C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Tire and Rim Package (Warranty)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 AM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by Dogtag114
I bought it also, but mine was bundled with replacing lost keys (2x per year), glass repair and dent removal.
As for cost, I paid $2000 for 5 years of:
Blown Tire Replacement
Rim Replacement (cracks not scuffs)
Lost Key/Remote Replacement
Window Repair
Painless Dent Repair
24 hour Roadside Assistance

The dents and keys threw me over the edge. For just tires and rims, not sure.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by tdotjag
Just placed an order on a 2012 C63 Sedan and the business manager offered me the tire and rim warranty (I can decide up until the day I pick up the car, which will be in late June).
The warranty lasts 5 years and covers any flat tires and cracked or scuffed rims. The catch is that the tires cannot be worn down too much (ie...drive them bald and then come in for replacement when they go flat) and rim damage is mostly only covered when your rims get scuffed/damaged as a result of a popped tire (ie...hit a curb due to loss of control when tire goes flat). The rim coverage will also cover cracks or manaufacturer defects.
I've ordered the OEM 19" multispokes which could have the potential for cracks if i happen to run over a nice sized pothole or unexpected bump in the road.
Cost of the warranty is $1500. Sales guy (who seems trustworthy) seems to think it's the only coverage worth paying for and has clients that have run through 4-5 sets of tires in the past year.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Has anyone here experienced multiple flat tires as a result of poor road conditions, or just the normal wear and tear? Anyone experience cracks in the OEM 19's?

Hey, it is probably mentioned in the thread, but is the insurance being offered by Safeguard? I would double check the fine print on rim damage because the plan I purchased only covered rims that were leaking air. I also purchased this plan at new vehicle purchase from the dealership.

Overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tire/wheel insurance. I've gone through SO many tires and even a few rims so the policy paid for itself rather quickly. Mind you I'm on 17" OEM C300 rims and tires.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 500SL-2002 C230 Coupe-2012 c250 Sedan SOLD-2012 C63 Coupe

Some of you guys using third party warranties?

I'm thinking about getting rid of all of it now, over grand in ext. warranty, tire and wheel and prepaid maintenance. Peace of mind probably isnt worth that much.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
IMHO it's not worth it. The OEM C63 wheels are not so exclusive and rare that it will be impossible to replace. If you damage a rim, reputable wheel repair shops charge about $200 to fix. If the rim is beyond repair I'm sure you'll be able to find a replacement here or on ebay.
The truth of the matter is, the chances that you will damage your rim that it will need replacement is highly unlikely. In all my 20+ years of driving, I've never had any wheel damage so severe that it had to be replaced. Starting with a POS 1989 Mirage, driving like a teenage punk doing burnouts at every light, to a more controlled adult driving C63. I would assume that the stock C63 AMG wheels are more robust than a 1989 Mitsubishi's.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by Thrilla
IMHO it's not worth it. The OEM C63 wheels are not so exclusive and rare that it will be impossible to replace. If you damage a rim, reputable wheel repair shops charge about $200 to fix. If the rim is beyond repair I'm sure you'll be able to find a replacement here or on ebay.
The truth of the matter is, the chances that you will damage your rim that it will need replacement is highly unlikely. In all my 20+ years of driving, I've never had any wheel damage so severe that it had to be replaced. Starting with a POS 1989 Mirage, driving like a teenage punk doing burnouts at every light, to a more controlled adult driving C63. I would assume that the stock C63 AMG wheels are more robust than a 1989 Mitsubishi's.

It's not particularly about rarity or exclusivity of the rims. It is about how much people are willing to pay for "peace of mind". A "highly unlikely" chance of busting a rim may seem on point to some and downright looney to others. Some people, like you, will go 20 years without busting a single rim. Others, like me, will go through two (three?) rims and countless ripped tires. The one time fee of $850 at new vehicle purchase has paid itself off many times over.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 500SL-2002 C230 Coupe-2012 c250 Sedan SOLD-2012 C63 Coupe
Ya I paid 2,650 at purchase thats why I'm getting rid of it.

850 or even a thousand would be fine by me.