My New 2102 C63 PP DW Coupe Picked Up Today- Friday the 13th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Originally Posted by Forest Jim
Thanks Mate, No didn't get to keep the black cover

Just gave here a quick wash and I can tell you the black wheels hide the brake dust very well.

Full detail and wax next week.

Hey Perry, Have you worked out the tint yet?. Think a saw somewhere 3M black tint 35%. Where did you get the wheel brush that Marty ( Pickles) recomended... Carcarproducts?

Cheers

Marty
Hi Marty,
Yes I agree, the wheels do not look dirty at all until you swipe your finger on it and that's when you realize how dirty they are.

I am going to use 35% sun guard. I was told they are just as good as I don't have a 3m agent near me and apparently Sun Guard is just as good.

Yes I got my Daytona Wheel Brush from carcareproducts.com.au. I also got the smaller version too called EZ Detail from the same place.

Marty do you use Zaino car polish. That is a fantastic synthetic polish that I have been using for over 8 years. You can get that from the same place too or at the Aust agent www.zainobros.com.au. If you want to read more about the product go to www.zainobros.com

I have spent all morning washing off wax with dish washing detergent, like sunlight and the repolishing the car with Zaino. I also polish the black alloys as well. It now looks superb but I am bias

Cheers
Perry
Old 01-14-2012, 01:57 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
Originally Posted by pcho
Hi Marty,
Yes I agree, the wheels do not look dirty at all until you swipe your finger on it and that's when you realize how dirty they are.

I am going to use 35% sun guard. I was told they are just as good as I don't have a 3m agent near me and apparently Sun Guard is just as good.

Yes I got my Daytona Wheel Brush from carcareproducts.com.au. I also got the smaller version too called EZ Detail from the same place.

Marty do you use Zaino car polish. That is a fantastic synthetic polish that I have been using for over 8 years. You can get that from the same place too or at the Aust agent www.zainobros.com.au. If you want to read more about the product go to www.zainobros.com

I have spent all morning washing off wax with dish washing detergent, like sunlight and the repolishing the car with Zaino. I also polish the black alloys as well. It now looks superb but I am bias

Cheers
Perry
Thanks I'll order a brush now.

When are you getting the tint done. If this week could you let me know how you went.

I use Zaino Leather in a bottle, regarding the wax in not sure yet. I've got some Meguiar's nxt2 Tech Wax 2, I'll use that for now and work it out what to use later. I also use Meq Final Inspection and Poorboy's World - Wheel Sealant. Plus a few other little things.

What wheel cleaner & Tyre dressing do you use?

Better take her for a spin now.

Giddy Up

Marty
Old 01-14-2012, 05:47 AM

Thanks I'll order a brush now.

When are you getting the tint done. If this week could you let me know how you went.

I use Zaino Leather in a bottle, regarding the wax in not sure yet. I've got some Meguiar's nxt2 Tech Wax 2, I'll use that for now and work it out what to use later. I also use Meq Final Inspection and Poorboy's World - Wheel Sealant. Plus a few other little things.

What wheel cleaner & Tyre dressing do you use?

Better take her for a spin now.

Giddy Up

Marty
Hi Marty,
I never use any thing for tyres. If it gets dirty I scrub with detergent. Most tyre dressing are either oil based or silicon based. When the tyre gets wet, it sprays greasy, dirty specs all over the back of the car and makes the wheels even dirtier. If you have better option I would like to know
Perry
Old 01-14-2012, 06:24 AM

Hi Marty,
I never use any thing for tyres. If it gets dirty I scrub with detergent. Most tyre dressing are either oil based or silicon based. When the tyre gets wet, it sprays greasy, dirty specs all over the back of the car and makes the wheels even dirtier. If you have better option I would like to know
Perry
Bugga, Perry though you'd have the answer. Now don't laugh, I use Australian Export Wet Look Tyre Shine (I've tried heaps) it's like about $2 a can.
I spray in onto a sponge applicator and wipe it very lightly. Just to give it a light gloss colour.

I said before I was taking the car for a spin... Well after you asked me about wax and went straight our the garage and waxed the car. My family think i'm mad. It was a good idea on mine when we built the house to put and air cond vent in the garage.

PS I'm just about to PM my contact details. I would like to have a chat with you soon.

Cheers

Marty

Last edited by Forest Jim; 01-14-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM

Tint done. Very happy with the job.

Wife's ML350 - Terorite - with AMG Pack got a tint too. (In background on the first pix)

Now stop raining.

Giddy Up

Marty
Attached Thumbnails My New 2102 C63 PP DW Coupe Picked Up Today- Friday the 13th-tint-3.jpg   My New 2102 C63 PP DW Coupe Picked Up Today- Friday the 13th-car-tint-2.jpg   My New 2102 C63 PP DW Coupe Picked Up Today- Friday the 13th-car-tint-4.jpg  

Last edited by Forest Jim; 01-17-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 AM

Tint done. Very happy with the job.

Wife's ML350 - Terorite - with AMG Pack got a tint too. (In background on the first pix)

Now stop raining.

Giddy Up

Marty
Hi Marty,

It is looking good now, however I can see some dirt on your car. Why aren't you washing it .

Cheers
Perry
Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 AM

Hi Marty,

It is looking good now, however I can see some dirt on your car. Why aren't you washing it .

Cheers
Perry
Now Perry!!!!, Do you want me to start telling stories about you?????

LOL

PS, Looks like it's stopped raining here in Brisbane.

PPS, Wheel Brushes should arrive the morning.

Giddy Up

Marty
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'16 A45 AMG
Congrats and have much fun with it