Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 02:24 PM

2009 C63
Warranty question...

So I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on another C63 after the first few deals I had lined up fell through. The only difference is that this car is not at an official MB dealership.

It's an '09 with about 30k on it. So my question is....how much would be left on the factory warranty? And can I extend it through MB as an official "CPO" or something with similar coverage?

I tried searching MB online and even calling, but it seems hard to get a straight answer. So since I'm buying it at another dealership which is not MB...what are my options?

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012 | 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by dubaudi
So I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on another C63 after the first few deals I had lined up fell through. The only difference is that this car is not at an official MB dealership.

It's an '09 with about 30k on it. So my question is....how much would be left on the factory warranty? And can I extend it through MB as an official "CPO" or something with similar coverage?

I tried searching MB online and even calling, but it seems hard to get a straight answer. So since I'm buying it at another dealership which is not MB...what are my options?

Thanks!
The amount of time left on the factory warranty is dependent upon the "in service" date of the car. You can go to the dealership to purchase an extended warranty, but you cannot get the car CPO'd. The vehicle has to be sold to a MB dealership in order for it to be certified.
Old 01-13-2012 | 02:39 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The amount of time left on the factory warranty is dependent upon the "in service" date of the car. You can go to the dealership to purchase an extended warranty, but you cannot get the car CPO'd. The vehicle has to be sold to a MB dealership in order for it to be certified.
Thanks Jeff. Is the warranty you can purchase from the dealership an MB warranty, or aftermarket?
Old 01-13-2012 | 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by dubaudi
Thanks Jeff. Is the warranty you can purchase from the dealership an MB warranty, or aftermarket?

The dealership should have a few options for you. It can be the MB warranty or it can be an aftermarket one. Dependent on what they are selling.
Old 01-13-2012 | 03:00 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The dealership should have a few options for you. It can be the MB warranty or it can be an aftermarket one. Dependent on what they are selling.

Thanks again Jeff. I guess I'll start calling around to some local dealers to see what's what.

In theory I guess the car should still have about 20k or roughly 1 year left on the factory original warranty before I need to extend it.