Sponsored by:

MY NEW C63 COUPE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Honestly I think the tinted lights look cheap and remind me of the days we used to spray paint Honda tails all red/white versus the orange. Either shave altogether, or keep as is IMO.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe. Eurocharged, Charcoal Filters Removed, R-S3 Tires
Originally Posted by Infamouz

Shiiittt, I suppose not everyone calls Canadian Tire - Crappy Tire.
I was just asking which location that Canadian Tire was. It looks familiar; but then again, ALL do...

But good to know otherwise. Have to consider new tires in a few street lights
LOL!!! It's at Rutherford and Jane in Vaughan.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Wow, ur doing donuts/burn-out with ur brand new car.. Is it broken in yet? It looks fun but I would be worry about the transmission. Happy Easter & drive safely!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by NovA_S
I also test drove P31 and the difference is almost not noticeable. Plus as far as I understand you can tune this bist up big time.
First off congrats on the car from a fellow GTA driver! But If you're saying you couldn't notice a difference between stock and P31 you are completely off! I test drove both and the diff was apparent right away! As for tuning you will figure it out from reading the forum as Im sure you already have ideas so getting a nonP31 really isn't that big of a deal. I like the tint on the tails and for those saying it looks childish they are usually 50+ lol.

Great pictures of the burnouts but be careful on the tranny! Mine already has a shifting issue after some hard driving at the track. You might notice the car hold a gear when it could have/shouldve gone up by then. Manual mode or grabbing the paddle fixes this but the break in on the tranny is important. And remember not to put it into S or S+ without the temp above 80!

Nonethelss the colour looks wicked! Be safe and try not to get a stunting ticket since a cop would've clearly given you one if he had seen.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by VaclavSV
First off congrats on the car from a fellow GTA driver! But If you're saying you couldn't notice a difference between stock and P31 you are completely off! I test drove both and the diff was apparent right away! As for tuning you will figure it out from reading the forum as Im sure you already have ideas so getting a nonP31 really isn't that big of a deal. I like the tint on the tails and for those saying it looks childish they are usually 50+ lol.

Great pictures of the burnouts but be careful on the tranny! Mine already has a shifting issue after some hard driving at the track. You might notice the car hold a gear when it could have/shouldve gone up by then. Manual mode or grabbing the paddle fixes this but the break in on the tranny is important. And remember not to put it into S or S+ without the temp above 80!

Nonethelss the colour looks wicked! Be safe and try not to get a stunting ticket since a cop would've clearly given you one if he had seen.
Maybe you right about the P31 because the one I drove had winter tires on it so I'm trying to compare stock with track tires and P31 on winters.

In regards to breaking in time I know and this is the worst part. I know I sound like a child but I couldn't wait... I never did the burne outs on this car before though and this was my first time this weekend. This car has almost 3,000km on it as I was driving it all around for the last month just to break in sooner.

Question for everyone: How many klicks do you need to drive to brake in C63? Do you think 3,000km is enough???
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Ur good to go after 1500km.. Enjoy !
Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
< 1500km no full load operation, no kickdown
Max 4500 rpm ; 85 mph

> 1500km increase load slowly

3000km let her rip, drive safe.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Thank you
Old 04-09-2012, 07:29 PM

Guys, I decided to get Rennteck tuning plus paint the callipers. I got a few quotes. The best one so far I decided to post below for you to give me suggestions on price and what I should or shouldn't do. Maybe you know better way of making this bist even more fun. I am located in Toronto, Canada. Thanks for your advice!!!

ESTIMATE:
Following up with what we spoke about yesterday regarding your C63 AMG I put together some pricing below

As discussed the caliper refinishing would be $1100

The Renntech X pipe would be $2400 plus $360 for the installation.

The Renntech ECU upgrade would be $2200 plus $120 for the removal and reinstallation of the ECU. Generally we overnight the ECU so there is a total of about $100 in shipping charges. In combination with the X pipe you should be at 528HP by their estimates.

Now the LSD is a bit more of a production. The unit doesn’t actually fit in the factory housing so the rear end housing needs to be modified/cleared to accept the LSD. They recommend to actually send the complete rear axle assembly down to them so they can modify it and install the LSD. Then they will ship it back up to us for reinstallation

LSD - $3300
Removal and reinstallation - $950
Renntech Labour for housing modification - $780
Shipping to and from $400
Total - $5430
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys, I decided to get Rennteck tuning plus paint the callipers. I got a few quotes. The best one so far I decided to post below for you to give me suggestions on price and what I should or shouldn't do. Maybe you know better way of making this bist even more fun. I am located in Toronto, Canada. Thanks for your advice!!!

ESTIMATE:
Following up with what we spoke about yesterday regarding your C63 AMG I put together some pricing below

As discussed the caliper refinishing would be $1100

The Renntech X pipe would be $2400 plus $360 for the installation.

The Renntech ECU upgrade would be $2200 plus $120 for the removal and reinstallation of the ECU. Generally we overnight the ECU so there is a total of about $100 in shipping charges. In combination with the X pipe you should be at 528HP by their estimates.

Now the LSD is a bit more of a production. The unit doesn’t actually fit in the factory housing so the rear end housing needs to be modified/cleared to accept the LSD. They recommend to actually send the complete rear axle assembly down to them so they can modify it and install the LSD. Then they will ship it back up to us for reinstallation

LSD - $3300
Removal and reinstallation - $950
Renntech Labour for housing modification - $780
Shipping to and from $400
Total - $5430
You're easily over $10K but thats not bad when you consider APX is $7K. Would they not do a package deal for you and give you some discounts with all this work being done?!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 PM

You're easily over $10K but thats not bad when you consider APX is $7K. Would they not do a package deal for you and give you some discounts with all this work being done?!
I'm sure they will move a little bit. The thing is that I can not afford myself doing it all in one shot as with taxes it's over 12k so I have to do it one by one. What would you begin with?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM

C
get your sidemarkers paint-matched! best choice by far
Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sure they will move a little bit. The thing is that I can not afford myself doing it all in one shot as with taxes it's over 12k so I have to do it one by one. What would you begin with?
You're going to hate me for saying this but Id go with the diff... you'd save money on tires to help spring some of the other stuff since they will last twice as long! Then it would be Exhaust+Tune and finally the Callipers. Thats how I would do it, but by all means only do what you can afford.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by GuOD
get your sidemarkers paint-matched! best choice by far
Do you know any one who does it?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I got mine from evosport... a little pricy (I think $120 for the pair.. but I can't remember) however, they stock the parts so it was really quick. Just call them up tell them the model and colour and you're good to go. I had a problem with mine since they had the 2012 C63 the same as the 2012 C coupe which is a different side marker. Its fixed on their end now.

They sent me the right parts as soon as I called to ask them what was up.
Heres the thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-markers.html
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM

You're going to hate me for saying this but Id go with the diff... you'd save money on tires to help spring some of the other stuff since they will last twice as long! Then it would be Exhaust+Tune and finally the Callipers. Thats how I would do it, but by all means only do what you can afford.
I know this is what everyone suggests me and this is what I want to do first too. Do you know if MB service people will be able to detect the LSD in case if I need to fix my car and use my warranty?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know this is what everyone suggests me and this is what I want to do first too. Do you know if MB service people will be able to detect the LSD in case if I need to fix my car and use my warranty?
They will see it once they get under the car. And Im not sure each dealer is different. I did however have a great conversation with a sales agent and AMG rep from Victoria Star Motors in Waterloo and for them they offer to install custom parts such as an LSD, CF grill/Mirror/Diffuser etc. and they would perform service on the rest of the car under warranty. When I asked well what if something broke and I had a performance mods on the car, would it be under warranty? -and the response I got was they would look to see if the mod cause the damage. In any case they seemed willing, and already have done lots for existing customers. I would suggest speaking to different dealers to find out. Each one is very different LOL.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM

They will see it once they get under the car. And Im not sure each dealer is different. I did however have a great conversation with a sales agent and AMG rep from Victoria Star Motors in Waterloo and for them they offer to install custom parts such as an LSD, CF grill/Mirror/Diffuser etc. and they would perform service on the rest of the car under warranty. When I asked well what if something broke and I had a performance mods on the car, would it be under warranty? -and the response I got was they would look to see if the mod cause the damage. In any case they seemed willing, and already have done lots for existing customers. I would suggest speaking to different dealers to find out. Each one is very different LOL.
Wow this is good news!!! To be honest with you I was driving Audis for years and I know everyone I need to know to orgonize anything I need for Audi but in MB i'm new and I tried talking to quite a few people but I guess to wrong once as they were no help at all!!!

Do you think your guys in Waterloo will deal with their clients only or I can come see them? If you think I can deal with them please PM me the contact info. I appreciate it in any case!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow this is good news!!! To be honest with you I was driving Audis for years and I know everyone I need to know to orgonize anything I need for Audi but in MB i'm new and I tried talking to quite a few people but I guess to wrong once as they were no help at all!!!

Do you think your guys in Waterloo will deal with their clients only or I can come see them? If you think I can deal with them please PM me the contact info. I appreciate it in any case!!!
I bought my car in Barrie, but was only getting an oil changed there since I am in Waterloo for school so Im sure it wouldn't be a problem. It is one of the nicest dealers, if not the nicest Ive ever been too. Plus you'll get to see two Mclarens and plenty of AMGs!

The sales rep who I talked to was a young guy named Dave Grattan -He is very knowledgable!

The Service advisor was Kathy Clark, she's an AMG rep and I couldn't stop talking to her about her experience in the C63 black series! -She was great too.

I initially emailed Wolfgang who is the Service Manager and he got back to me very quickly.

Heres the website... you can find everyones contact info on there! Goodluck!

http://www.victoriastar.mercedes-ben...ex.cfm?id=2782
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM

I bought my car in Barrie, but was only getting an oil changed there since I am in Waterloo for school so Im sure it wouldn't be a problem. It is one of the nicest dealers, if not the nicest Ive ever been too. Plus you'll get to see two Mclarens and plenty of AMGs!

The sales rep who I talked to was a young guy named Dave Grattan -He is very knowledgable!

The Service advisor was Kathy Clark, she's an AMG rep and I couldn't stop talking to her about her experience in the C63 black series! -She was great too.

I initially emailed Wolfgang who is the Service Manager and he got back to me very quickly.

Heres the website... you can find everyones contact info on there! Goodluck!

http://www.victoriastar.mercedes-ben...ex.cfm?id=2782

You are the best!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 AM

C

Yep I had my car painted and side markers painted by pfaff auto works. They did an amazing job on both. I bought an extra set of side markers from dealer to have painted. I highly recommend them!

Http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/20120330143812copy.jpg
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by GuOD
Yep I had my car painted and side markers painted by pfaff auto works. They did an amazing job on both. I bought an extra set of side markers from dealer to have painted. I highly recommend them!

Http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...143812copy.jpg
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by NovA_S; 04-10-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:12 PM

2012 MB C63 Coupe
Nova_S, I'm dead sure I spotted you getting out of your car on Yonge/Empress earlier today. It looked great! Would've honked but I was on the opposite side of the Yonge.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by SL_84
Nova_S, I'm dead sure I spotted you getting out of your car on Yonge/Empress earlier today. It looked great! Would've honked but I was on the opposite side of the Yonge.
Yes, thanks. It was me. I wet to the running room with my friend to look at some stuff. You should come to dyno day at my friend's garage on the 23 of June.
Location: Pur Automotive, 115 Limestone Cr, North York, (416) 754-0591 ‎
Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 AM

2012 MB C63 Coupe
Yes, thanks. It was me. I wet to the running room with my friend to look at some stuff. You should come to dyno day at my friend's garage on the 23 of June.
Location: Pur Automotive, 115 Limestone Cr, North York, (416) 754-0591 ‎
Cool, sounds good, I'll try to make it out!