C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Rust inhibitor module...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 w/APX
Rust inhibitor module...

Does anyone use a rust inhibitor module in their C63? I live in Canada and someone recommended I install one on my SUV (Buick Enclave). It's been almost 2 years and the rotors are still gleaming with no maintenance. My father inlaw has had his bimmer for almost 7 years. He started to notice minimal rust on rotors and installed a module. The rust just vanished after about a week.

When I asked the MB dealer if they offer them, I was told to avoid using them on any MB vehicle. When asked why, she basically told me it tends to mess with battery life and electronics (I can understand battery life, but how could it possibly mess with electronics). I left with no confidence in her answer.

Anyone have any experience with these modules on their benz? In case you don't know what they are...it is a module that plugs in directly to your battery.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
I had one on my Ford pick-up before I sold it. They are notorious rust buckets. I bought it new and it stayed rust free. I keep my stuff outside so it was a good investment.

Not sure about doing it to my MB. Kind of apprehensive.

I hate when someone gives me a BS answer without reason or logic. It pisses me off and insults my intelligence at the same time. Takes everything in me not to be insulting.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Never heard of this.. How does it work ?

Ontario piles the salt on the roards in the winter.. I wouldn't even drive it in the winter.. Just prematurely wrecks your car.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Slight change of topic but couldn't help but add to your comment about people feeding you BS.

I was getting quotes for some detailing work the other day and yer man went "oh its an AMG is it? They have special ceramic paint, tricky job, need special polishing pads/ polishes and waxes, won't be cheap".
Ceramic paint my a*se!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JimmyR
Slight change of topic but couldn't help but add to your comment about people feeding you BS.

I was getting quotes for some detailing work the other day and yer man went "oh its an AMG is it? They have special ceramic paint, tricky job, need special polishing pads/ polishes and waxes, won't be cheap".
Ceramic paint my a*se!!
Actually it's all true!