Sponsored by:

Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Same thing happened to my buddy recently with a 2012 GT-R Black Edition. He put 20k down so they can have one built for him and the dealer promised him he would be getting the car at MSRP. Last month they called him and said they cannot give the car at MSRP even with 20K down and they wanted a 25K markup.
Care to tell me which dealer? PM me if you prefer...
Old 02-08-2012, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Give em hell dood
Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Connel Nissan in Costa Mesa, CA
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Post this in the AMG private lounge and see if they will listen. Hope this helps,

Sheep
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Connel Nissan in Costa Mesa, CA
Noted

I'll run this episode by our STP manager. I'm sure he will have a thought or two on the matter
Old 02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
New 911 Turbo is coming.I love the C63 BS but the 911 matches the M5 and C63 AMG in a 60 sprint with a 3.8L flat 6. Personally, as much as I love the C63 BS, I'd much rather have a P-Car for the money.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:42 PM

A snail...
Jrcart: You won't regret the 4.0 - the very last GT car with the Metzger block, bound to become a classic. Speaking from experience - on my 3rd variant of GT3.

Yes - the BS ordering process has been a debacle. My local GM was 85% - 90% sure of a 2nd car, but MBUSA dropped the ball on him. Then after searching far and wide for an allocation, I finally found one, but was told I couldn't order any of the carbon stuff or the track pack... Excuse me?... Destined to never be an AMG owner. :-P
Old 02-08-2012, 04:54 PM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
Originally Posted by jrcart
I am sure a few of you have already seen my thread on the PL but I want to spread the word.

I have to speak up on my absolute disgust with MB/AMG, MBUSA with their handling of my C63 BS order. I have been working with my dealership MB of Naperville since early October 2011 trying to secure an allocation. I filled out paperwork, lots of paperwork, I gave a $5000 deposit(would have done more if needed), I did everything I was asked. My salesmen and delaership were great in keeping me informed once or twice a week on progress, or lack there of. My dealership begged and begged people at the regional level and national level of MBUSA trying to get updates, info and to secure me an allocation but they could never get a firm answer. Finally a month ago they said they didn't think that the allocation they were promised was going to come through and suggested we try to secure the allocation from their sister dealership MB of Westmont (only about 10 miles up the road). I agreed and told them to go ahead with that. I was told my car was on order and they were changing that car/PO to the exact equipment and color I specified. On Monday of this week I get a call from my salesman saying they we're having trouble with the order, it sounded to me like the sister dealership was getting greedy and wanted to sell the car over MSRP to me or possibly another customer. I was out of the country on a cruise so we played some phone tag but in short my dealer still did not have any build, tracking or PO info on my car from the other dealership. Meanwhile my salesman has since called 6 other dealers across the US with allocations that still looked available on Star Net but all those dealerships wanted $20,000 to $30,000 to purchase the allocation.

WTF Mercedes??? I am a loyal customer that has been trying to get one of these since the day they were announced yet you could not get my dealer an allocation???? I bought my CLK BS from this very same dealer (MB Naperville), I assumed got me one back in 2007 they could get me one now. They also sold an SL65 BS and several SLS's.

Well F you MB and take my order and SHOVE IT!!! I will gladly send my $150k to Stuttgart if you don't want my business. This has been the most difficult car purchase I have ever tried to make. I am not sure what the disconnect is between Germany, MBUSA and the Dealers but somebody somewhere along the line dropped the ball big time. For the record it was not my dealership or salesperson, they kept me informed with calls, texts and e-mails at least a couple times each week, sometimes I recieved daily updates. I saw e-mails that were sent and recieved. I know we are all quick to blame the dealerships in most instances but in this particular instance my dealer was not at fault. Now the other dealers and the ones asking $30,000 over MSRP are an entirely different story.

To add insult to injury I had commitments from a TV show and a magazine to do features on my car after I got the mods comleted, I had big plans for this car and it would have been great publicity for MB/AMG I would imagine, but they screwed themselves there too.

I just thought I would let you guys know how MB/AMG is treating good loyal customrs these days, I bought 4 MB's from them in the past 4 years but i don't think I will be buying anymore.
On my previous thread, my adviser treated me like a S#$% although I bought 6 Mercedes within 7 months. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-service.html I got F@#$ because this idiot adviser. But everything is taking care of now since GM personally apologized to me. I was looking for my 7th Mercedes from the same dealership and they still told me to pay $20,000 over MSRP if I want a C63 BS. Rediculous!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
New 911 Turbo is coming.I love the C63 BS but the 911 matches the M5 and C63 AMG in a 60 sprint with a 3.8L flat 6. Personally, as much as I love the C63 BS, I'd much rather have a P-Car for the money.
+1
The 911 TT will destroy a C63 and M5 especially with the PDK transmission.
I would much rather get a 911TT or GT-R for that kinda money.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
+1
The 911 TT will destroy a C63 and M5 especially with the PDK transmission.
I would much rather get a 911TT or GT-R for that kinda money.
But you can't. A new Turbo S with PDK starts at 160k, and with a few options approaches 200k. It's silly to compare these two cars, with AWD and FI. You might actually have a better argument, dollar for dollar, that the c BS is a better value.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM

A snail...
Originally Posted by GuppyC63
On my previous thread, my adviser treated me like a S#$% although I bought 6 Mercedes within 7 months. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-service.html I got F@#$ because this idiot adviser. But everything is taking care of now since GM personally apologized to me. I was looking for my 7th Mercedes from the same dealership and they still told me to pay $20,000 over MSRP if I want a C63 BS. Rediculous!!!!!!
Hi stranger. That 20k over was a shocker to me - for a repeat customer too. Thanks for helping me ask though (you should know who I am by that). hehehe
Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
150k for a black series!!!!! **** my life. A standard c63 here in aus is 170k!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
I already located one 12 miles from my house and as I mentioned above I can get it for MSRP plus a $1000 hand shake. Granted the Porsche's MSRP is over $200k but so be it.
Even better ... the 4.0 is a great car ... not as practical and comfortable on the street as a C63 BS, but in a different performance category when you take it to the track. Probably the last chance of getting into a N/A high revving engine with all this fuel saving crap going on. The soundtrack it produces at 8200 ... from the intake and exhaust ... is fantastic!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by Even Money
But you can't. A new Turbo S with PDK starts at 160k, and with a few options approaches 200k. It's silly to compare these two cars, with AWD and FI. You might actually have a better argument, dollar for dollar, that the c BS is a better value.
I don't think so. A normal Turbo will do also. Nobody said he has to go with the Turbo S. Hell, A new 991 Carrera S spanks the C63 BS around a the 'Ring. All we're saying is, when you're that high in the price range and you're not quiet at Supercar or Hypercar territory, a Porsche is the way to go.

I dream of the day I get to own a P-Car.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Find a low mile CLK63BS with a CPO on it. Virtually the same car performance wise. Save a bunch of money and not have to play kiss monkey with MBZ. Case in point my 2003 Porsche Turbo with an original MSRP just north of $150k. Picked up 3 years old with 3K on thr clock CPO warranty....$85k. 2009 C63 with an MSRP of just shy of $70k, picked up 1 year old with 8K on the clock CPO warranty .....$52k. It's nice to be the first kid on the block with the newest model, but is it really worth the PIA you have to go through not to mention the money premium.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 02-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 PM

CL500
The new P-car tri-turbo engines will be quite a marvel indeed!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Sorry to hear you had this kind of problems with mbusa.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

Well my point is if you have 130K to spend on a C63BS you can definitely afford a 997TT for 160K. I am in no way comparing these cars. I said for that kind of money (or if I were to spend that kind of money) I would much rather buy a 997TT.
I will however say dollar for dollar, cars like the ZR1/Z06/GTR are definitely worth it.
Don't get me wrong I would love to own a C6BS but I cant justify spending that kind of money on a C. Black series or not.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
^ Fair points. This argument about spending six figures on a c class seems similar to that of buying a "Nissan" GTR. I don't recall if there was the similar type of protest when the CLK BS was first announced, regarding price.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Find a low mile CLK63BS with a CPO on it. Virtually the same car performance wise. Save a bunch of money and not have to play kiss monkey with MBZ. Case in point my 2003 Porsche Turbo with an original MSRP just north of $150k. Picked up 3 years old with 3K on thr clock CPO warranty....$85k. 2009 C63 with an MSRP of just shy of $70k, picked up 1 year old with 8K on the clock CPO warranty .....$52k. It's nice to be the first kid on the block with the newest model, but is it really worth the PIA you have to go through not to mention the money premium.
He bought a very low mileage CLK63 BS a few years ago ... because it was new
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
^ Fair points. This argument about spending six figures on a c class seems similar to that of buying a "Nissan" GTR. I don't recall if there was the similar type of protest when the CLK BS was first announced, regarding price.

There was ... and still is
Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Well my point is if you have 130K to spend on a C63BS you can definitely afford a 997TT for 160K. I am in no way comparing these cars. I said for that kind of money (or if I were to spend that kind of money) I would much rather buy a 997TT.
I will however say dollar for dollar, cars like the ZR1/Z06/GTR are definitely worth it.
Don't get me wrong I would love to own a C6BS but I cant justify spending that kind of money on a C. Black series or not.
There you go. That's exactly what I meant.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Not exactly. The GT-R has the performance to back it up and devastates the likes of the 458,keeps up with a Porsche 997.2TT and even kills the SLS. The C63 BS doesn't really compare to a 997TT as far as nimbleness or quickness goes. That car will spank a BS time and time again. I don't think you can really compare the two debates for that reason.

Summery: With the GT-R you're getting a Supercar for relatively cheap. With the C63 BS you're just getting a C class on steroids.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
There's no doubt the GTR puts up the numbers. But you're really going to compare it to a 458?? Or even the SLS?? If buying cars was a simple exercise in dollar/hp then why are you even driving a "C" class? Go get a gt500. I could have kept my old STi and modded the heck out of it. I could have bought the GTR and slapped a AMS kit on it, but then again, I'm just not interested in AWD and FI.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 AM

amg
I wouldn't touch a 997TT right now.

Not with next gen 991 hitting the showrooms. The new Turbo is just around the corner, with rumored tri-turbo setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order