C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Thread With Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Segway
Question Thread With Dyno Numbers

Is there a thread that lists all the available tunes with dyno sheets to back them up? I have the PP and I don't know if it's worth getting a tune so this would help.

Regardless of whether or not I should get a tune it would be good to have something like this if it doesn't exist.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by slfmde
Is there a thread that lists all the available tunes with dyno sheets to back them up? I have the PP and I don't know if it's worth getting a tune so this would help.

Regardless of whether or not I should get a tune it would be good to have something like this if it doesn't exist.

This really isnt something that would have much value. There are different types of dyno's that will give very different numbers. Also there are way to many variables with dyno numbers as well.

Most tunes will give you the same amount of gain in HP/TQ anyhow. How they perform on the track or in the real world is a different story, but even then, way to many variables unless all tunes were done on the same day at the same track. That would be an awesome shootout though!!

and to you other question: No, a tune will not give you much if any gain over your P31.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Segway
Your correct I didn't mention it but I was looking for same car, same dyno testing multiple tunes. Thanks for the info. about the P31.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
I'm going to do the "Pepsi challenge" with my P31 coupe. I'm going to pick up OE's portable tuner from their shop here in LA. My game plan is to load it with EC's tune, Velos, and maybe a couple others. I'm going to spend a day or two on the dyno running each. I also plan on testing them at the strip. Once I have this done I'll post dynos, time slips, and my driving impressions. This will all be done before and after I add headers and a few other things. The only thing the car will have (other than tune) will be wheels and tires.

Like everyone else with a P31 car, I'm curious to see if there is any difference between them.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

I have a P31 car & I will be very interested to see what you can discover.
Thanks, Pickles.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Segway
Awesome Vash that is the comparison Im looking for.