C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibly Selling C63BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Faraz
Took some great pics of the car tonight, professional published photog did all the work, hope to post as soon as they are up, also we will be taking more detailed shots sunday.

I am 50-50 on the sale of this car, looks like there are not many around.

I may post it on ebay for a higher amount then I first wanted, noting the supply and demand on this car.

I know - I know there will be lots of hate posts, but the white one on ebay fetched 160K ........ less optioned then my car.
There won't be any "Hate Posts" mate.
You've been pretty up front about why you have to sell the car, so you deserve every dollar you can get....Go for it.
Good Luck, Pickles.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 P31
Since you haven't received a deposit, sell it for the most you can get for it! I would only expect someone to be upset if you agreed upon a price, received a deposit, and then backed out.

You're not in it for charity, so we understand. It would have been different if you had bought the car to drive it a thousand miles and then flip it. Even that is fine since it's nobody's business, but you wouldn't have made many friends here!

If you do decide to sell the car, do it now as the initial hype will die out and the prices will start coming down to normal levels. People will start losing interest as soon as there is something new and exciting on the horizon.

No matter what you end up doing, you can feel good about the decision to buy this beautiful machine . Good luck!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
Which eBay one, btw? I've been keeping an eye out and haven't seen one in at least a month. The ones I've seen have been selling for $15k - $25k over MSRP (too much of a premium for my taste).

But yes, I sincerely hope you sell it for as much as possible. It's a sucky state to be in (yours, right now) and it's quite unfortunate. I feel for you. :\

Do what you can, and best of luck with the sale!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
if i win the lottery, ill pay 150k PROMISE :P ... now for the lottery ......
Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM
SPONSOR

C63
I'm surprised this isn't already sold. Right now they are hard to come by.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by Rob@vividracing
Honestly, I'm finding they're not as hard to come by as people tink (I've been actively searching for "the right one" for a little while now, so either through my own digging or through friends pinging me, I'm aware of most of the ones on the market right now). What's turning out to be hard, for me, is finding one not in matte or silver paint and includes the Track & Aero Pkg. Most either have one, not the other, are in Matte or Silver, or have neither of those pkgs.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Honestly, I'm finding they're not as hard to come by as people tink (I've been actively searching for "the right one" for a little while now, so either through my own digging or through friends pinging me, I'm aware of most of the ones on the market right now). What's turning out to be hard, for me, is finding one not in matte or silver paint and includes the Track & Aero Pkg. Most either have one, not the other, are in Matte or Silver, or have neither of those pkgs.
The Track package is easy to install after - the Diff cooler is installed at the VPC when the cars arrive, so you can have the dealer install that at a discount when you do the diff service (thats what I am doing) and you can always order a set of those dunlops from the dealer, so you can swap them in and out, do not think you want to drive around with those dunlop sports on the street (my reason for not getting that)

As for the Aero, I did not get that because those are very fragile elements to have on a car, and I would be too afraid of leaving it anywhere.

I spec'd my car out from scratch, and its exactly what I wanted - the rest of the dealers just ordered their cars standard issue or with however they felt they could sell the car.

-F
Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Here is the first pic.... of many many more to come.....

Old 07-13-2012, 03:55 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by Faraz
The Track package is easy to install after - the Diff cooler is installed at the VPC when the cars arrive, so you can have the dealer install that at a discount when you do the diff service (thats what I am doing) and you can always order a set of those dunlops from the dealer, so you can swap them in and out, do not think you want to drive around with those dunlop sports on the street (my reason for not getting that)

As for the Aero, I did not get that because those are very fragile elements to have on a car, and I would be too afraid of leaving it anywhere.

I spec'd my car out from scratch, and its exactly what I wanted - the rest of the dealers just ordered their cars standard issue or with however they felt they could sell the car.

-F
Hmm. That's good to know. Thanks for the info, Faraz.

Beautiful spec, btw. Seriously, good luck with the sale.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:20 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
That car looks like a beast! but dont u lose money when u sell your car?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Gorgeous picture. Its a beautiful car. My view is that Faraz has been nothing but transparent on this sale also. He knows, I am very interested, we just couldnt come to terms on price. Agree with GrnLantern, I have been following market pretty closely and didnt see anything sell for $160k. Not saying it did or didnt, but just didnt see it. I am aware of a matte black on the west coast, and a white and black on the east coast. All brand new, delivery miles only. All about $15k-20k over original sticker (asking) on each.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:55 PM

Thanks jtrichel - I really enjoy being on this board, there are some very outstanding people on here. I appreciate all your feedback, input, concern, and advice.

-F
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Great looking car and good luck with sale.
I would not wait too long if you are selling over MSRP. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:34 PM

two more.

All rights reserved Delobbo.com Thank you Rasidel for the pictures!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by Rob@vividracing
I thought I read somewhere that MB is bringing in a second batch of C63BS.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Originally Posted by otakki
I thought I read somewhere that MB is bringing in a second batch of C63BS.
It's a run of 150 2013s that were supposed to be Ducati special editions that will now just be C63BS'
Old 07-14-2012, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
I think that's worldwide of 150, with maybe another 25 or so for the U.S.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Even Money
I think that's worldwide of 150, with maybe another 25 or so for the U.S.
I was actually told this by a dealer earlier this week, and I thought that he was smoking something. He told me that there would be additional BS allocations for 2013. He said he had 2 spots and had taken one deposit. I wrote him off, but I may decide to put down my money and wait and see if this truly happens or not...
Old 07-14-2012, 05:22 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by jtrichel
I was actually told this by a dealer earlier this week, and I thought that he was smoking something. He told me that there would be additional BS allocations for 2013. He said he had 2 spots and had taken one deposit. I wrote him off, but I may decide to put down my money and wait and see if this truly happens or not...
That's *really* interesting. When I was on the phone with FJ Newport Beach yesterday, two different sales guys (including the team lead) said no more allocs, period. They're an AMG Performance Center, too, so now I'm unsure who really knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. When I spoke to Smythe in San Jose last weekend, they insisted that Mercedes/AMG doesn't really give dealers a ton of information on allocations, so a lot of dealers have to go fishing if they want to even know anything about what to expect.

Perhaps this means it's true, MB/AMG are releasing more to the US to round out 2012 (MY2013). It wouldn't be the first time they've done this.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:00 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Well...isnt Fletcher Jones the largest volume MB dealer in the U.S.? My guess is that if they say no more, they probably know what they are talking about...
Old 07-14-2012, 08:02 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by jtrichel
Well...isnt Fletcher Jones the largest volume MB dealer in the U.S.? My guess is that if they say no more, they probably know what they are talking about...
They are, indeed. Largest MB and AMG volume. I've had decent experiences with them in the past, but while nothing's been negative, nothing's been warm & fuzzy either.

The only reason I'm doubting them right now is because they just had 2 pop up in their online inventory yesterday. Called them up yesterday only to find out that they're both already sold (they were ordered, inbound, arrived, and contract signed already). Why they'd post them online is beyond me. Hence my doubting them. (Perhaps it's just "hope" that is causing me to doubt them, however.)
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
They are, indeed. Largest MB and AMG volume. I've had decent experiences with them in the past, but while nothing's been negative, nothing's been warm & fuzzy either.

The only reason I'm doubting them right now is because they just had 2 pop up in their online inventory yesterday. Called them up yesterday only to find out that they're both already sold (they were ordered, inbound, arrived, and contract signed already). Why they'd post them online is beyond me. Hence my doubting them. (Perhaps it's just "hope" that is causing me to doubt them, however.)
I had this happen to me. When I ordered mine, it showed up for sale on auto trader and the dealer's website. I was told that when they have cars arrive and are input in their inventory, it auto populates to advertising, or something like that.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:58 AM

SLS
I had this happen to me. When I ordered mine, it showed up for sale on auto trader and the dealer's website. I was told that when they have cars arrive and are input in their inventory, it auto populates to advertising, or something like that.
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. Explains what I've seen happen a few times at other dealerships (specifically a few Porsche dealerships).
Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe

It gets people in to the dealership to see it even if the car isn't actually available for sale... then sell them something that is there. A fairly common marketing approach, especially for a special car that will generate attention.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
The other possible explanation is that they have some kind of auto-feed to their website for inventory... i.e. someone scans a bar code on any incoming car and it automatically appears temporarily in inventory.... and then if cars.com, etc. feeds off that inventory, could be what's happening...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Possibly Selling C63BS