Garage got a new toy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Originally Posted by Pickles
Well, Hello from Oz.
Good to see you're a GTO owner too....great car. We owned an Aussie version...an HSV GTO....same LS2 engine, but we get 19" wheels....we also optioned AP 6 spot brakes, & roof spoiler from Coupe 4. Our car was yellow with yellow leather trim...sold it last year....so, unlike yours, it never shared our garage with the C63.
The GTO is what has made the "rattles" in our C63 noticeable. They're not really BAD, but the GTO, whilst costing half the price, didn't have a single one in 75Ks & 6 yrs of ownership. They are a sensational car....hope you continue to enjoy yours.
We also, like you, have P31 optioned with our C63, together with LSD, 19" multi spokes (comes with P31 in Oz), keyless go & rear blind.
Cheers, Pickles.
Hello Pickles,

HSV GTO is my favorite version. Pretty much top of my list. Too bad GM dropped the ball and decided to import a de-contented Monaro.

I have some HSV bits on the car - mostly collected from dealers on my 4 month trip to Australia. Mostly badges - and floor mats.

MY GTO cost me $25k with 0 miles on the odo, and brand new it was $35k. At 400hp in 2006, it sweeps the floor with tonnes of imports and I am talking abt 06 M3 - C55 AMG - S4 (any year) - S6.

BMW 335/550 Audi S4 are not even in the same league.

Torque is a beautiful addiction.

Unfortunately for Mercedes the interior of a 2004-2006 GTO, is right next to the interior of the 2011 C63.. lol

Some more pics for you.

I have had 44k miles in 6 years of ownership. And never visited the dealer. The car is very very rock Solid.

hopefully the C63 will be ab extension to that experience.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 500SL-2002 C230 Coupe-2012 c250 Sedan SOLD-2012 C63 Coupe
Had a 09 G8 too, thats the reason I ended up paying an extra 30k for 2012 coupe...and the reason the wife approved the extra dough lol.

Awesome handlers, especially the G8 for the money, even before you get into the Pedders suspension stuff. Got mine with 45miles for 23k fully loaded. Too bad all they have is the dull Impala coming back...
Old 08-21-2012, 12:57 PM

your mom
Originally Posted by flomofo
Had a 09 G8 too, thats the reason I ended up paying an extra 30k for 2012 coupe...and the reason the wife approved the extra dough lol.

Awesome handlers, especially the G8 for the money, even before you get into the Pedders suspension stuff. Got mine with 45miles for 23k fully loaded. Too bad all they have is the dull Impala coming back...
G8 is a good car. I passed my chance to buy a GXP version.

Also, the dull impala is not the replacement. 2014 "Performance SS" is the scheduled replacement for the G8.

Will have a have a LSX motor in there too.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Here's a few pictures of our GTO.
Attached Thumbnails Garage got a new toy-imported-photos-00004.jpg   Garage got a new toy-imported-photos-00005.jpg   Garage got a new toy-imported-photos-00008.jpg   Garage got a new toy-imported-photos-00012.jpg   Garage got a new toy-imported-photos-00018.jpg  

Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 PM

If you look closely, you should be able to see the rear Coupe 4 roof spoiler that I had fitted at build....big drama getting that done by HSV, as it was not an "official" option on this model.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 PM

your mom
OMG, so nice. HSV > *.

Pickles, hope you don't mind if I post these pics at the local GTo board?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Amg PP
amazing color combo. Welcome to the club!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by USCGTO
OMG, so nice. HSV > *.

Pickles, hope you don't mind if I post these pics at the local GTO board?
No worries at all....I'd be happy if you did.
We bought it new, and owned it for nearly six years. I am a Life Member of the HSV Owner's Club, and the car was very well known to the members....There are not many with the Yellow leather trim...the car was the VZ GTO featured in an Aussie Book "Monaro Magic", and the author said that of all the cars in the book, and there are hundreds of different "Monaros" going back over 40 yrs, our car would be the one he would want in his garage!
The VZ GTO is the only Coupe with the 6L ls2, earlier versions having the 5.7L LS1....not nearly as good...so yep, we REALLY enjoyed the GTO, it was never an everydayer.....just used for Club Events, weekend/holiday cruising etc....and a super relaxing car to drive....especially with the Auto.
There are a couple of good books on the Monaro....I bought a Couple of very rare, Limited Print leather Bound copies, "Monaro Magic",(basically a comprehensive history of all Monaros (incl U.S.GTOs) going back 40yrs, & "Rebirth Of A Legend", about the "rebirth", after around 25yrs, of the Monaro CV8 in Australia.
These books are not cheap, but they are very rare, if you were interested in either, you could PM me.
Anyway, I'm glad you like your GTO....I've got all the U.S. brochures on your car too..the U.S. made some rippers....Dealer "Prestige" brochures I think they called them! ....All good stuff....I guess I'll sell them too when I find someone who wants them.....because I'm now collecting all I can about AMG etc!!
Cheers, Pickles.