Sponsored by:

black series VS. 997 gt3 rs 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A snail...
Originally Posted by rage2
The only Porsche soundtrack that comes close would be the GT3 RS 4.0. I'd rank that exhaust note (especially run up to redline) as a different beast, but equal to the BS in aural entertainment.

Anything else Porsche, especially the turbos, suck for exhaust note. I can't stand how my 911TT sounds at full throttle.

french, if you're looking for a car that makes you feel alive, both the GT3 and the C63 BS will do the trick. Option the C63 BS without the R compound Dunlops and it'll wake you up even more. If you need interior civility for longer trips here and there, the C63 BS is the one to go for. If you plan on spending a significant amount of time at the track, the GT3 will be more rewarding.

I'll be doing a full comparo review of the C63 BS and a 997 GT3 in the next month or 2 once the weather warms up a bit.
It's hard for me to give up both.

Rage is right on - both cars will make you feel alive. Even the 3.8 RS is an aural symphony.

Really depends on what you want. As I said before, BS for daily comfort (+ weekend blasts), can take an extra 2 passengers if need be. GT3 RS for weekend romps and track days.

Good luck!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:02 AM

2009 c63
Thanks fellas!! This has been really helpfull.... So last night I went to look at this 2010 gt3 rs with 20,000km and wasn't inpressed !! It was at a porsche dealer and the car wasn't even washed!! No floor mats!! Couple marks inside the car !! Rock chiips!! And it also made a funny noise when I started it !! I think it was the cultch!! Very smoky as usaul lol... And lots of viberations could of been cuz the car was super low ..... It turned me off !! I can only imagine what this car went through ... I mean I like my cars clean if I'm gunna spend 140... My quest shall go on till I get the call from mercedes and theyt give me a build date ... Until then I will still look at alternative's cuz it aint promised ill get a BLACK
Cheers
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
also consider the maserati stradale
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 AM

2009 c63
Originally Posted by c63edition1
I never even seen one of those in the market up here... Might do sum research... never was a fan of farrari
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM

A snail...
Originally Posted by french
Thanks fellas!! This has been really helpfull.... So last night I went to look at this 2010 gt3 rs with 20,000km and wasn't inpressed !! It was at a porsche dealer and the car wasn't even washed!! No floor mats!! Couple marks inside the car !! Rock chiips!! And it also made a funny noise when I started it !! I think it was the cultch!! Very smoky as usaul lol... And lots of viberations could of been cuz the car was super low ..... It turned me off !! I can only imagine what this car went through ... I mean I like my cars clean if I'm gunna spend 140... My quest shall go on till I get the call from mercedes and theyt give me a build date ... Until then I will still look at alternative's cuz it aint promised ill get a BLACK
Cheers
Rocks chips, marks, etc., no no...

BUT - the funny noise when starting up (like a "kraaak") and the smoke are normal. The kraaak is the crank case or some other mechanism starting up (forgot) and the smoke is just residual oil burning off due to the car sitting too long. Google both, it's well documented on the Porsche forums and perfectly normal. And yes, the car does vibrate a lot, it's as close to a street legal race car as you can get (aside from the Ariel Atom, etc.).

Heck, even the BS smokes up when I start it.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM

A snail...
Originally Posted by c63edition1
Definitely a looker and sounds amazing! Pretty comfortable too. But reliability will be a concern if driven daily and if you thought the AMGs had horrid depreciation, the Maseratis are even worse!