C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Mbrace Question

Old 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Question Mbrace Question

In order to have MBrace (on a '10/'11 vehicle), did it need to be spec'd as a factory option? Is it a button that is added in the car somewhere?

I realize it's a subscription service, but I wasn't sure if any car could have it "activated".

In my 335, there is an "SOS" button that can be pressed (and the car also detects if it's been in an accident), which connects you to a rep who can send help to your location. That is a subscription fee, but all cars come with that button, so it's just a matter of paying the fee, to activate it.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by ezatnova
In order to have MBrace (on a '10/'11 vehicle), did it need to be spec'd as a factory option? Is it a button that is added in the car somewhere?

I realize it's a subscription service, but I wasn't sure if any car could have it "activated".

In my 335, there is an "SOS" button that can be pressed (and the car also detects if it's been in an accident), which connects you to a rep who can send help to your location. That is a subscription fee, but all cars come with that button, so it's just a matter of paying the fee, to activate it.
MBrace/Teleaid equipped cars have a button just for that feature. If the car was not spec'd from the factory, you will not have the button. I'm sure for a "fee", any dealership would love to charge you for the installation.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Oh ok. Strange it's not a standard button. I like the idea of that safety feature (auto crash alert and response) which I'm assuming it does.

I'd imagine it's some sort of cellular module the car needs too...wonder if it can be purchased and how tough self install would be?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2011 C63 P31 2015 BMW X5M Schwarz Einhorn w/Bootmod3
Originally Posted by ezatnova

Here's an old thread re: TeleAid vs. Mbrace: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...s-teleaid.html