C63 amg coupe 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Vie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti G35xs
C63 amg coupe 2013

Just ordered my '63 amg; the bank is now open. pricing comes in June. I down loaded the 2012 car manual and do not understand s s+ c and m and how they relate to the car, tranny and paddle shifters---specifics please. Anyone? thanks in advance.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
Originally Posted by Vie
Just ordered my '63 amg; the bank is now open. pricing comes in June. I down loaded the 2012 car manual and do not understand s s+ c and m and how they relate to the car, tranny and paddle shifters---specifics please. Anyone? thanks in advance.
do more research but, basically it refers to how your engine and tranny reacts to your throttle smashing.
C is comfort - gas saver (oxymoron) - slow reaction - starts at 2nd gear, cruise around mode.
S is for sporty street driving, starts in first, computer shifts at higher rpm.
S+ is recommended for track use. computer shifts at highest rpm (red line)... millisecond shifts (i love to use that word)
M is for manual... you are on your own.
RS is race start mode. for a feeling of euphoria.

The SPORT button is for traction control. default/on, push one time/partial on, push for 3 sec/total off. "hold on for dear life"

oops, congrats on ordering, post pics when you get it.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Vie

infiniti G35xs
another question Izzy

Originally Posted by izzyAMG
do more research but, basically it refers to how your engine and tranny reacts to your throttle smashing.
C is comfort - gas saver (oxymoron) - slow reaction - starts at 2nd gear, cruise around mode.
S+ is recommended for track use. computer shifts at highest rpm (red line)... millisecond shifts (i love to use that word)

The SPORT button is for traction control. default/on, push one time/partial on, push for 3 sec/total off. "hold on for dear life"

then the paddle shifters can only be used in manual? My Infiniti I can use them anytime for a quick rush then the car defaults to regular driving. In the manual mode, the car downshifts when you slow down. The 63 do the same?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
Originally Posted by Vie
then the paddle shifters can only be used in manual? My Infiniti I can use them anytime for a quick rush then the car defaults to regular driving. In the manual mode, the car downshifts when you slow down. The 63 do the same?
no, the paddles can be use anytime but it will react depending on what mode you are in and yes it will downshift on its own back to 1st gear in manual when you stop. If you want to downshift in steps aggressively, you do it manual in sport and sport+ and M. *sigh*. Hey, watch my videos!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Vie

infiniti G35xs
Gotcha....just as I thought

can't wait to hit a banana curve and listen to those tires talking to me! Too bad the tires are not up to snuff on the C63...wider = more fun!!
thanks for taking the time to answer my question...I'll watch your video.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1

Hey Izzy,
how do i get into RS mode??!?! well do i ever want to get into it?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Vie

infiniti G35xs
no, the paddles can be use anytime but it will react depending on what mode you are in and yes it will downshift on its own back to 1st gear in manual when you stop. If you want to downshift in steps aggressively, you do it manual in sport and sport+ and M. *sigh*. Hey, watch my videos!
no offense, but dragging with pickup trucks? crowed streets? where be the ramps at tire talking speeds?
Anyway, I suppose I won't know 'til June exactly what new things, if any, the 2013 c63 will have. I was dying for serious rubber. Even if it were an option, I would purchase 19" with 275s or 285 in the rear. Front, 245 would be mighty nice. A well dressed man needs shoes. A well dressed car does, as well. It has been the weak link with this car, and almost every review said the same. I wonder why Merc [they are usually very responsive] had cotton in their eyes, with this.