C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a '10 C63, time to make it faster. HELP??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot
Does someone have a link to the OE Flash Tuner?
Do they offer customer files for 91 / 93 or 100 octane, that you can switch from?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CL600
How does adding headers affect the warrenty?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Matt47FL
If I do headers I will go with MHP headers, they seem to make the most power the price is about as reasonable as its going to get (still cost way more than the should IMHO).

I talked with Andy today about the headers and how loud they are. Has anyone added resonators to their exhaust to try to quieten it down any? How much louder is the car from the inside during normal driving? He suggested an X-pipe to help quieten the exhaust some but I didnt know how much this would help if any? I personally think any x-pipe makes a car sound raspy and more high-pitched. I have always been an H-pipe fan when it comes to sound I know an xpipe may make another few HP but not a big difference. Doesn anyone have an H-pipe on their car?

Does anyone have cats added to their MHP exhaust? If so did it quieten it down any? I dont really car about the smell from going catless.
I had MHP headers with no cats on my old c 63. I can tell you that cold starts and WOT are brutally loud. A cold start in a parking garage was like dropping a M80 with a serious echo. Normal driving is OK, but crack the throttle above 2K RPM and it's obvious.

If you're worried about the sound level, you need to get the x pipe to replace the secondary cats. I would get it anyway as it will add some hp and smooth out the exhaust note, just a bit.

The stock resonators are basically an H pipe so you already have that.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Hi Dave,

More information about the flash loader can be found here: http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=727
PM sent.

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
Does someone have a link to the OE Flash Tuner?
Do they offer customer files for 91 / 93 or 100 octane, that you can switch from?

Thanks,
Dave