C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade in the C63 for: GT500, Z06 or GT-R?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG, 07 Jeep GC SRT-8
I don't know if you and I are on the same wave length here but about 3 months ago I drove every car on your list. Don’t get me wrong, I love my C, but I just wanted "more" I guess. To be honest, the results were enough so that I am keeping my AMG. Rant time:

GTR- Oh the GTR how I love you. This car is hands down one of the most driver connected cars on the planet. It does everything you ask and then some, all with a sort of "furious cool" that no other car on your list has. The transmission is lighting fast and never misses a beat. Build quality seems great for a Nissan. A lot of people hold the GTR almost "accountable" for the build quality and "squeaks" but you get what you pay for. You own a car that would waste 98% of street driven cars for under 100k, something has to give. The car I test drove was solid as a rock, with nothing I could complain about. While on the test drive people were almost getting in accidents staring at the car, considering its around the cost of a fully loaded CAMG your "attention per dollar spent" is a total win here. Why not get the GTR then? Honestly the guy who said that the GTR should be sold and serviced at a Infiniti dealer hit the nail on the head. The fact that I have to sit there while some lady with 17 kids lets them run around the place like its a day care screaming at the top of their lungs, um..no. Also, the services GTR advisor I was "introduced" to had NO CLUE. I wouldn't let them service a Versa I bought from them none the less a 90k super car. Plain and simple, the dealers and service and just not up to par. If someone wants to argue with this think of about it this way, if you going to get handed a 6k bill for service and parts do you want a loli pop stuck to your pants from the chair you were just sitting in? One of those 17 kids left it there....

Z06- The definition of "furious." It is a good performer BUT is a total handful to drive. I mean it when I say it, if you’re going to do some "spirited" driving and are not 110% this car will hand you your *** in the form of going into a wall, ditch and or any other terrible car debilitating fate. I drove one at a NASA event out here and you almost have to learn how to drive a "Z06." When you tell it to do one thing, it does that, with a little extra scary side offering. Typically what I would call a "lack of engineering." I mean the ZR1 is the same boat, just so much car for a "so so" OEM factory suspension and handling dynamic. Don't get me wrong a good car but if anyone can say that they tracked a Z06 and ZR1 and didn't go boom boom in your shorts I would like to shake your hand, after I wash mine. Positive notes, the car is on demand torque, cheap to mod in the grand scheme of things and has a HUGE aftermarket following. I mean some parts have over 25 vendors making them. Flip side, there are about 6,345,243,654 driving around Phoenix, so I can't imagine how it would be in a major market with 10 million plus population. Also, you are going to run into the same service issue here. The dealers are mostly old and out dated(could be different where you are), and there is a chance your SA could have "dip" in his mouth while he is talking to you.

GT500- I drove a 2012, but I was still really impressed. The new Ford product versus the late 90s is night and day. You can tell they have "pride" in the build again. The car had great fit and finish and the blower whine is divine. For some reason I really like the retro but modern look of the inside. The gear manual gear box feels great too, better than the vette. The car has the about the same power feel of the Z06 but just feels like a good ol' fashion high horse power, RWD American Muscle car. Without all the meth addict jerks the Z06 offers. I will say that all the Ford dealers in AZ are mostly redone and look great, I wouldn't feel weird bringing in a car here. I think Fords new business model is just spot on and really makes me think highly of them. No bail out, win.

So why not pull the trigger? I love the AMG too much...everything from the dealer and service to the free loaners etc. Whenever you have a issue you can call MBUSA and most of the time a dealer GM will call to help you solve the problem with surgical precision (only had one issue). Also, the coupe....while I love the look, the Sedan is just more practical for me. The last word is from you my man; it's all about what you want....and what YOU feel best in. Good luck!

Last edited by AlphaSRT-8; 01-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 PM

UGR TT Lambo
Only one of those cars that I've owned was the vette but my absolute least favorite part about it was the navigation. So cheap and out of date compared to what's out there. Not having ANY back seat also sucks. RWD is dangerous and not worth driving in rain/snow. So I would definitely make sure that this is a 2nd car.

I could see the GTR being more of a daily though. The AWD and quiet exhaust would be nice. Backseat for the occasions that you have to put someone back there. I would almost say the interior felt cheaper than the vette though. You could just tell you were still in a nissan. Doesn't have that high-end feel to it and the door handles getting into it annoy me a great deal.

Ultimately though, out of every car I've seen in the 70-80k range right now, I'd probably just go with the new C63 Coupe or a CLS550. I prefer a nice mix of luxury/performance/tech and I think the C63 coupe does all three very well.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by _AMG_
I need some opinions, been tossing the idea of trading in the C63 for a GT500, Z06, or GT-R. Purchase would be based on maintenance costs, reliability, and daily driveability. Not saying I'm gonna trade in the C63 right away but any input would be appreciated.
Z06 all the way.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Used ZR1, Vrooooom.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 PM

A Car
I sometimes daily drive my 2012 GTR. I'm obviously biased, but from the choices you listed I would pick the GTR. It's somewhat of a compromise for a daily, but it's blast. I have a friend who sometimes hauls around his kids, one in a baby seat. He tracks his and has not had any mechanical issues with the car. Back seats are small, but there if you need them. However, it does have more room than my 911. On nagtroc.com you will find a wealth of information and many who daily drive their cars.

Maintenance really depends on whether you plan on tracking the car regularly. If you do, it can be expensive, esp. brakes and tires. If not, it's relatively affordable. Oil changes are done every 6k and cost about $150. If you get a 2012, the tranny and diff oil doesn't need to be changed until 36k instead of 18k on the pre-2012s. If you purchase the oil online, you can get it done for around $1,000. Otherwise it's around $1500. The rotors should last a very long time if not tracking. Otherwise, you can get some aftermarket rotors and pads for less than OEM. At 1000 miles, 12 mo, 24 mo, and 36 mo they do a performance optimization service where they perform certain vehicle checks and adjustments to engine/tranny settings, alignment, driveshaft. These are free of charge.

I agree that service in general may not be as consistent as what you receive at luxury car dealerships. However, it really depends on the particular dealership. If you live in a large city you have quite a large number of dealerships to choose for your service. I have had nothing but a great experience at Nissan. The only two people who can touch the car are the service manager and the GTR tech (most GTR certified dealerships have 1-2), even to put air in the tires (car come with stock with nitrogen and they had to add some once). Anytime I have a question, I deal with the service manager directly, but the other guys also provide great customer service. They always provide a loaner if needed.

Last edited by erio; 01-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
This is my presentation card:

The transmission on the GTR cost $23500!!!
The transmission fluids change cost close to $900
The brakes cost around $8000

Are you sure you want a GTR as a daily driver? The Z06 transmission (tremec TR-6060) or Tremec T-56 cost new $4500.

The corvette don't have any service until 30000 miles, just oil changes. I purchased a new C6 Z06 in 08 and it was very civilized. Very soft clutch and you could pull in 6th gear at 800rpm(that is 200 rpm less than 1000 rpms folks!!!!) and accelerate at a decent rate. I use to cruise at 1000 rpms in town and at 1600 rpms at 75mph in 6th gear on the HWY.

My personal last choice would be the GTR even though is perhaps the quickes on acceleration. I just couldn't pass the fact of scary maintenance and NOT being able to service it in any dealer. You can take a Corvette or a Ford Mustang and service it in like 10000 dealers all across america, instead you might have a single dealer with a master technician to service your car every 150 miles on your GTR.

To me my decision has to do with the least hassle. The GTR is too complicated to work and there are no autozone sort of speak parts around.

Good luck!!

Here is my choice: Z06 first, Shelby GT 500 second and GTR third
Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by callmiro
Why would you get a Z06 when you can get a used ZR1 for around the same price as a GTR (in the $70s)
Honestly, I wasn't even considering a ZR1. Dunno why but I kind of prefer the more light weight, N/A, Z06. Maybe even a carbon edition Z06 will do.

Originally Posted by Dome///AMG
@ _AMG_
After reading the comments I would say you are already driving the perfect DD

I did also a test drive with the GT-R and I think this car is such amazing, but I also was worried about the transmission and the warranty.

I want to drive my car hard without thinking about problems and I read to much bad feedback about the GT-R on diffrent boards.
So I kept my solid C63 and I'm still happy with it.
Maybe the C63 Coupe would be an option for the future
Thanks for input Dome. The concerns about the transmission is one of the very few things holding me back.

Originally Posted by 805Benz
Owned a GTR for about 1 1/2 years.

PRO's
- lots of attention
- excellent handling
- amazing acceleration

Con's
- lack of low end torque (must wind up engine for fun)
- stiff ride
- when your not racing around, car can get boring
- rear seats (very little room)

Summary: would make good second or third car (toy)

Own a 2007 Z06 that has been heavily modified

Pro's
- Extremely fast (lots of torque, even stock)
- not expensive to modify for lots of power
- great car for track
- bang for the buck (get a second had one will low miles, cheap)

Con's
- quality of interior not great
- fit and finish needs more
- poor seats (aftermarket needed)
- no rear seats
- not fun when stuck on 405 traffic
- not built like a German car
- keep your torque wrench handy

Summary: This would be a good toy for a second/third car. Will help give you the torque fixing when you need it.

Another car to consider for the price range and similar characteristic

911 S (997.2)

Pro
- amazing build quality
- best steering response
- fairly quick for keeping your drivers license
- excellent handling

Con
- needs more low end torque (turbo??)
- very little storage
- stiff suspension for long trips (varies by person)

Summary: ideal for a second car

If your looking for an all around car with performance, ride quality, space, lots of driver gadget toys, ect..

keep the C63 or test drive a 2012 CLS 550 (similar price range)

Decisions.... Have fun

-
Thanks alot for the info, I'm not really into P cars but the only one Id consider getting is the Turbo.
Though I love the styling on the new CLS 550, The power wouldn't be enough for me.

Originally Posted by Jycke
Dibs on your rims if you sell them
Lol, will definitely let you know if they go up for sale.

Originally Posted by GuppyC63
How about getting a CLK63 Black Series instead? They are around mid 60 thousands right now.
You gotta show me these crazy hookups Dave! Haha
I would love to own a CLKBS, but want something with more speed.

Originally Posted by AlphaSRT-8
I don't know if you and I are on the same wave length here but about 3 months ago I drove every car on your list. Don’t get me wrong, I love my C, but I just wanted "more" I guess. To be honest, the results were enough so that I am keeping my AMG. Rant time:

GTR- Oh the GTR how I love you. This car is hands down one of the most driver connected cars on the planet. It does everything you ask and then some, all with a sort of "furious cool" that no other car on your list has. The transmission is lighting fast and never misses a beat. Build quality seems great for a Nissan. A lot of people hold the GTR almost "accountable" for the build quality and "squeaks" but you get what you pay for. You own a car that would waste 98% of street driven cars for under 100k, something has to give. The car I test drove was solid as a rock, with nothing I could complain about. While on the test drive people were almost getting in accidents staring at the car, considering its around the cost of a fully loaded CAMG your "attention per dollar spent" is a total win here. Why not get the GTR then? Honestly the guy who said that the GTR should be sold and serviced at a Infiniti dealer hit the nail on the head. The fact that I have to sit there while some lady with 17 kids lets them run around the place like its a day care screaming at the top of their lungs, um..no. Also, the services GTR advisor I was "introduced" to had NO CLUE. I wouldn't let them service a Versa I bought from them none the less a 90k super car. Plain and simple, the dealers and service and just not up to par. If someone wants to argue with this think of about it this way, if you going to get handed a 6k bill for service and parts do you want a loli pop stuck to your pants from the chair you were just sitting in? One of those 17 kids left it there....

Z06- The definition of "furious." It is a good performer BUT is a total handful to drive. I mean it when I say it, if you’re going to do some "spirited" driving and are not 110% this car will hand you your *** in the form of going into a wall, ditch and or any other terrible car debilitating fate. I drove one at a NASA event out here and you almost have to learn how to drive a "Z06." When you tell it to do one thing, it does that, with a little extra scary side offering. Typically what I would call a "lack of engineering." I mean the ZR1 is the same boat, just so much car for a "so so" OEM factory suspension and handling dynamic. Don't get me wrong a good car but if anyone can say that they tracked a Z06 and ZR1 and didn't go boom boom in your shorts I would like to shake your hand, after I wash mine. Positive notes, the car is on demand torque, cheap to mod in the grand scheme of things and has a HUGE aftermarket following. I mean some parts have over 25 vendors making them. Flip side, there are about 6,345,243,654 driving around Phoenix, so I can't imagine how it would be in a major market with 10 million plus population. Also, you are going to run into the same service issue here. The dealers are mostly old and out dated(could be different where you are), and there is a chance your SA could have "dip" in his mouth while he is talking to you.

GT500- I drove a 2012, but I was still really impressed. The new Ford product versus the late 90s is night and day. You can tell they have "pride" in the build again. The car had great fit and finish and the blower whine is divine. For some reason I really like the retro but modern look of the inside. The gear manual gear box feels great too, better than the vette. The car has the about the same power feel of the Z06 but just feels like a good ol' fashion high horse power, RWD American Muscle car. Without all the meth addict jerks the Z06 offers. I will say that all the Ford dealers in AZ are mostly redone and look great, I wouldn't feel weird bringing in a car here. I think Fords new business model is just spot on and really makes me think highly of them. No bail out, win.

So why not pull the trigger? I love the AMG too much...everything from the dealer and service to the free loaners etc. Whenever you have a issue you can call MBUSA and most of the time a dealer GM will call to help you solve the problem with surgical precision (only had one issue). Also, the coupe....while I love the look, the Sedan is just more practical for me. The last word is from you my man; it's all about what you want....and what YOU feel best in. Good luck!
Wow, thanks alot for taking the time to write this out. This is really gonna help me out with my decision.
Btw love the avatar, OBEY GIANT FTW!!

Originally Posted by propain
Z06 all the way.
Your not making this easy for me Jim.

Originally Posted by C63newdude

Are you sure you want a GTR as a daily driver? The Z06 transmission (tremec TR-6060) or Tremec T-56 cost new $4500.

The corvette don't have any service until 30000 miles, just oil changes. I purchased a new C6 Z06 in 08 and it was very civilized. Very soft clutch and you could pull in 6th gear at 800rpm(that is 200 rpm less than 1000 rpms folks!!!!) and accelerate at a decent rate. I use to cruise at 1000 rpms in town and at 1600 rpms at 75mph in 6th gear on the HWY.

My personal last choice would be the GTR even though is perhaps the quickes on acceleration. I just couldn't pass the fact of scary maintenance and NOT being able to service it in any dealer. You can take a Corvette or a Ford Mustang and service it in like 10000 dealers all across america, instead you might have a single dealer with a master technician to service your car every 150 miles on your GTR.

To me my decision has to do with the least hassle. The GTR is too complicated to work and there are no autozone sort of speak parts around.

Good luck!!

Having 2 GM cars, I can agree the service on them was minimal, easy and fairly cheap.
From what I have heard from a few GT-R owners, the cost of maintenance isn't really that insane (excluding the DCT fluid change).
Which ever car I get I am going to mod, but just cant get around the fact that Nissan is very **** with the warranty.
Honestly, I love all 3 cars and they are each amazing in they're own way. Just gotta think long and hard on which one I would want to go with.

Last edited by _AMG_; 01-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
A lot of BS is being written here about the Z06. Either by people who never owned one, or some that have driven it once or twice and feel the need to bash it. Anyway, I own one along with a 2011 M3. I've had my Z06 for almost 5 yrs now. Just to let you know, I have never driven or owned the GTR or the new GT500 so I'm gonna reserve judgement, but between the two, I'd take the GT500. I dont care for electronic,AWD jap cars. Just not my thing.

Anyway, The Z06 is my daily driver(unless its snowing)and I LOVE IT. It can be driven very normally, and can be very easy to live with. Its quite comfortable, plenty of storage space in the hatch, and of course its VERY fast. This car will make you sh*t your pants if you're not expecting the power. This car does everything well. Handle, accelerate, brake, etc.....The top end is unbelievable(until the dreaded 5th and 6th gears)0-150 is no joke. You can easily cruise in this car and be very comfortable. I can easily get 28 mpg cruising on the highway @75 in 6th gear. Its very easy to mod and responds very well to mods too. If light weight and NA are important(they are to me)then the Z06 is the only choice amongst your choices.

The interior may not be the best in fit and finish or materials, but people dont buy this car for the interior or the electronics. I certaintly didnt. Its really not that bad. If you really wanted to upgrade the interior, Caravaggio can do wonders to the interior that would put the italians to shame, nevermind the germans. All I care about in the interior is that I can hear the 427 running to redline and the clicking of the shifter as I shift. Its heaven!

If you've never driven one, do yourself a favor and do so. You will be hooked. I know this car may not be for everyone, but that can be said about anything. Thank god for choices. If you have any other questions regarding the Z06, you can PM anytime.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 AM

2003 CLK55AMG
It depends on where you want a car that you are going to mod or not. The GT500 is a great car to mod. not very costly and can make 800RWHP. The Z06 is a great car out of the box along with the GTR. Personally I would say go drive all three. let us know what you pick out.

I would personally stay with the C63. I have been a big fan of the c63's.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
considering your getting rid of a C63 .. an assuming u like that raw V8 power .. i feel like nothing is gonna top the shelby .. its like a carpet bomber, more dramatic than a precision missile .. sorry for the violent reference :P ... but yeh the GT-R esp if you get the 2012 ... SICKENING
Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
[quote=C.Z. 55;4996901]First decide if you want 2 or three pedals.

Then decide if you want 2 or 4 doors and a back seat. Then decide if you want something stealth or the hey look at me. GTR is the best balanced of the three if you can get by the Japanese drift car coupe look. Vettes just keep getting better and better and not too pricey. The GT500 should be the cheapest but not alot of fun with solid rear axel.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
just have to say: gt-r might be fast, but it's waaaaay to ugly IMO,
Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
hey man.. if you're letting go of your C63 and think of getting the GTR, might as well go for the C63 Coupe Black Series! If you want a nice daily drive with 4 doors which will get people to stare at you.. you can also get the new CLS63! hehe my two cents worth
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 AM

2010 CL550 loaded
Originally Posted by C63newdude

Good luck!!

There is so much misinformation about the GTR in this post ,I thought I was on the corvette board. LOL
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by _AMG_

Your not making this easy for me Jim.

In my short stay in the Euro market I have learned a few things, the bottom 2 are all I will comment on though.. LOL

1. Money brings out the worst in people
2. It costs way to much to mod a Euro car for the results you get

The Z06 is a beast. Cheaply modded compared to any Euro car. Easily fixed by almost ANY mechanic you can find. The parts are cheap as well.

Bang for the buck as far as performance goes you cant beat the Z06. You want a status symbol? Buy an S550.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM

E55
Dude I come back on the forum and I see this. If I were you, I'd definitely get a 997TT hands down. Forget the GT-R or ZO6. If you're thinking about giving up the C63, then we must do another photo shoot w/ the fellas now that I got my car back.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 AM

07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
Originally Posted by hyperion667
+1

Think about the ZR1.
Its more civilized than the Z06, the LS9 engine is hand built and buletproof and you have 650 fully warrantied HP and a strong drivetrain.
Also, its the only car mentioned that could run with a GTR stock for stock.

I like big NA engines and have a 600HP NA 427 CTS-V that I drive when I need more thrills than the E63. The ZR1 might not be NA but it delivers.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM

07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
Why not supercharge your C63?
Less investment since the blower can be removed and sold later when AMG releases a 6.3L DI TT C63 (dream).
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Out of that list, I would have to say the 2013 GT500 without a doubt. Has a higher top speed than a z06. lol.

But in that price range, I would look no further than a Used 997 911 Turbo.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
Out of that list, I would have to say the 2013 GT500 without a doubt. Has a higher top speed than a z06. lol.

Used 997 turbos are not in that price range - they're still well over $100K. Did you mean 996 turbo?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by BK63amg
Used 997 turbos are not in that price range - they're still well over $100K. Did you mean 996 turbo?
No, I mean 997. 996's can be had for 40's.

Found over a dozen under 80k on a quick search via autotrader.

Only 20k miles -
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

a local one by me -

one more local one at a porsche dealer

Here is a turbo in the 60s, 31k miles.

Mind you these are asking prices. Positive they can be had for cheaper than their list.

Even 09s can be had for less than 100k.

44k miles for 87k

Last edited by Nachtsturm; 01-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:19 PM

2010 C63, 2009 S550, 2007 GL450
If you are married with kids, get a 4 door. This may not be a consideration but a used S550 would be a great daily driver. My wife has one. I love my c63, but every time I drive the S550, I love the comfort and roominess. Perhaps, my aging body is telling me something...

Good luck with your car shopping.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
No, I mean 997. 996's can be had for 40's.

Found over a dozen under 80k on a quick search via autotrader.

Only 20k miles -

a local one by me -

one more local one at a porsche dealer

Here is a turbo in the 60s, 31k miles.

Mind you these are asking prices. Positive they can be had for cheaper than their list.

Even 09s can be had for less than 100k.

44k miles for 87k
Wow - I was just looking on cars.com last week at 997 turbos and couldnt find anything below $100K. Perhaps the location settings were showing only cars in the tri-state area and I was focused on 2009/10 model years?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
[quote=DuaneC63;4998068]
Originally Posted by C.Z. 55
First decide if you want 2 or three pedals.

Then decide if you want 2 or 4 doors and a back seat. Then decide if you want something stealth or the hey look at me. GTR is the best balanced of the three if you can get by the Japanese drift car coupe look. Vettes just keep getting better and better and not too pricey. The GT500 should be the cheapest but not alot of fun with solid rear axel.
I would prefer a coupe, and I really don't care for the "hey look at me" factor, just want a great all around performer that I can have some real fun with. lol
I agree, vettes keep looking better and better through out the years. As for the GT500, I just dont like the solid rear axle Ford should really look into converting to a independent rear suspension.

Originally Posted by yazid
hey man.. if you're letting go of your C63 and think of getting the GTR, might as well go for the C63 Coupe Black Series! If you want a nice daily drive with 4 doors which will get people to stare at you.. you can also get the new CLS63! hehe my two cents worth
Hey Yazid,
I would love the C63 BS but its out of my price range, the CLS63 is alot more reasonably priced and is a brutal machine but I would want to sacrafice some luxury for performance.

Originally Posted by propain

In my short stay in the Euro market I have learned a few things, the bottom 2 are all I will comment on though.. LOL

1. Money brings out the worst in people
2. It costs way to much to mod a Euro car for the results you get

The Z06 is a beast. Cheaply modded compared to any Euro car. Easily fixed by almost ANY mechanic you can find. The parts are cheap as well.

Bang for the buck as far as performance goes you cant beat the Z06. You want a status symbol? Buy an S550.
I totally agree with the first 2 comments.
I also agree that the Z06 is a very good car for the money, thats easy and fairly to modify (compaerd to Euros). I have seen a few for sale in the 40k-50K range with good mileage. Im gonna keep an eye out.

Originally Posted by dr_brains510
Dude I come back on the forum and I see this. If I were you, I'd definitely get a 997TT hands down. Forget the GT-R or ZO6. If you're thinking about giving up the C63, then we must do another photo shoot w/ the fellas now that I got my car back.
Haha whatsup ma man!!
Lemme know when you decide to trade in the E55 for a 997TT (I know you want to) lol
Drove a moddd 997TT once and I was very pleases with everything it offered, but If I had a choice between the 2 id lean more towards the GT-R.
Originally Posted by lunarx
Why not supercharge your C63?
Less investment since the blower can be removed and sold later when AMG releases a 6.3L DI TT C63 (dream).
A S/C M156 would be sick, just cant see myself spenindg 15k on forced induction on this car.
I would rather do some light mods to a GT-R, Z06 or GT-500 and get the power where I want it to be.

The 2013 GT500 is definitley impressive, dont know alot of cars under 70k that will get to 200mph.

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Lol, not alot of people are too fond of the GT-R's looks, I think it looks pretty agressive.

Originally Posted by c63edition1
considering your getting rid of a C63 .. an assuming u like that raw V8 power .. i feel like nothing is gonna top the shelby .. its like a carpet bomber, more dramatic than a precision missile .. sorry for the violent reference :P ... but yeh the GT-R esp if you get the 2012 ... SICKENING
Dont know if Im getting rid of the C6 just yet but just shopping aorund.
Just love everything about high performance V8's.

Originally Posted by BRIZZOK84
It depends on where you want a car that you are going to mod or not. The GT500 is a great car to mod. not very costly and can make 800RWHP. The Z06 is a great car out of the box along with the GTR. Personally I would say go drive all three. let us know what you pick out.

I would personally stay with the C63. I have been a big fan of the c63's.
No matter which one I get it will be modded to a certain degree, just cant keep my cars stock. lol

Originally Posted by lunarx
+1

Think about the ZR1.
Its more civilized than the Z06, the LS9 engine is hand built and buletproof and you have 650 fully warrantied HP and a strong drivetrain.
Also, its the only car mentioned that could run with a GTR stock for stock.

I like big NA engines and have a 600HP NA 427 CTS-V that I drive when I need more thrills than the E63. The ZR1 might not be NA but it delivers.
The ZR1 is definitely a monster. if I come across one with a descent price I could see myself getting one, but who knows. lol
I really like the CTS-V also, just because its more practical and has a brutal V8 under the hood.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:27 PM

A Car
Originally Posted by BK63amg
Wow - I was just looking on cars.com last week at 997 turbos and couldnt find anything below $100K. Perhaps the location settings were showing only cars in the tri-state area and I was focused on 2009/10 model years?
997.1tt are not hard to find at those prices, but I the 997.2tt (2009+) is a significant upgrade in my opinion-larger engine, larger intercooler, improved PTM, available in PDK, etc. It can be found starting in the mid 90k range.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trade in the C63 for: GT500, Z06 or GT-R?