Sponsored by:

Radio/screen gone crazy ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63AMG Coupe
Radio/screen gone crazy ??

Car has been flawless. Still smiling every mile. However, I drove tonight and immediately into the trip I could not eject the CD(single disc). Then I could not select NAVI or radio. Proceeded to drive and throughout the 30 minute trip the radio cycled on for about 3 mins. , then the screen would go dark and reboot- giving the start-up warning about distracted driving. Then it would repeat the on for 3 mins and reboot sequence. I couldn't select the radio band, nav ,phone or CD with the main silver big knob. However, with the left side steering wheel buttons , I could pull up radio and scroll up the FM band but not go back to CD. Coming home same thing. Volume big knob worked and wheel vol buttons also. Tried backup cam in driveway at house, initially worked , then not again. ..... I just disconnected the Neg battery cable and I;ll let it sit for 30 mins and reconnect.
Have no idea how much I'll have to reset- radio code? Sirius code?
2 weeks old . 2700 mi. since new.
ANy ideas ?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM

C63AMG Coupe
Re-connected battery after 45 min and Command screen is still acting crazy, not responding to the NAV, Tel, or Disc buttons.....It did reboot in Satellite(Serius) mode though and Serius didn't ask for a reset, yet. Nor did the radio itself.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Same thing happened to me. Exactly the same. Dealership couldnt figure it out so took it to another dealership. They fixed it under warranty but without warranty it would of been 7k. The problem was they had to rewire everything because the aux burned a fuse. The first dealership supposidly "put in a new screen" to no avail but they also drove my car for 50 miles which they had to talk to my lawyer about. Got a free oil change and brand new rear tires.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 PM

C63AMG Coupe
Service writer today said he gets a couple a week like mine where the Command goes crazy. Usually just a 45 minute software upgrade does the trick, if not they replace the Command radio gizmo. He said this is throughout the MB line, not just the C63.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM

C63AMG Coupe
Software upgrade failed , New Command unit ordered.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Damn....as mentioned....soooo many electrical issues with '12- and up!? I might not upgrade after all.....