Stolen Wheels and Tires in Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by otakki
Lucky for you indeed! Are the two bolts that are left across from each other or next to each other? Man, you could have gotten into an accident and get hurt because of those *******s.

By the way, which mall is it?

Maybe I should install those regular wheel locks sold at MB parts for my stock 18" wheels. After all, similar to "club," at least it is somewhat of a deterrant to those thieves who are not well prepared. Moreover, my stock wheels are definitely not as desirable as those HRE's. But then, of course I risk having them breaking my window.

Maybe we can all etch name/number unto the back of the rims. So when someone comes across the rims or signs of filing off the etching, then it's time for serious beat-down and street justice!
I cant remember which bolts broke off - in all 3 on my rear passenger wheel broke and one on the driver rear. Im guessing instead of loosening them - they use something powerful enough to tighten them til they snap. Can u imagine if my wheel popped off while driving home??!

It was at Garden State Plaza - and I was parked inside in the morning. If you have to go - Id suggest parking by the bus stop where there is constant traffic.

As for locks - I have the OEM locks on NOW - I agree, any deterrant is good. Pros can bust a lock - but maybe it was just stupid kids - they may not bother with wheel locks. The way I see it, someone interrupted these guys, whether it be me, security, or other customers. Every second counts. Im planning on getting the Dency Magnet Cap locks also.

Last edited by PatSC23; 05-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by propain
these *****s stole my CF trunk spoiler off my c300 last year.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otakki
I just searched and read that thread of yours. Does anyone know if MB uses the same lug cross model year? For example can the Rimlox wheel lock from current C63 amg stock wheel be used on previous generation C-class amg stock wheel?

I have stock wheels but it's still worthwhile to have locks on them.
I'm not sure about cross MY, but if you have aftermarket rims, you need to indicate if they're ball seat or conical. I believe my HREs are ball seat. The front lugs fit properly, but I had to get the rear ones sent back and machined down a few mm's. Installation is straightforward and I even sent them the left over lugs for them to make into caps.

Here's the info from their website. I think I paid $380 for a set of 4 lugs.

http://rimloxinc.com/

Rimlox is so confident that we can protect your wheels from theft, we are placing a one of a kind 100% guarantee for LIFE to protect your expensive wheels. Our guarantee simply states:

"If your wheels are EVER stolen while our locks are properly installed, Rimlox will purchase a new set of WHEELS AND TIRES for you".
--RIMLOX INC.
We've proudly offered this unprecedented guarantee since 2002 and have NEVER had a set of wheels stolen to date...
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Hey guys--what about tilt sensors on alarm? Didn't a lot of oem alarms (including MB) have them?! How come cars nowadays don't have them? An accurate tilt sensor that can detect fore/aft and side to side tilt will trigger the alarm when the car is jacked or lifted in an attempt to steal the wheels. Of course, it wouldn't prevent damage to the underside in the process of jacking up the car.

I wouldn't be going to Garden State Plaza anymore since I'm now located in midwest. I only went there a couple of times during the six years I lived in NJ. Hmm...I thought that area is still relatively quiet, unlike Newark. It's just hard to know what's going through those people's head.