C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c63 BEST TUNING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Oh God, here we go
+3.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
It's a shame conversations like this can't stay civilized, there is no need whatsoever to make it personal. No other vendor topic seems to polarize people to this extent. I can appreciate that some may have negative feelings towards Andy and MHP but my experience is different and that does not make me a fan boy just a deeply satisfied customer.

I began modifying the car 3 years ago with a Kleemann K2 package and was very happy with the results at the time. MHP introduced long tube headers and I was thrilled with the difference they made. ( +44whp/32tq and I don't care if Andy personally donned the welders mask or not)

When my car developed a misfire issue that the dealership couldn't solve, Andy spent a good deal of time on the phone with the AMG tech even though I still had not bought a tune from him. Turned out to be just an 02 sensor problem but afterwards I went ahead and switched tunes.I have not dynoed it since but when Keith and I are on the straights together he doesn't walk away anymore. (That will probably change with the MHP cam package working the way it is.....I have seen the numbers )
My spare ecu will be receiving Andy's latest high octane tune this weekend in an attempt to keep Keith's car in sight when we take them out to play.

Bottom line is choose whoever you are comfortable with. I have several years and thousands of miles running Kleemann and MHP software without a single tune related problem. I find it amazing that we are lucky enough to be the recipients of world class power through just exhaust and tuning yet we fight over who the "best" provider is like someone insulted a family member.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
+1 for Kleeman and the customer service they provide. Cory is top notch!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
This is something I just can not seem to understand...

The question asked was simple and along the lines of ''who's the best tuner I can go with?''

Aside from the well known and advertised tuner names, why doesn't the MHP fan base recomend Techtek?

It is after all the main bases behind the well and truly proven track results they all rave about no?
Why do you not promote the tune you are actually running?

Its the real deal, cheaper and available

Another amusing possible fact is...this is most likely another publicity stunt as usual, to try and promote...

Last edited by Zod; 02-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Zod

The question asked was simple and along the lines of ''who's the best tuner I can go with?''

Aside from the well known and advertised tuner names, why doesn't the MHP fan base recomend Techtek?

It is after all the main bases behind the well and truly proven track results they all rave about no?

Another amusing possible fact is...this is most likely another publicity stunt as usual, to try and promote...
Without trying to get anyone's panties in a bunch. MHP no longer uses Techtek, or is it the other way around.

And their new secret tuner is just that, so NO one can be as good as them.

Please Zod just ask them and you will find out
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Zod

maybe because MHP is no longer using Techtec and their new tuner is light years ahead of Techtec.....just my $.02
Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 CLS63 AMG
a good friend of mine tuned his 2011 C63 edition one (sedan).
he went with weitec. seems like they're pretty good
Old 02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Without trying to get anyone's panties in a bunch. MHP no longer uses Techtek, or is it the other way around.

And their new secret tuner is just that, so NO one can be as good as them.

Please Zod just ask them and you will find out
MHP has been trying to get a cam file for two years. Trust me, numerous tries. Techtek could not figure out the cam problem and how to make them work. Whomever this new tuner is got it right the first time out the shoot. Now its just the fine tuning that needs to happen.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
No matter if you like MHP or not , everybody can agree that they are in the lead on 6.3 plateform. No need to argue on that !
Old 02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
eurocharged works for me... v3+ tune on mine with mbh headers... "+" because it was customized on the dyno by jerry...
Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
maybe because MHP is no longer using Techtec and their new tuner is light years ahead of Techtec.....just my $.02
Old 02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
Come on guys.... Everyone needs to chill.

I personally like Andy and I think he provides a great product. His dedication to the C63 will be remembered forever. His tunes are great, the cars perform well, and almost all of his customers that I know are happy.

Don't bash a guy that can't defend his name here. It's not right!

J
now that shows some class...

a hell of a lot more than andy back when i was shopping for headers...
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by bluejae
now that shows some class...

a hell of a lot more than andy back when i was shopping for headers...
You bet your behind it does

Guess who my tuner is, and why I am now out of this thread

Play nice fellows
Old 02-11-2012, 03:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Jim,Rich,MRAMG1,whomever,
You guys can bash and bad mouth Andy all you want. However, his cars lead the pack. Thats just a fact and I know you hate that but you guys talk about track times, I'm in and so is Dodger, etc.... You talk about dyno sheets (which BTW can mean nothing) and there again, I'm in as well as many others.

When will you let all this bashing Andy/MHP go? It really gets old. Things change and so do people. Give it a rest. The OP asked a simple question and the thread gets high jacked by the MHP haters, really, again??

If you want proven products that lead the drag times track times then go with MHP. They offer ported heads and now cams that work that no one else does. Can we please let all this go and race together??

You can use your builder and tuner and I'll use mine. None of us are doing this for a living. Its a hobby for God's sake. I am more than welcome to race with whomever. Sometimes I'll win and sometimes I won't . I've learned there will always be someone with more money and a faster car!!

Take care and be safe!
I could not agree with you more.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
just an FYI for everyone, I just made a switch to MHP's new tune from the old MHP tune and I must say that I love it in every way. As for Andy not doing tuning? then why is he flying down in 3 weeks to do a custom tune on my car and 3 other cars in California? Sure he may be using a base file from his guy but I think people need to do a little more homework before they start talking carp behind someone who can’t even come here and defend himself due to some childish restriction. The guy has gone above and beyond for me. This is something that you will not get from anyone else... use whoever you want, nothing wrong with that. I just know who I’m sticking with…. It’s funny this whole thing sounds like some kind of a ***** contest for people. Time to grow up kids…. Just go and enjoy the Hobby

Last edited by 4ramin; 02-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.