Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally bought a Dash Camera!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 amg
In Georgia you have the right to shoot someone down that is breaking into your property, ie house or car.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:48 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Z63amg
Wow there is that much fraud where do you live ?
Well, there was this one in Toronto not too long ago that caused a big stir.

Originally Posted by opala
I have the Blackvue DR400G-HD which is the version before the Season II.

I got the Blackvue over the Finevue because the Blackvue is a little less conspicuous. However, I think the Blackvue may be video quality degradation issues because of heat or sun (or both). Iʻm already starting to see some degradation in some of my recent videos.

Here are some samples in order of earliest made to latest.

Iʻm going to get the Itronics ITB-100HD and move the Blackvue to the rear window.
http://www.dsxuite.com.sg/
You should consider getting units made for the N.A. market. These have warranties, and should cover your cameras problems from deteriorating in quality. I personally like the Finevu. The quality seems better, and they have the largest market share in dash cams. If you buy the ones made for the N.A market, they will cover this sort of stuff!

Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy
If I am following the system correctly this camera is recording at all times? I'd love to see what happens when I'm away from my car, it got keyed once and I felt like someone violated one of my kids.
Here's a video I found from the owner of blackboxmycar.com.
It's of his neighbour throwing garbage at his car. I know that it was a joke, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if this happens all the time!!

Originally Posted by Z63amg
That's sucks that people gotta install that crap in their cars cause of fraud.
Along with protecting your car with these cameras, I think it's still a good idea to have for catching funny clips. Almost all cars in Russia are equipped with these cameras, and they have the best car compilations out there! I have a few clips of people behind and in front of my car checking it out Feels good watching some of that footage at the end of a hard day.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
Anybody ever think that the dash cameras could be used as evidence against you?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Karl901
Same here.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Not a lawyer but I think that's self incrimination. We're protected by the 5th amendment Assuming you're talking about your own dash cam..
Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 AM

Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
That is when testifying . I am no attorney either.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
I got the same one, I got it installed @ The Speed Syndicate!

Actually, the guy that installed mine was named Alex too!

I actually read your post and thought you installed at TSS since I skimmed through your post and just read Alex.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:18 PM

2012 C63 AMG
I told alex that we had some questions here about how to install the cams, and he made us a video! What a nice guy, seriously, lol.

Originally Posted by kowalski
Thanks for all the info guys.
Much oblige.

Is Finevu cr300hd company's latest version camera?
For how long has this one been out on the market?
Has there been any problems reported on this camera as opposed to their other cheaper cameras?
Originally Posted by bluejae
i've got the same one... had it for about 4 months now... hardwired... i use 2 32gb class 10 card... at the end of the day, i'll take the one that was recorded out and put the other 32gb card in... this way i have almost no down time...

crazy thing is... finevu just came out with a new model... and now i want that one... lol

here's a tip... i used some black vinyl that i cut up to black out everything... i covered the chrome bits, all the lettering... it looks a lot more stealth
The new Finevu cr500hd is being released soon. (They did a collaboration with Sony for the camera lens this time, so it'll be without a doubt top of the line!) They haven't started shipping these units out to N.A. yet, but I told Alex from blackboxmycar.com to tell me as soon as he gets some!

I'm interested in buying the new dash cam when it comes out. I asked him about a group buy, and he said if there were enough people interested here, he would host one for us here!

Let me know what you guys think, and I'll let Alex from blackboxmycar.com the amount of people interested and see if we could get a group buy!!!

Last edited by Lawrence2252; 09-24-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
count me in for a cr500hd cam.
thanx mr.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S

Anyone? Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Anyone? Thanks
I am a lawyer, but I don't do any criminal work, only civil stuff. Ostensibly, dash camera footage would be relevant evidence in, say, a motor vehicle accident. The driver would be obligated to produce it as evidence. In Alberta, where I live, the Traffic Safety Act includes a provision that permits statements made to police about accidents NOT to be disclosed. That said, I don't think dash camera footage would qualify for that exemption. There may be an argument against disclosing dash camera footage in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, ie. rules against self incrimination - these would be similar to the American Fifth Amendment rights. However, I have no practical experience with the Charter (the only discussion of those for me dates back to law school days!).

There was an incident in the spring in Canada where a lady died from a paragliding accident. Her pilot was charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly swallowing the memory card with the footage from the accident.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
That is when testifying . I am no attorney either.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you're using the recording to show some transgression, you'd better not be committing anything yourself on that clip.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM

2012 c63 sedan
Originally Posted by Lawrence2252

I'm interested in buying the new dash cam when it comes out. I asked him about a group buy, and he said if there were enough people interested here, he would host one for us here!

Let me know what you guys think, and I'll let Alex from blackboxmycar.com the amount of people interested and see if we could get a group buy!!!
I'm in for group buy and would let Alex install. It was nice meeting and talking with you at car night. Thanks for the update!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 PM

2012 c63 sedan
Originally Posted by Jeffield
I got the same one, I got it installed @ The Speed Syndicate!

Actually, the guy that installed mine was named Alex too!

I actually read your post and thought you installed at TSS since I skimmed through your post and just read Alex.
Interesting in a Vancouver get together? Drinks and pool or bowling or whatever?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Count me in on the group buy for the Finevue CR-500HD.

If you need MPH (or KMH) youʻll need to get the Finevue GPS and Battery kit. This will show the speed and location on the a Google map via Finevue player.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
I am a lawyer, but I don't do any criminal work, only civil stuff. Ostensibly, dash camera footage would be relevant evidence in, say, a motor vehicle accident. The driver would be obligated to produce it as evidence. In Alberta, where I live, the Traffic Safety Act includes a provision that permits statements made to police about accidents NOT to be disclosed. That said, I don't think dash camera footage would qualify for that exemption. There may be an argument against disclosing dash camera footage in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, ie. rules against self incrimination - these would be similar to the American Fifth Amendment rights. However, I have no practical experience with the Charter (the only discussion of those for me dates back to law school days!).

There was an incident in the spring in Canada where a lady died from a paragliding accident. Her pilot was charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly swallowing the memory card with the footage from the accident.
thank you sir!