C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Euro tune on a p31

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Euro tune on a p31

Guys, I just got the Euro tune on my 100 % stock p31 2012 c63 and wanted to share my experience.
1) First, Eurocharge customer service has been great.
2) The setup and tuning was very easy and straight forward.
3) Yes, The exhaust does sound a little bit louder after the tune. ( just a little)
4) Yes, You do feel the difference on v3 tune on a p31 package.
I have not dynoed my car to confirm the exact advantages on tuning a p31 package and to rule out the human placebo effect but,
I just got back from beating the hell of my car on every mode ( C, S, S+, M) with stock tune and v3 tune. I can definitely feel a better throttle response and more low end power with the tune. The car just seems more alive witht the tune. What's surprising to me is that between S and S+ I feel the biggest improvement in S mode for some reason. Maybe it's because the stock S+ mode was already so violent and aggressive that I can't tell the improvements on it yet after the tune. Has anyone else tuned the p31 on here yet to give more input about this? I am assuming p31 effects only the higher end power where an aftermarket tune effects power across the entire rpm scale. Am I right in this? In the next couple of weeks, I will keep switching between stock and my Euro tune and give more updates.
Azad
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
derek has done the exact same thing as you have and i think he had it dynoed as well. but, i have not seen him on here in a while.

get yourself some headers so that you can take advantage of that new tune!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:17 AM

C63
Originally Posted by CELLryuu
derek has done the exact same thing as you have and i think he had it dynoed as well. but, i have not seen him on here in a while.

get yourself some headers so that you can take advantage of that new tune!

My next move was going to be removing secondary cats but are you recommending to keep the stock exhaust and just replace headers or get full aftermarket exhaust? I just dont want the car being too loud but i do want to take better advantage of the tune nnd get a little more sound.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
I'm really thinking of doing this to my P31. But I want to see actual gain numbers. If it's 5-10 hp I'll pass.... If it's 20-40HP I'm game!

As for the exhaust.... It will be quieter when you delete the secondary cats and replace with an X-Pipe. What a lot of members here are doing when that happens is delete and replace the resonators with a straight pipe.

Here's my car on cold start. It quiets down after it warms up.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:21 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Rsquad911
I'm really thinking of doing this to my P31. But I want to see actual gain numbers. If it's 5-10 hp I'll pass.... If it's 20-40HP I'm game!

As for the exhaust.... It will be quieter when you delete the secondary cats and replace with an X-Pipe. What a lot of members here are doing when that happens is delete and replace the resonators with a straight pipe.

Here's my car on cold start. It quiets down after it warms up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaD2ObltuM

Does this setup also give you any performance gains or is it just for sound? Does aftermarket headers have the most gains as far as exhaust work goes?
Old 06-10-2012, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AzC63
Does this setup also give you any performance gains or is it just for sound? Does aftermarket headers have the most gains as far as exhaust work goes?
Small gains with X pipe... They say 10-15 hp.

Headers you will get a huge gain. And a BIG gain in sound.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by AzC63
My next move was going to be removing secondary cats but are you recommending to keep the stock exhaust and just replace headers or get full aftermarket exhaust? I just dont want the car being too loud but i do want to take better advantage of the tune nnd get a little more sound.
on my last c63 i had log manifolds by kleemann but if i were to do it agian, i would go for the headers and keep the stock exhaust. the stock exhaust is actually pretty good.

Originally Posted by Rsquad911
Small gains with X pipe... They say 10-15 hp.

Headers you will get a huge gain. And a BIG gain in sound.
and yes. the headers will give you big sound at wide open throttle (wop) but normal driving is tolerable. my p31 is stock. i did get a little tired of the noise after a while and i dont race, so im just going to keep it stock. my opinion. if you want something really fast.....get a porsche turbo. they dont sound great but they have all the power you will need.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CELLryuu
on my last c63 i had log manifolds by kleemann but if i were to do it agian, i would go for the headers and keep the stock exhaust. the stock exhaust is actually pretty good.

and yes. the headers will give you big sound at wide open throttle (wop) but normal driving is tolerable. my p31 is stock. i did get a little tired of the noise after a while and i dont race, so im just going to keep it stock. my opinion. if you want something really fast.....get a porsche turbo. they dont sound great but they have all the power you will need.
LTH equipped C63s are retarded loud especially decatted ones.

I think Porsche turbos with exhaust work sound absolutely incredible!