C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Qustions about my '09...

Old 02-02-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Qustions about my '09...

OK, so I've had my '09 C63 for a few days now and I love it! Here's a few things that sort of annoy me though....maybe you guys can tell me if there's some simple solutions:

1. It drives me crazy that the bluetooth doesn't display caller information on the screen when I receive a call. I see the phone number but not the names. I was told that I can program them all in 1 by 1 but honestly...is that the only way?!

2. The front cornering lights. There should really be a way to turn those off. Every time I see another C class that has them my first thought is that they have a burned out foglight..LOL

3. The auto-dipping sideview mirror. I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual 500 times, but I can't seem to get this feature to work! I back into my parking space at home, so it's super helpful! Anyone manage to get it working?

4. The iPod intergration.....need I say more? lol

Otherwise...so far I love the car. The exhaust note is amazing, it's smooth, powerful, and comfortable. So far the move to Benz is great!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
If you have a proper bluetooth puck, the caller id should show both name and number. The MB branded puck is renown for all kinds of compatibility issues... consider the MB-4 we carry if you want full performance from the phone system.... we do have replacement iPod kits too!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Cartronics
If you have a proper bluetooth puck, the caller id should show both name and number. The MB branded puck is renown for all kinds of compatibility issues... consider the MB-4 we carry if you want full performance from the phone system.... we do have replacement iPod kits too!!
Can you tell me more?

With your bluetooth puck...what would I have to change? It will display all the information from my phone onto the nav screen when I get a call?

And how does your iPod kit work?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by dubaudi
OK, so I've had my '09 C63 for a few days now and I love it! Here's a few things that sort of annoy me though....maybe you guys can tell me if there's some simple solutions:

1. It drives me crazy that the bluetooth doesn't display caller information on the screen when I receive a call. I see the phone number but not the names. I was told that I can program them all in 1 by 1 but honestly...is that the only way?!

2. The front cornering lights. There should really be a way to turn those off. Every time I see another C class that has them my first thought is that they have a burned out foglight..LOL

3. The auto-dipping sideview mirror. I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual 500 times, but I can't seem to get this feature to work! I back into my parking space at home, so it's super helpful! Anyone manage to get it working?

Otherwise...so far I love the car. The exhaust note is amazing, it's smooth, powerful, and comfortable. So far the move to Benz is great!
1) You have 2 options. Manually input every caller into the phone book or use the card reader slot and upload it that way.

2) You can manually turn your headlights on and off instead of leaving it on full auto mode.

3) You have to select the RIGHT mirror for the reverse tilt down to work.

4) The white cable ipod integration is crap. Only work around is to get the media interface or get a 2010 and above car with the updated command unit.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:56 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
2) You can manually turn your headlights on and off instead of leaving it on full auto mode.

3) You have to select the RIGHT mirror for the reverse tilt down to work.
Does turning the headlights on and off manually disable the cornering lights?

And I did select the right mirror...still nada. Funny thing is..if I select the right mirror, the little red indicator lights up..but after a minute or so, it goes away.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I believe that for the mirror, the US cars did not have that feature (do a search to confirm).
Regarding the ipod, I use the steering wheels buttons and it works well. Not as it should be where the info should display on the COMMAND center like the 2010 but once you get used to the controls, it does the job.
The only way to "disable" the cornering light is to turn on your foglights. Probably not what you wanted to hear lol.
Enjoy your new beast.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Can you tell me more?

With your bluetooth puck...what would I have to change? It will display all the information from my phone onto the nav screen when I get a call?

And how does your iPod kit work?
Just change the puck to a MB-4, and all will be well with the phone.
Our iTronic kits allow display and control of Artist, Album, Song, Genre right on the COMAND
Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM

2009 C63
Just change the puck to a MB-4, and all will be well with the phone.
Our iTronic kits allow display and control of Artist, Album, Song, Genre right on the COMAND
Can you tell me where the MB-4 puck is located in my car? '09 C63.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM

home the point
1. You can do a bulk import via the PC card slot. You will need a PMICIA pc card (not all PC card works; I know this works) and a SD card. Export all your contact to Outlook then save them as vCard format onto the SD card root directory. Put the card into the c63 pc slot. Under phone menu, select phone, then address book then import from pc card. And you're done. Once someone on the phonebook calls then their contact info will show. Addresses will work for the GPS as well.

2. You can ask a MB service shop to program it to always stay on or off.

3. I don't think that's available for US models.

4. Different sellers offer variety of Ipod integration solutions. Cartronic has one as do midcityengineering. But they are all too pricey for me. I personally use PC cards for mp3s and Anystream (from cartronic) for pandora music.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by emericr
I believe that for the mirror, the US cars did not have that feature (do a search to confirm).
I definitely have that function for my right mirror. Most likely updated for the 2010 and up models.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Can you tell me where the MB-4 puck is located in my car? '09 C63.
Damn small screens - sorry we get notifications and replies on our iPhones and I thought it said E63 not C63 - The 09 C does not have a puck, which is too bad, makes it easy to change and upgrade.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:11 PM

2009 C63
Damn small screens - sorry we get notifications and replies on our iPhones and I thought it said E63 not C63 - The 09 C does not have a puck, which is too bad, makes it easy to change and upgrade.
haha damn..you had me all excited for a second..
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM

C63 AMG, C36 AMG, SL500
I sent my contacts by Bluetooth, you can do them one by one or I set up groups on my phone and imported the groups (Nokia phone) as Vcards. Took a while to work this out. Good Luck.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
It just doesn't give a puck.....
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM

Black C63 Kleeman, 1965 Backdraft cobra 427 Roush, 1969 Z28 555ci (pump Gas) Shafiroff
I agree, the cornering fog lights suck ! Can that feature be disabled?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 C63 AMG, 03 C320 Sport Coupe 96 Mustang
Originally Posted by cptdaz
1. You can do a bulk import via the PC card slot. You will need a PMICIA pc card (not all PC card works; I know this works) and a SD card. Export all your contact to Outlook then save them as vCard format onto the SD card root directory. Put the card into the c63 pc slot. Under phone menu, select phone, then address book then import from pc card. And you're done. Once someone on the phonebook calls then their contact info will show. Addresses will work for the GPS as well.
I take it this only works if you have Command - correct? If not, it there a way to import contacts from a blackberry?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

The 09 sucked as far as phone sync and bringing the contacts over to the command. I believe a new version of command resolved this with the 2010. The only way you will see contact names is if you import your contact list to the car.

I believe there is a setting to shut them off. Check the manual.

Should work. Its not that big of a dip so many its working and you dont notice. Also the faster you go in reverse the less it will work.

Blows... You also cant charge your Ipod with the cable in the glove. Another 09 problem resolved in 2010.

Enjoy it! and get it tuned....
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 AM

2011 C63 Sedan White on Black
Smile

Hi dubaudi,
I've had a used 09 for nearly two years, as far as I know,
1) I keyed in all my frequent contacts into the COMAND system, so far as I know there was no SIM sync before the 2010 models
2) I've had the same problem too. I don't think it's something it can be done in the normal way. maybe some wiring work is needed.
3)I've actually never knew there was that function so thanks for that lol
4) This was really painful and I feel it, but unfortunately there's no official upgrade for the COMAND system. You can try some third party ones, here's one: http://midcityengineering.com/ipod-i...idge-bluetooth
Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by vastermind
Hi dubaudi,
I've had a used 09 for nearly two years, as far as I know,
1) I keyed in all my frequent contacts into the COMAND system, so far as I know there was no SIM sync before the 2010 models
2) I've had the same problem too. I don't think it's something it can be done in the normal way. maybe some wiring work is needed.
3)I've actually never knew there was that function so thanks for that lol
4) This was really painful and I feel it, but unfortunately there's no official upgrade for the COMAND system. You can try some third party ones, here's one: http://midcityengineering.com/ipod-i...idge-bluetooth
I know it seems wasteful to many but all the above was the main reason I sold my 2009 for my 2010.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by propain
Thanks pro pain. I guess I need to spend some more time with my owners manual...lol.

Here's another noob question. Are the internals of the side mirrors from 2009 to 2010 the same? I know the outer covers are different, but could you swap the outer covers? I found these on e-bay (i know..don't say it!), and I'm wondering if they'd fit. For $130 it's worth a try I think...lol
Ebay Mirror Covers
Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 AM

home the point
Thanks pro pain. I guess I need to spend some more time with my owners manual...lol.

Here's another noob question. Are the internals of the side mirrors from 2009 to 2010 the same? I know the outer covers are different, but could you swap the outer covers? I found these on e-bay (i know..don't say it!), and I'm wondering if they'd fit. For $130 it's worth a try I think...lol
Ebay Mirror Covers
Not 100% sure but I think the internal from a 2010+ will not fit an 08+ casing/shell and vice versa; they are not the same in dimension. However 2010+ mirrors (the entire thing including the base) will fit on an 09 car. They are expensive as hell though and I'm pretty sure you still can't get the auto tilting feature. Those ebay mirrors will fit 08-09 models because they are designed specifically for pre-face lift c.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM

home the point
Originally Posted by Keithb
I take it this only works if you have Command - correct? If not, it there a way to import contacts from a blackberry?
You mean the MM package? I'm not sure; non-MM c63s are kinda rare. But I think as long as you have a pc card slot and telephony functionality you should be able to do it. Then again, non-MM cars might not have the internal HDD required. If you want to check before committing to buying the pc card and SD memory, you can go into the phone menu and see if you have the import from pc card option (it should be greyed out if the system doesn't detect a SD card or vCard contacts). If it's there, then I'm pretty sure you can also bulk import contacts.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by cptdaz
Not 100% sure but I think the internal from a 2010+ will not fit an 08+ casing/shell and vice versa; they are not the same in dimension. However 2010+ mirrors (the entire thing including the base) will fit on an 09 car. They are expensive as hell though and I'm pretty sure you still can't get the auto tilting feature. Those ebay mirrors will fit 08-09 models because they are designed specifically for pre-face lift c.
I was thinking of it more for the look of the newer mirrors, which I like. The huge reflector on my '09 mirrors is kinda ugly. Granted, my car is white so it's not as noticeable as it is on a back car for example, but still the 2010 style looks nicer.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM

home the point
I was thinking of it more for the look of the newer mirrors, which I like. The huge reflector on my '09 mirrors is kinda ugly. Granted, my car is white so it's not as noticeable as it is on a back car for example, but still the 2010 style looks nicer.
You could just get that part painted or covered with CF. Seems like that's a fairly common mod among the pre-fl owners.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM

2011 C63 Sedan White on Black
Talking

Originally Posted by propain
I know it seems wasteful to many but all the above was the main reason I sold my 2009 for my 2010.
I had that urge too but decided to save that money for a few more years gas and services

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Qustions about my '09...