Check Engine Oil-- Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Multani
Hey guys thanks for the input. Took the car to the dealership and they had to put 1.5L in.
Sorry to those who are agitated by posts like mine but people like myself have to learn somewhere. Forums, I believe, are for people to befriend eachother and provide help. Buying a fancy car doesnt mean you must know all aspects, not everyone knows everything.
Good deal! Both my dealers fill the oil to the bottom of the middle mark. I always add another qt to get it to the bottom of the upper mark...if that makes sense.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, BMW 135i
Originally Posted by B3NEJ
Before you claim other people's help and comments are "BS" i suggest you check your facts.

I never said it was gospel what I "thought" was correct, which is why i said "i could be wrong". I was merely trying to offer helpful suggestions to a fellow member.

Your reply had me doubting myself so I just phoned the head mechanic at my local MB dealership (who i happen to know personally) and asked him. He confirmed i was completely right.

When the standard oil light comes on it means you have very low oil pressure or the sensor is faulty, which is bad. He said most modern engines have either gauge or sensor that pre-warn the driver before the critical stage through the cars display "check engine oil level" (or similar).

If you still don't believe me or what MB say. Do a Google search! this is the first page:
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/why-does...-come-on-.html

This is BS too.

You need to get a new ‘Head Mechanic’ and that’s a fact.

Originally Posted by B3NEJ

This is the last time I comment on these matters as i cant be bothered with the replys like this. i am only saying this for "Multani" benefit.

This is the only sensible comment you’ve made.
Don’t offer advice, best you send them to the experts.
Though in your case, not your MB ‘Head Mechanic’.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 coupe
Be interesting for those who have oil usage to tell us how they ran their cars in....

Betcha those that stayed under 4500rpm and light load operation for 1000miles are topping off oil wayyyy more than those who varied revs and load through the rev range from day one (I don't mean full throttle from a standing start to redline all day every day but rather firm acceleration early on to seal those rings)
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
First time same message come up for me I took it to the dealer after a week
They topped up oil for free and told me it needed less than 1.5 litres
Would agree it gives you plenty of warning