Sponsored by:

C63 M156 P30 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
C63 M156 P30 Build Thread

So I have decided to create this build thread in order to keep online records of the mods I have made to my car and to share my experiences. The challenge for readers is to relate the power output to sea level as I live at 5600ft above sea level. The way I will present the modifications and power levels is as follows:
Stock Car
Stock Car and Agency Power Exhaust
Stock Car + Agency Power + LTH
Stock Car + Agency Power + LTH + Software
Stock Car + Agency Power + LTH + Software + Weistec Heads
Finally all the above with their Stage 2 kit when it become available.

The vehicle is a 2009 C63 with the P30 Package at 25,000km and RHD. A bit of my back round is that I am automotive junky and have also been involved in the past with a software tuning firm. This build would be considered a mild build in my books.

Below is the baseline of the car which was done with a 32 degrees Celsius ambient and humidity at 70%. The car was relatively lazy starting off with a 298whp reading and on the third run it achieve 306whp. For future reference keep in mind when I run my cars I do not do cool downs or spray the intake to keep it cool, the runs are also done with the hood closed. The three runs done where consecutive.

Last edited by GeorgeSmooth; 01-29-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Agency Power Valvetronic Exhaust

After having major issues with drone on my 335 system and seeing the excellent video on this product I decided to pull the trigger. I dealt with the vendor that initially had it advertised which was Vivid Racing and my dealings with them where second to none. They where both friendly to my questions and efficient with the whole purchase and shipping procedure.

Below is a picture of the packaging the system came in. Everything was well protected with a double layer packing system of the X Pipe on top with the exhaust tips and the rear boxes and electronics below.

The tips which I selected in powder coated matt black.

Quality welds on rear box showing part of the Valve assembly

Close up of some more welds

The business end of the Valve System

X Pipe

X Pipe Mounting Brace showing great quality throughout the system.

The only place that Agency has failed on this system is the lack on installation instructions. There is no literature available with the shipment except for some install pictures that Rob from Vivid Racing kindly sent me on short notice. I did email Agency and instantly received all literature and pictures needed to make the installation easy for a DIY type. I am sure they will attend to making a booklet for the install.

Next leg will be installation with pics and sound videos.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Looks like u going to be building one bad *** c63
Keeps us posted