LOSE CONTROL??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by gthal
Maybe. If you are plowing into a corner (understeering) carrying too much speed then DSC may not be able to do much IMO. DSC can't overcome the laws of physics

Personally, I'm of the belief that relying on DSC too much to save your butt may not always work out well
I had it happen a few times where the DSC(ABS) will apply brakes to one corner of the car and straighting things out for you. But I agree, I'd rather only depend on it as a last resort.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Vie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti G35xs
GET TO KNOW your car

I too, am a true believe, especially in the beginning of know what you are going to try and negotiate and rely on your feel (radio etc off) of the tires and your steeriing wheel/reaction. Relax, as well. A wet huge parking lot (if it can be found without officer Bill) is easier to play with your car. I would turn everything off, but your ABS...lol...and keep your car in manual. I think the suggestion to not push your car into understeer with an itcy foot on the gas. Let it happen naturally from going into the turn, banana curve; whatever you negotiate and light foot on the gas coming out of the turn until you know what your baby. I wouldn't wear driving gloves. Better feel of your wheel, don't you think? Also make sure you take this turns at the apex of the turn. Hitting that right is paramount and turning into the turn with conviction and confidence is important, as well as coming out of the turn with a judicious push on the gas. C63? easy. Hope I made some sense
Old 03-05-2013, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by Vie
I too, am a true believe, especially in the beginning of know what you are going to try and negotiate and rely on your feel (radio etc off) of the tires and your steeriing wheel/reaction. Relax, as well. A wet huge parking lot (if it can be found without officer Bill) is easier to play with your car. I would turn everything off, but your ABS...lol...and keep your car in manual. I think the suggestion to not push your car into understeer with an itcy foot on the gas. Let it happen naturally from going into the turn, banana curve; whatever you negotiate and light foot on the gas coming out of the turn until you know what your baby. I wouldn't wear driving gloves. Better feel of your wheel, don't you think? Also make sure you take this turns at the apex of the turn. Hitting that right is paramount and turning into the turn with conviction and confidence is important, as well as coming out of the turn with a judicious push on the gas. C63? easy. Hope I made some sense
Yes, you and everybody made a WHOLE lot of SENSE
I started this thread about 60 days into owning her...
I was just surfing and came across it, hence I just decided to give a short update? Or just check in with everyone.

That said, I still LOVE her as much as I did the very 1st day I took her home, or maybe even more.. Nothing new done, same stock everything.
Oh, i added the clear side markers and a CF roof spoiler..that's it.

To sum up my UPdate as short as possible, I did eXactly what a few of you suggested telling me to go to an empty lot, turn everything OFF, and get a GOOOD feel for her. I did this for a few consecutive Sundays and WOW, i had NO idea how advanced these BEASTS are, and how effing AWESOME they are!!! (talking about performance)
Not that I go apesh*t all the time on public roads, I feel good about what I can do, and might push a little if the conditions are good.
So again, thanks for all your inputs friends.

On the note of conditions, I live in the Nj/NYC area... and we GOT BOMBED by a few BAD winterstorms, and I got caught (NOT STUCK) in all of them..ON PURPOSE!!! hhahaaha...

Had a set of Dunlop wintersport 3D's from 2009 that were used on my M3.
Found that they fit my C63's wheels PERFECT.
It was ALL history, FUN, FUN, and MORE FUN TRUCKING through the 3-6" of snow/ice on the roads (while passing stuck SUVs)and doing some donuts and snow drifting in the empty unplowed lots as well : )

I posted a few videos on Youtube. Justin spite of the fact of how AMAZING winter tires are and what theyre capable of doing...

Further, Idc who you are, and what skillz you have, if youre rolling in a C63 and get caught in a winter storm w/o wither tires. Forget it.
Pull over, save yourself the time, stress, and frustration. Call Roadside assistance. OR if You DO have winter tires, then go out and have a BLAST!!!
lol...
gnitepeepz...

thanks again
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by ctown113
Yes, you and everybody made a WHOLE lot of SENSE
I started this thread about 60 days into owning her...
I was just surfing and came across it, hence I just decided to give a short update? Or just check in with everyone.

That said, I still LOVE her as much as I did the very 1st day I took her home, or maybe even more.. Nothing new done, same stock everything.
Oh, i added the clear side markers and a CF roof spoiler..that's it.

To sum up my UPdate as short as possible, I did eXactly what a few of you suggested telling me to go to an empty lot, turn everything OFF, and get a GOOOD feel for her. I did this for a few consecutive Sundays and WOW, i had NO idea how advanced these BEASTS are, and how effing AWESOME they are!!! (talking about performance)
Not that I go apesh*t all the time on public roads, I feel good about what I can do, and might push a little if the conditions are good.
So again, thanks for all your inputs friends.

On the note of conditions, I live in the Nj/NYC area... and we GOT BOMBED by a few BAD winterstorms, and I got caught (NOT STUCK) in all of them..ON PURPOSE!!! hhahaaha...

Had a set of Dunlop wintersport 3D's from 2009 that were used on my M3.
Found that they fit my C63's wheels PERFECT.
It was ALL history, FUN, FUN, and MORE FUN TRUCKING through the 3-6" of snow/ice on the roads (while passing stuck SUVs)and doing some donuts and snow drifting in the empty unplowed lots as well : )

I posted a few videos on Youtube. Justin spite of the fact of how AMAZING winter tires are and what theyre capable of doing...

Further, Idc who you are, and what skillz you have, if youre rolling in a C63 and get caught in a winter storm w/o wither tires. Forget it.
Pull over, save yourself the time, stress, and frustration. Call Roadside assistance. OR if You DO have winter tires, then go out and have a BLAST!!!
lol...
gnitepeepz...

thanks again
Glad your enjoying the car and using it for what it was designed for !! One thing I took note of was that you said the c63 was "nose heavy" in comparison to the m3 and while the c63 is a slightly heavier vehicle the 6.2 m156 engine is actually lighter than the 4.0 s65 engine as crazy as that sounds !