Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just put an x and straight pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63 AMG
FYI - Magnaflow makes a pre-fab x-pipe that can be welded in place of the resonator. I haven't done it but a performance shop I work with use Magnaflow's piece to save time/reduce costs.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Yeah the x pipe I had was from magnaflow. The sound has gotten nicer and louder after a 0-150 on a deserted road, did this twice. Rpm jumps much quicker and downshifts arnt as rough. So, I am no longer disapointed! Time for headers.

Video won't upload, did a rev/driveby. Will be on soon if this stupid computer stops freezing..
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Got two exhaust tickets this week. Its not even louder than stock,well maybe by a tiny but really unoticable bit. Cops want me to prove a 6.2 v8 is loud. Lol?...
Old 12-15-2019, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W219 CLS63
Originally Posted by c63addix
I think it goes like this in term of performance affect:

- x pipe best because both exhaust cross over each other smoothly in X shape (Loses AMG bark, because the effect of crossing each other makes higher pitch exhaust note)

-H pipe not as smooth as X pipe because the flow must make a 90 degree turn to get to each other (Retains AMG bark, because most of the flow continues to flow straight out)

-Straight pipe is probably the loudest and barks like a real angry AMG, but probably not as good for the car since both banks don't connect

I have personally tried going straight first; my car didn't feel slower or maybe it was way too little notice

Now I have xpipe/straight; my car definitely feels a lot smoother in acceleration. Hence, making me feel like it's gotten a bit faster.
I recently replaced (W219 CLS63) the stock resonator to straight pipes (no left-right interconnection), sound became louder and seemed engine revs smoother/quicker on lower rpm; but when rev the right pipe was much more louder than the left pipe (almost no sound from left pipe, yet I can feel the exhaust going out by hand).
Is it necessary to connect the left and right after the cat (the stock W219 CLS63 has a left/right connection on the 2nd cat)? any damage to the engine without resonator connection?

Thanks!