Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by danlnyc
"pacing"

if you were going 80 in a 65 zone, they are trained to "pace" you to determine your speed.
Also distance between two points holds up. Not as well as the laser but the officers word will normally hold up if it goes to court. Meaning... The case wont be dismissed it will just be pled down.

Last edited by propain; 05-19-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Thread title is erroneous. Throw the book? He gave you a careless driving ticket!
Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Get an attorney that specializes in showing what douch bags most cops are when it comes to giving traffic tickets. He was hoping he had you for the invasion robberies or at least a DUI and when that failed he went all
medieval on you. Turning off the road and shutting off your car to make a cell phone call is not evading, but in fact what most vehicle codes require you to do if you don't have a hands free cell phone. Get a copy of his report which will be a pile of self serving bull****. Depending on your state, they usually make you go to a prelim hearing and try to get you to plead no contest and take traffic court. The cop doesn't have to show up for this. Demand a jury trial which he will show up for because the courts schedule each cop's traffic ticket trials together and he gets paid to show up. He won't remember a freaking thing other than what he wrote down and the rookie assistant DA they give this case to will fold if your attorney makes him and the cop look like the idiots that they are. (Last time I got pull over late at nite I called my own house so the answering machine would record the conversation. The cop sounded like a loud mouth cursing idiot and the Judge dismissed entire pile of BS as the jury was clearly offended by his language. ) Failure to have proof of insurance is a "fix it ticket". Failure to have insurance is a one point moving violation in most states and they may impound your car (except in California were they grant you automatic citizenship and enroll you in welfare).

Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Get an attorney that specializes in showing what douch bags most cops are when it comes to giving traffic tickets. He was hoping he had you for the invasion robberies or at least a DUI and when that failed he went all
medieval on you. Turning off the road and shutting off your car to make a cell phone call is not evading, but in fact what most vehicle codes require you to do if you don't have a hands free cell phone. Get a copy of his report which will be a pile of self serving bull****. Depending on your state, they usually make you go to a prelim hearing and try to get you to plead no contest and take traffic court. The cop doesn't have to show up for this. Demand a jury trial which he will show up for because the courts schedule each cop's traffic ticket trials together and he gets paid to show up. He won't remember a freaking thing other than what he wrote down and the rookie assistant DA they give this case to will fold if your attorney makes him and the cop look like the idiots that they are. (Last time I got pull over late at nite I called my own house so the answering machine would record the conversation. The cop sounded like a loud mouth cursing idiot and the Judge dismissed entire pile of BS as the jury was clearly offended by his language. ) Failure to have proof of insurance is a "fix it ticket". Failure to have insurance is a one point moving violation in most states and they may impound your car (except in California were they grant you automatic citizenship and enroll you in welfare).

Lulz.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
you will win this. Fight it. He has no right not letting you speak with your mother.

It funny how the cops always act strong and violent in front of innocent people, but are never there when **** happens, and suddenly cant do all that crap against a real criminal.

That cop deserves to be shot someday
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
(Last time I got pull over late at nite I called my own house so the answering machine would record the conversation. The cop sounded like a loud mouth cursing idiot and the Judge dismissed entire pile of BS as the jury was clearly offended by his language. )
that is a great idea.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

Sorry... but I am calling

I don't know where you live but that state must be bankrupt. Jury trial for a traffic infraction? Best thing I hear in this thread yet.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by jacob502
you will win this. Fight it. He has no right not letting you speak with your mother.

It funny how the cops always act strong and violent in front of innocent people, but are never there when **** happens, and suddenly cant do all that crap against a real criminal.

Deserves to be shot?? Completely unacceptable post. Not surprising coming from you.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Even Money
Deserves to be shot?? Completely unacceptable post. Not surprising coming from you.
Well sir, thats just a figure of speech, you can take it or leave it.

Lets see how loving you feel when you get pulled over the same way.

Last edited by jacob502; 05-20-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Well sir, thats just a figure of speech, you can take it or leave it.

Lets see how loving you feel when you get pulled over the same way.
"Deserves to be shot" isn't a figure of speech, unless you're this guy:

Old 05-20-2012, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
"Deserves to be shot" isn't a figure of speech, unless you're this guy:

Lol.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:25 PM

C63 AMG

I think the real "douche bag" is obvious here... Demand a jury trial?? I doubt it...
Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 PM

C63 AMG

Wow, really? What a classy comment from a low rent individual.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:49 PM

Corvette Z06
State laws are different but here in Texas you can be issued a citation for "unsafe speed" without exceeding the speed limit. Another common citation here is "unsafe start from a stop position".

As far as the insurance, as long as you provide proof to the court of your insurance policy, that one will be dismissed most likely.

And yes, pulling into a parking lot after hours and killing your lights makes you look suspicious. Although not illegal, here in Texas you could have been stopped just on the grounds of the suspicious behavior. It's very easy to articulate especially due to the recent crime in the area as you stated.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:58 PM

Corvette Z06

I don't know what town you live in but I don't remember the last time me nor my idiot cop friends lost a traffic case at city court.

Considering it was just two traffic tickets that the original poster was issued, there won't be a report to go with it. Also, all traffic stops are video/audio recorded as well so we are already one step ahead of you on recording our interaction with you.

Thanks for knowing so much though about a job you have never done.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:50 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
ok, lets start with GET A LAWYER, do not bother us with plans to do anything w/o GETTING A LAWYER, how do you afford a MBZ without the ability to hire one?
A)When his back up left, that might be a sign they think he is stupid
B) If he lost sight of you and it was night, how does he even know you were the car he was initially pursuing
C) Consider yourself lucky, he allowed you to call your momma, he could have just ticketed you for no insurance and towed you
D) they will dismiss the ins ticket with proof you have it
E) no offense but if you are bartender they presume you are an alcoholic or drug user
F) all the court really wants is money, get your lawyer to plead your careless down to a non moving violation, pay your tax so the obamaites can have free cell phones
G) your pulling over to an abandoned area seems suspicious
H) Who cares if he pulled his weapon, your behavior was suspicious
I) Who cares if he talked to your momma, he was investigating a suspiciously behaving guy who appeared to be trying to avoid him

I'm not busting your chops, but this is how it looks in court, get a lawyer, plead the moving to a non moving and move along in life, this isn't a big problem, its one solvable with money, be glad you dont live in the third world where they might have taken you to jail and beat/killed you
Old 05-20-2012, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
ok, lets start with GET A LAWYER, do not bother us with plans to do anything w/o GETTING A LAWYER, how do you afford a MBZ without the ability to hire one?

Because a lawyer will want about 300-500 an hour and ask for a retainer of probably $5000 I would guess. For most who own the C63 thats about 4 maybe 5 months of car payments. Lets not act like the C63 is some super exotic sports car.

A)When his back up left, that might be a sign they think he is stupid

It meant he didn't need backup.

B) If he lost sight of you and it was night, how does he even know you were the car he was initially pursuing

Laughable.

C) Consider yourself lucky, he allowed you to call your momma, he could have just ticketed you for no insurance and towed you

Correct.

D) they will dismiss the ins ticket with proof you have it

Correct.

E) no offense but if you are bartender they presume you are an alcoholic or drug user

How would they know he was a bartender?

F) all the court really wants is money, get your lawyer to plead your careless down to a non moving violation, pay your tax so the obamaites can have free cell phones

You dont need a lawyer for this.

G) your pulling over to an abandoned area seems suspicious

Absolutely. Also seems like he was trying to lose the cop in one of those make a quick right and kill the lights and watch the dumb cop drive by. That only works in the movies 90% of the time unless you really put a lot of distance between you and them.

H) Who cares if he pulled his weapon, your behavior was suspicious

Agreed. He probably didnt though.

I) Who cares if he talked to your momma, he was investigating a suspiciously behaving guy who appeared to be trying to avoid him

This part was silly. He was not under arrest. He is free to move about and do whatever he wants unless he was read his rights and placed under arrest.

I'm not busting your chops, but this is how it looks in court, get a lawyer, plead the moving to a non moving and move along in life, this isn't a big problem, its one solvable with money, be glad you dont live in the third world where they might have taken you to jail and beat/killed you

I agree with some of your points. Others are pretty far off.

No lawyer needed. He is charged with a misdemeanor. There will also be no jury trail for a misdemeanor. That can only happen if you are being charged criminally.

Either way...
Old 05-20-2012, 07:05 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
$300-500 per hour and $5000 seems a ridiculously high amt for a simple traffic ticket, if you had a health problem would you treat yourself? hire a lawyer
p.s. im not a big fan of lawyers but I know how the system works
Old 05-20-2012, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
$300-500 per hour and $5000 seems a ridiculously high amt for a simple traffic ticket, if you had a health problem would you treat yourself? hire a lawyer
p.s. im not a big fan of lawyers but I know how the system works
300-500 is the going rate in NYC. The retainer would be to ensure he gets paid up front before he goes to court. Minimum he is looking at 3-4 hours of lawyer time. Probably 1500-2000. He would get whatever is left over back.

Trust me... so do I. A lawyer for such a simple ticket is a waste of money. It will be easily pled down by the DA's office.

DWI... get a lawyer. DUI... get a lawyer... Gonna lose your license? get a lawyer. Traffic ticket? Save your money.. take a plea.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:08 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
cool., I didnt know things cost so much in the big city, if they are willing to deal without an atty plead it down and move on
Old 05-20-2012, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB

Crazy poster is crazy.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
cool., I didnt know things cost so much in the big city, if they are willing to deal without an atty plead it down and move on
Probably get it cheaper if its a quick plea down. Maybe $500. I was talking about going to trail and pleading not guilty and fighting it.

Its a 2 point $85 fine ticket. His insurance was expired he will have to pay for that even if he shows proof its current unless the judge shows mercy.

From what I understand you can mail in the careless driving ticket. I believe its almost an automatic plea down ticket if you show up. Something with zero points but a bigger fine.

I think the OP is making a giant mountain out of a mole hill. Its a simple every day thing. Hes acting like hes being charged with murder.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:53 PM

M156
OP you can feel better after reading this guy's story.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=407707
Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Damn. If that's not profiling, I don't know what is.

Originally Posted by CZ55
OP you can feel better after reading this guy's story.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=407707

Last edited by CoolBDPhenom03; 05-21-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 63'd
Wow, really? What a classy comment from a low rent individual.
looool. look whos talking about class

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need some serious help - Cop trying to throw the book at me