how close your car was.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Evolution IX
Great looking ride, dude!