Sponsored by:

Why are ///M Owners so defensive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home the point
Originally Posted by TerpsV2
4. Untill the FI motors are tuned its a crapshoot. Once the tuning wars start it will be clearer which is a "better" car and i think BMW will get the majority of love from tuners.
I suspect that has a lot to do with BMW's advertised reputation of being the "ultimate driving machine".
Old 04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by cptdaz
I suspect that has a lot to do with BMW's advertised reputation of being the "ultimate driving machine".
Yeah, that slogan is used in the States but not here in Germany, wonder why?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM

home the point
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Yeah, that slogan is used in the States but not here in Germany, wonder why?
I see what you did there.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by TerpsV2
Joining the party late but this is my outlook on it. BMW vs. MB will allways have a competitive rivalry. Both side have dbags and fan boys. And there is always a better/faster car

1. 335 vs m3 debate - 335 with tune, exhaust, and suspension can hang with m3 for alot cheaper, but obvious downfalls like reliablity, heatsoak, loud noisy exhaust, hard suspension, and less aggressive stlying. Either is a good choice just what you want at the end.
2. MB vs BMW- I have a 211 E63 and the suspension is SOFT. I will be the first to say the car is a boat and is quick but by no means fast. I was looking at m5's but there as slow(slower) as the e63 but handle slightly better. refined sedans with some power but not a track monster.
3. I personally thing some of the benz owners have some of the worst choices in wheels.
4. Untill the FI motors are tuned its a crapshoot. Once the tuning wars start it will be clearer which is a "better" car and i think BMW will get the majority of love from tuners.

wow, if the m5 is slow to you (0-60; 4.1-4.5 top speed; 204 mph) i dont want to see what you call fast
Old 04-07-2012, 06:48 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by vastermind
this m3 that I see everyday for almost a year changed his plate couple days ago. just to share some lols
there's a lot of M3s in Boston area, most of them being college students. They are always the ones reving engines next to stangs and vettes, and somttimes tuned GTRs and always get murdered.

Some AMG kids here do that too

I've had that time when I first got my C63(even a used) and mock all other performance car but it only lasted for like a week lol. I admire the M3 in all the aspects as a performance car but personally I think it's just too serious and too ambitious as a road car. Yes C63 can't handle for **** but a volcano of torque is all you need in a DD car on the ROAD. The Black Series C just proved that AMG knows how to build a proper car, it's just AMG's trying to use "tire smoke", "big displacement" and "German Muscle Car" to define the brand name just as the BMW M stresses extreme performance as their marketing strategy.

It's all about different tastes, just as Jeremy Clarkson stated in his comparison with the M3 GTS -- "However, I'd still take the Merc. Mostly because it's better on a day-to-day basis, but mainly because, given the choice of what gun I'd like to fire this afternoon, I'd take a big, noisy .50-calibre machine gun over a clean and efficient sniper's rifle any day of the week." best quote ever.
HAHAHA i once seen V8LOL and BMWLOL and M LOL

I owned a M6 and love that car and love M cars . But so do i for AMGs benz. its just like what u feel like eating. I just wanted to eat some AMG for now.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 PM

M3
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Funny my girlfriend always says something similar to that. "BMW drivers are just JDM guys with money."

I personally do not believe that is true but however, it tends to be a growing trend from what I have seen and also lots of BMW owners are Mercedes owners as well. I find that the young BMW owners or even older who are defensive about the car are just people who like to blow smoke and have something to prove. I have seen many times at tracks where a 18 year old has a beautiful M3 or M5 and his previous car was say a modded Civic. Having just stepped up his game he has to prove to eveyone he is not some boy ricer. Therefore I think this where people get the idea that BMW drivers tend to be ricers with money or just have large ego's.
if your gf knows what JDM is then you are defiantly JDM lol. What kind of chick knows that what that means other than a ricers gf.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by TRYYM3
if your gf knows what JDM is then you are defiantly JDM lol. What kind of chick knows that what that means other than a ricers gf.
HAHAHA +1
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM

2011 M3
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
They have a smaller motor complex
It's called displacement envy.

First post here as an M3 owner. I've been a lurking non-member for quite some time. I had a hell of a time deciding between the two cars. I went with the M3 as the "deal" was much better, and I wanted a manual. In retrospect......

Also, for the M3fanboys who talk all about M development and research. I think one company has an F1 team, the other not so much.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20 PM

2020 GLE450
Problem is that you C63 owners just don't know anything about the secret M3 creed. It goes something like this:

This is my M3. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My M3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my M3 is useless. Without my M3, I am useless. I must drive my M3 as fast as possible. I must drive faster than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he catches me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my M3 and myself are the best in the country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.