Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Dymags Reward $$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar STR
When it is stuff like this, one of kind almost, it makes tracking it down much easier. I had a very specific turbo stolen once, had custom back plates and when I ground the Ar ratios off the compressor to have it polished I left a few distinctive marks. Found it two years latter on a car at a show, after some discussion found out the guy lived very close to the shop it was stolen from and long story short he decided to return it

Thing is I am sure they have no idea the rims are worthless to them or what they fit. They will most likely show up at some point, not that it dose you any good now.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Trailers, and for that matter, work trucks/vans are easy targets. Much easier to break into then the facilities that they are parked around.

Not that I want to stir trouble for the vender, but was the trailer in the venders parking lot, or just on a public area/street. If it was on the venders lot, their insurance should cover it (assuming they have insurance.. which I cannot imagine they don't). Also, while your own vehicle insurance won't cover it, if you have some sort of comprehensive umbrella policy, that might cover it, hell your home owners insurance might cover it. I have known people (it is really stupid and not worth the premium hike.. but they still do it) to make home owners insurance claims on busted and stolen laptops, that were no where near their properties.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
^ Agreed, I'm surprised what homeowner's policies cover...with a police report you might well be fine. GL!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Exclamation Chicago, IL

I will keep an eye out in Chicago area. Will report if I findout anything.