C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Recommended wheel / tire shops in Southern Ontario (GTA)?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Range Rover Sport SC
Recommended wheel / tire shops in Southern Ontario (GTA)?

So guys, for those of you who are in the GTA, what are the recommended wheel / tire shops in the area?

We just moved back from Europe, so I'm not sure if any of the previous ones are still around, or still under the same management as when I may have dealt with them. So I'm looking for recommendations on places to go that are competent in dealing with higher-spec cars (ie, not Canadian Tire).

West end of the GTA is preferred, but I'm not against going for a decent drive to pick up whatever I'm after.

I know I can buy wheels direct from MB...but for those prices, I'd rather buy HRE or something similar.

Initially I'm looking for a couple of sets of rims, probably both in 18s. One a set to use as winters, and one a lightweight set to use as track wheels (so I'm also looking for a shop that may deal with Toyo, Hoosier or Pirelli, for example).

Any recommendations?

Patrick
Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM

C63
try tires23

www.tires23.com is their site
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
if it's tires I would recommend SimplyTire. However I do think their wheel selection is somewhat limited.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Order rims online from the states and grab tires from Simply Tire! - Best deal you can find.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
I've been to tires23, and they were alright. I found the did a good job, but it took a long time.

Pfaff is also a high-quality option, but be ready for a hefty mark-up.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:02 PM

C300
I am a little biased but I own Exclusive wheel and tire in Ajax. If you send me a quick email I can always price some options for you! keith@exclusivewheel.ca
A little bit of a drive from the west end but I am always willing to help out a fellow enthusiast!

Keith
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
I've been to tires23, and they were alright. I found the did a good job, but it took a long time.

Pfaff is also a high-quality option, but be ready for a hefty mark-up.
Speaking of pfaffs markup I had them quote a set of ADV.1s and they were above the retail price given to me by ADV.1 themselves! The guy from ADV.1 said

"Our ADV5.1 1 piece monoblock retails at $**** in a 19" set up with a custom finish. We only can quote retail as we don't sell direct to the public but i'm sure one of our dealers could set you up with a better deal on the pricing. I have cc'd one of our best, most knowledgeable & informative retail dealers on this email. His name is Erik, with Pfaff Tuning which is our exclusive dealer in Ontario."

Well they couldnt give me a better price so I gave up on pfaff. From my knowledge their client base is the type to pay whatever to get what they want so I assume pricing doesnt matter to them much. Must be nice. For me Im young and $1000 makes a HUGE difference. maybe in a few years It wouldnt bother me but right now its tight.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Speaking of pfaffs markup I had them quote a set of ADV.1s and they were above the retail price given to me by ADV.1 themselves! The guy from ADV.1 said

"Our ADV5.1 1 piece monoblock retails at $**** in a 19" set up with a custom finish. We only can quote retail as we don't sell direct to the public but i'm sure one of our dealers could set you up with a better deal on the pricing. I have cc'd one of our best, most knowledgeable & informative retail dealers on this email. His name is Erik, with Pfaff Tuning which is our exclusive dealer in Ontario."

Well they couldnt give me a better price so I gave up on pfaff. From my knowledge their client base is the type to pay whatever to get what they want so I assume pricing doesnt matter to them much. Must be nice. For me Im young and $1000 makes a HUGE difference. maybe in a few years It wouldnt bother me but right now its tight.
I curious what Pfaff quoted ya. Pm me with you don't want to post it here.

As for tire shops I go to AIM in Markham... Tell Steve Pierre sent ya he should take good care of you.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:48 PM

2010 C63
www.inspiredautosport.com best prices and best quality rims....tell him fernando with the white c63 on adv1's sent you....he did my car