Sponsored by:

2012 C63 to replace BMW 335i as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK, future C63 owner
Originally Posted by autopal
Have you had any seat time in the C63? I am so undecided, I too drive a 335i with the M Sport Package, and thinking of switching to the C63. The problem is the dealer does not have a C63 for me to test drive, so I don't know if it will be harsh as a daily driver on our not too smooth city road. Looking for opinions.
The best advice you should follow is just test drive this model before buying. If your dealer doesn't have one - find the different dealer, or find some private owner who is trying to sell such model near your area so you can "use" that person's car to decide on purchasing the new one
Old 03-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, C55 (Sold)
Having driven the 335i and C63 I can say that the 335i has a softer ride than the AMG. Its not much different, though: I think that the 335i has "tires made of wood" when compared to the C63s, maybe since those are RFTs, and that is something to keep in mind. The C63 is pretty comfortable, if you are used to harsh-ride cars: I had a WRX with track-ready TEIN coilovers for 3 years, and that suspension was really bone-jarring!. Passing from the Subbie to the C55, it was like going from sleeping on the floor, to have a proper bed and pillow underneath you. C63 ride feel is not that different from the C55's ride, and it is a very good DD, even riding over bad roads. You need to understand, that in sport cars like these, the suspension will not be 100% plushy. There will be a trade-off, definitively.