C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, 335i
OP congratulations on the car and hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Any pictures ?

Here's what I would recommend depending on how well you know your insurance agent.
At your age you can try to get the good student discount, also look for occasional operator discount. You may want to considering registering it under your parent's name because it will definitely be cheaper. If you have been with the same insurance company for a long time you may also qualify for a loyalty discount. Also ask the company if they offer any safety courses online or what not that you can take to lower your rate. Allstate had one that I took and it dropped my insurance rate by a few hundred dollars a year.

Insurance companies definitely do not want some young kid driving a $80k car especially since he/she doesn't have much experience with driving. Just look at the accident rate for new drivers and younger drivers, they are gonna charge you a high rate because it will be a very expensive fix for them if you do damage it in anyway.

With that being said, do shop around and stay with reputable and big companies for sure. The hassle involved with saving a few bucks through a not so reputable company just isn't worth it. Enjoy your car and whatever you do, don't get in an accident because at that age it will make your insurance rates go through the roof and make you not want to drive a car again.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
I also have State Farm and pay $106/month for my C63 with a $500 deductible. I'm "allowed" 7500 miles per year, but in my case its not an issue since I have 2 other cars and work is a mile away.

It takes longer to warm up the car than to drive to work.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
If you can't get your dad to be listed as the primary driver and yourself listed on some other, not as nice/older car, then you can PM me if you want the contact info for my insurance broker. He got me good rates on my car, moto, and home owner's policies.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:28 PM

C63
I used to live in Irvine, CA (FBI rated safest city in US for 8th straight year) and State Farm charged me $1006 every 6 months.

I moved to Chicago and still have State Farm, but now pay $554 every 6 months.

WTF?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 PM

c63
what a twisted sense of humor. buy the young son an expensive, fast car. make him pay the outlandish insurance costs
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by _timothy
what a twisted sense of humor. buy the young son an expensive, fast car. make him pay the outlandish insurance costs
haha well, maybe OP is just trying to get an idea on costs... ultimately daddy will still pay for it. insurance and gas costs for such a young fella would be quite high

reminds me of the situation of a person winning an expensive house through a lottery and has to sell it cause they cant pay the upkeep costs
Old 07-10-2012, 05:08 PM

C63 amg
It depends on what state you live in as well in Georgia I pay 82 bucks a month 500 deductible clean driving record at 31 yrs old.