C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Facelift Passenger side mirror help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Facelift Passenger side mirror help

I just installed a set of facelift side mirrors that I got from Germany and they look great. However, the passenger side mirror does not seem to have the memory function and does not tilt down like my old mirror. Everything else works perfect(power adjusting/folding)

I tried setting it manually by putting the gear in reverse and setting the memory but that did not work as well. Selecting the passenger mirror while reversing also did not do anything. Did I get a defective mirror or is it something else?

The memory function works on the drivers side but not on the passenger side.

Last edited by ms3008; 06-03-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W204 C63 R171
Does your passenger side mirror go up and down correctly... I just installed mine my down is up and up is down only on the passenger side...

My mirror has the reverse feature.

I tried playing around with the wiring and there is nothing i can figure to correct the reversed movement.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
I think mine did not come with the memory feature. I found out that there were a few less wires in the plug as compared to my old mirror.

As a result I had to remove the entire motor/missing wiring from my old mirror and transplant it in the new one. Now it works fine.

If yours already has the reverse feature, then it should work fine for you. Might be a long shot but maybe you can compare the wiring in both connectors to see if they are arranged differently. It seems like the motor sits in only 1 place. If not, you could rotate it to reverse the orientation that that would be an easy fix.