Sponsored by:

My Sincere and Deepest Apologies to Weistec Engineering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
There's a LOT more to this story that isn't told.
Weistec is a SOLID reputable company and they would make good if it was the right thing to do. We all need to take Weistec out of the picture and look at the facts. The car ran fine until he got beat. Then all the sudden its not right and someone else has been playing with it.

Call me a fan boy or whatever but I've had nothing but good luck with the MHP products and continue to race a motor with over 30,000 miles on it without touching it inside. I have made hundreds of N/A passes and numerous nitrous passes with the new tuner and now running their new N/A tune with the cams that no one was able to tune previously. Ya'll can complain all you want about Andy or MHP but their cars still hold the top spot on the N/A and power adders board.

I am well aware that when Earl and Jim hit the strip that will probably all change and they deserve it!!!
All I'm saying is that MHP's previous tuners including Techtec were good but the new tuner really knows what he's doing.

Sirex63 - Glad you are okay and good luck with the sale with car in its current condition.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
post the sheets

Here they are, you asked for it and I'm posting. This was Sirex63 dyno numbers with the MHP supercharger tune claiming 740HP. this a dynomaha LPS-3000 and if you know about dyno, you would know that this dyno does not lie:

this is how the car dynoed after Jimmy loaded his own software:

As you can see on both graphs that the torque remained almost unchanged. Only wesitec would be able to get this car to its full potential

Last edited by jacob502; 03-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by jacob502
your still not getting the point. 11.2 were achieved in diffrent tracks. I'm trying to make you understand, you need to get both cars racing at the same time and same track.
BINGO.......and since "you guys" smoke MHP customers all the time , you should be able to set this up and post a video . i am in El Paso , Tx and don't have anyone even close to me with a C63 , much less one tuned by PP . no way i could ever set this up

still want to see those dyno sheets

i'm not calling you a liar because i have nothing against you , but you know that proof is the way to end it all
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

BINGO.......and since "you guys" smoke MHP customers all the time , you should be able to set this up and post a video . i am in El Paso , Tx and don't have anyone even close to me with a C63 , much less one tuned by PP . no way i could ever set this up

still want to see those dyno sheets

i'm not calling you a liar because i have nothing against you , but you know that proof is the way to end it all
dynosheets are above. you made this post a little after I did my friend
Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
loooool. what were yours?. Any more lightweights mods that yo can think of?
I'm not on the forum discrediting anyone? My car is stripped I'd run with no wheels to go faster don't know why my runs are coming up
Old 03-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodger63
I'm not on the forum discrediting anyone? My car is stripped I'd run with no wheels to go faster don't know why my runs are coming up
Mike. I am sorry about that. I have alot of respect for you. In fact, I admire what you do and how you track your car. Ive showed that to you in the past. I wish you all the best in your future runs as I am sure you will be improving. good luck
Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
I think if Sirex63 was totally honest he would tell you there were other changes made(intake and exhaust) to the car before the second dyno was made. Since the retune its also having shift issues. Come on guys, there's a LOT more to this story but the OP won't give all the details.

Too many variables to compare dyno's etc... between tunes and track times. Let Sirex63 work out his problems and not let this thread be a continual argument when all the facts are NOT on the table.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Mike. I am sorry about that. I have alot of respect for you. In fact, I admire what you do and how you track your car. Ive showed that to you in the past. I wish you all the best in your future runs as I am sure you will be improving. good luck
I have zero problem with anyone this is a discussion forum and that is what we do, I run my car. I do anything possible to make it faster I happen to have mhp products on it, it is a selling point for mhp and I'm sure it sells allot cause of Keith petro and myself but that doesn't make me a so called fan boy, I should put s discloser on my sig "results not typical".

But after all that in my opinion mhp still has the best setup that I've seen so far
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I think if Sirex63 was totally honest he would tell you there were other changes made(intake and exhaust) to the car before the second dyno was made. Since the retune its also having shift issues. Come on guys, there's a LOT more to this story but the OP won't give all the details.

Too many variables to compare dyno's etc... between tunes and track times. Let Sirex63 work out his problems and not let this thread be a continual argument when all the facts are NOT on the table.
i figured there was something else behind all this . the way that Jacob made it seem is that the comparison dyno runs were done right after each other .

it all makes sense now.....only Sirex can tell the whole truth
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Banned

Kieth you dont know about the story more than I do. Sirex63 did not change his exhust or intake before the second run. He had the MHP headers and exhust and still has them. He only removed them from his signature so that he would not advertise MHP products. The MHP products are still on his car.

You say the car was runing fine until he got beaten.? if it was runing fine he wouldnt have gotten beaten. his car has weistec supercharger. and 514 on the dyno on a supercharged car is not runing fine.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

i figured there was something else behind all this . the way that Jacob made it seem is that the comparison dyno runs were done right after each other .

it all makes sense now.....only Sirex can tell the whole truth
Actually there is another dyno with the software being loaded the same day that made 575HP. SAME DAY. would you like to see it?

you MHP guys make me laugh.

so now you want to tell me that Exhust and intake mods will jump you from 515 to 600. loooooool

Last edited by jacob502; 03-27-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Hey leave some for me

anyway. It 1:00am here. I need to go to bed. chat with you all tommorrow. good luck everybody
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Regardless of all that the OP has done or been through with the good and bad experiences he is still a Weistec customer! In this case Westic should give their customer the solution and solve his issues, this just would be the turning point where Westic could show everyone here they back there clients all the way. I am sure the OP knows the harm done and wouldn't take it back on Westic in the future.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by dbasons55
Regardless of all that the OP has done or been through with the good and bad experiences he is still a Weistec customer! In this case Westic should give their customer the solution and solve his issues, this just would be the turning point where Westic could show everyone here they back there clients all the way. I am sure the OP knows the harm done and wouldn't take it back on Westic in the future.
from the sounds of things , he is an MHP customer . i'm betting that he didn't buy anything through Weistec directly

even if he did buy the supercharger through Weistec but didn't get them to tune it , and now had others messing with the tune , Weistec doesn't want to be held accountable for anything

i think
Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Kieth you dont know about the story more than I do. Sirex63 did not change his exhust or intake before the second run. He had the MHP headers and exhust and still has them. He only removed them from his signature so that he would not advertise MHP products. The MHP products are still on his car.

You say the car was runing fine until he got beaten.? if it was runing fine he wouldnt have gotten beaten. his car has weistec supercharger. and 514 on the dyno on a supercharged car is not runing fine.
I won't get into a match with you over this. Sirex needs to come clean. He told Andy that he had an exhaust leak and had improperly installed the air boxes and once fixed the power came up. The whole story is over on another AMG forum.

The car shifted fine prior to the tune change. Instead of going to Weistec or MHP once the exhaust and intake were fixed he went to someone else. Now he's having trouble with the tranny and no one wants to touch it.

Why the difficulties with MHP??? Who tuned your brothers SLS?

Can we let this go now?

Last edited by Dads C63; 03-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
There's a LOT more to this story that isn't told.
Weistec is a SOLID reputable company and they would make good if it was the right thing to do. We all need to take Weistec out of the picture and look at the facts. The car ran fine until he got beat. Then all the sudden its not right and someone else has been playing with it.

Call me a fan boy or whatever but I've had nothing but good luck with the MHP products and continue to race a motor with over 30,000 miles on it without touching it inside. I have made hundreds of N/A passes and numerous nitrous passes with the new tuner and now running their new N/A tune with the cams that no one was able to tune previously. Ya'll can complain all you want about Andy or MHP but their cars still hold the top spot on the N/A and power adders board.

I am well aware that when Earl and Jim hit the strip that will probably all change and they deserve it!!!
All I'm saying is that MHP's previous tuners including Techtec were good but the new tuner really knows what he's doing.

Sirex63 - Glad you are okay and good luck with the sale with car in its current condition.
Forgive my questioning but...
You made that many passes with the new tuner...really ?
Didn't you just recently get the car tuned and camed and tested and shipped and so forth?
(too many ands...yes i know its late )

Is it even possible, or is this like your back to the future track date time slips, pun intended...i know bad joke, but well done on that achievement !

Also as for the ''no one could tune for cams previously..''..
why would MHP sell them to customers and state other wise in the first place?

You your self took them out of your own car did you not?
Others did the same, not a nice experience when you are over seas and cash out of pocket

So what i understand is you claim to have had a safe 30,000 miles through Evotech and Techtec tunes, of which you both loved, but yet promoted as MHP. Why do you not promote in their name?

They are after all record breaking tunes you your self ran no?

I really appreciate your contributions and efforts, but you are his poster child and your car is used as a promoter, you have the big fat 3 letters on your rear wind shield for God sake, to assume that you have no vested interest would be...
Most Highly Preposterous..you are a sponsor after all

You have to forgive my dry humor, but i find it hard to swallow that you get nothing out of this

Last edited by Zod; 03-27-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
I won't get into a match with you over this. Sirex needs to come clean. He told Andy that he had an exhaust leak and had improperly installed the air boxes and once fixed the power came up.

The car shifted fine prior to the tune change. Instead of going to Weistec or MHP once the exhaust and intake were fixed he went to someone else. Now he's having trouble with the tranny and no one wants to touch it.

Why the difficulties with MHP??? Who tuned your brothers SLS?

Can we let this go now?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Does sirex63 want to sell his supercharger set up separately??
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Zod
Didn't you just recently get the car tuned and camed and tested and shipped and so forth?

Is it even possible, or is this like your back to the future track date time slips, pun intended...i know bad joke, but well done on that achievement !

Others did the same, not a nice experience when you are over seas and cash out of pocket

So what i understand is you claim to have had a safe 30,000 miles through Evotech and Techtec tunes, of which you both loved, but yet promoted as MHP. Why do you not promote in their name?

I really appreciate your contributions and efforts, but you are his poster child and your car is used as a promoter, you have the big fat 3 letters on your rear wind shield for God sake, to assume that you have no vested interest would be...

You have to forgive my dry humor, but i find it hard to swallow that you get nothing out of this
I have 60+ runs on the new tune and also 60 runs on the new cam tune whats this prove
Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by dbasons55
WTF are you smoking? Weistec includes a tune with blower system they sell, the OP chose to go his own route with another tune, now that the other tune/tunes are not working out he expects Weistec to be at his service and bail him out? Let me guess, you're a democrat, right? People need to learn how to be accountable for their decisions and actions and be prepared to pay the price when things go wrong. As I posted earlier if I was Weistec I wouldn't touch this thing, who knows what kind of damage the motor, blower or drivetrain might have suffered. There are huge risks if Weistec now retunes his car, if the motor pops all people are going to see is that Weistec tuned the car then it popped, would you take that type of risk in whatever line of business you are in?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
Originally Posted by jrcart
who knows what kind of damage the motor, blower or drivetrain might have suffered. There are huge risks if Weistec now retunes his car, if the motor pops all people are going to see is that Weistec tuned the car then it popped, would you take that type of risk in whatever line of business you are in?

This pretty much sums it up. They would be exposing themselves to a huge liability. If there is unseen engine damage and the bottom end lets go after they touch it, then they are on the hook for both their reputation and the bill. Unfortunate situation for both them and the OP to be in.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31
Originally Posted by Zod

from what i understand any one that uses MHP product is a poster and child well if keith's car is promoter because he have every MHP product then my car too ? at least keith broke World record with MHP product
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Here is a link to Weistec's limited warranty, please note that it clearly states tuning as being something that will void the warranty.

http://www.weistec.com/forms/weistecwarranty.pdf
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
^^^
That pretty much sums it up.

OP I hope everything works out for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Sincere and Deepest Apologies to Weistec Engineering