2 House over told me they going to burn my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by boschk
A mouse fart is more than 7dB. That can't be right.
Lmao
I looked it up when I posted it since 2007 that's the law.

http://nycquiethours.com/

And then this
(My car is over 100 maybe close to a jet taking off)
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/pdf/noise_code_guide.pdf

Last edited by mthis; 10-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
LOL!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
A mouse fart is more than 7dB. That can't be right.
it says 7 db over ambient.....

if ambient noise is 60 then you have to be quieter than 67.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Headers on the C63 are obnoxiously loud. No question. Probably the #1 reason why I didnt get them. I was thinking of one of those valve systems to keep it mild while around town or with the wife but I hear they are
crazy expensive.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
I have heard it all!

Now we are talking about MOUSE FARTS
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Sorry for your troubles Hadi.

Couple things to point out, she definitely broke the law by threading to destroy your proportey.

But you also break the law every day when you start your car. I understand the desire for performance, power and aggressive sound. However the simple fact is that your car is LOUD and breaks the laws set in place for noise pollution.

Also no insurance company in the world will cover all the aftermarket parts you have without those parts being listed on the policy. Going that route may get you dropped, but wil defiantly cost you a bloody fortune.

Starting a police investigation may very well lead to you having to alter your car, or at the very least end in a citation for you.

I would be glad this women didn't call the cops, which she is well within her right to do. Dik move, but happens all the time.

Just take the high road, swallow your pride and knock on her door. Let her know that her threats concerned you and that you are interested in resolving the matter maturely.
I bet once she sees how reasonable and mature "the a-hole with the loud Mercedes" is that her complaints will cease. She may even apologize to you for being so rude.

Just a thought......
Or you could just sneak into here house at night and beat her to death with the stock header
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
This is precisely the type of thread I would start if I was about to set my car on fire (or get someone to do it for me) and make an insurance claim.

(Just kidding, Mthis!!)
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
This is precisely the type of thread I would start if I was about to set my car on fire (or get someone to do it for me) and make an insurance claim.

(Just kidding, Mthis!!)
Add to the fact that he is away right now, too. Hmmmm....how convenient. Now we need to figure out a motive. LOL Hagi.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
Add to the fact that he is away right now, too. Hmmmm....how convenient. Now we need to figure out a motive. LOL Hagi.
Black Series?? :P
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
U guys are funny
No way I could throw the match to it. Way to much attachment to the car.
Plus I would lose way more then a arm and a leg since insurance will only pay about 35-38K and sincen new I'm close to 100k car and mods and other gadgets that I bought for it.
For me it's not worth selling or doing something stupid like insurance fraud to get my self a BS and a thought in my head that ill be spending a night with bubba in a cell.
Wide body 15k blower 15k and I have my self a 4 door BS killer.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Worth the wait

Couple things to point out, she definitely broke the law by threading to destroy your proportey.

But you also break the law every day when you start your car. I understand the desire for performance, power and aggressive sound. However the simple fact is that your car is LOUD and breaks the laws set in place for noise pollution.

Also no insurance company in the world will cover all the aftermarket parts you have without those parts being listed on the policy. Going that route may get you dropped, but wil defiantly cost you a bloody fortune.

Starting a police investigation may very well lead to you having to alter your car, or at the very least end in a citation for you.

I would be glad this women didn't call the cops, which she is well within her right to do. Dik move, but happens all the time.

Just take the high road, swallow your pride and knock on her door. Let her know that her threats concerned you and that you are interested in resolving the matter maturely.
I bet once she sees how reasonable and mature "the a-hole with the loud Mercedes" is that her complaints will cease. She may even apologize to you for being so rude.

Just a thought......
Or you could just sneak into here house at night and beat her to death with the stock header
You are 100% rite
If I call the popo I will screw my self more that's why I walked away like I dint hear anything and hope she don't do nothing. Time will tell, time to park her at my business garage
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by SebringSilver

(Just kidding, Mthis!!)
No worries
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM

C63
go file a report
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM

2012 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by propain
Headers on the C63 are obnoxiously loud. No question. Probably the #1 reason why I didnt get them. I was thinking of one of those valve systems to keep it mild while around town or with the wife but I hear they are
crazy expensive.

completely OT.

I just wanted to say your sig makes me laugh so hard I amost drool. I also have to watch it like 3 times every time you post something.

thanks for the laughs.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Worth the wait

Just a thought......
I'm fairly sure that AAA covers anything bolted to the car.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
it says 7 db over ambient.....

if ambient noise is 60 then you have to be quieter than 67.
Now, I can believe that. But, I believe the typical 2 stroke leaf blower or gas lawn more surpasses that.

I live in a neighborhood with people and people are are going to make noise. As long as it's not non-stop, who cares. My neighbor did fireworks the other night at 1am. Yes, it woke me up, but I'm not a douchebag that calls the cops on everything either. It's give/take when you live around others.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Hagi sorry to burst your bubble. But your car is loud! Even when I start my car in front of the garage in the morning my wife tells me why are you making that noise. I tell her I'm just starting it! I could imagine with LTs. Here is a cold start up. Stock exhaust and headers.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Bring her a fruit cake, get on her good side.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Get it on record...the cops won't hassle you on your exhaust....I know I wouldn't...I'd lay into her so bad...Just get it documented....no need to contact insurance right now...Also consider getting a restraining order from the county court against that crazy skank
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Get it on record...the cops won't hassle you on your exhaust....I know I wouldn't...I'd lay into her so bad...Just get it documented....no need to contact insurance right now...Also consider getting a restraining order from the county court against that crazy skank
Holy over-reaction. How do you live around these things called, "people"? Talk about socially inept. Geez, maybe he needs to buy a Barrett 50 cal just in case.

A restraining order to crazy people is like gas is to a fire. You think that piece of paper is going to stop someone that thinks that firebombing a car is justifiable b/c she was audibly irritated?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
empty threats
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Hagi sorry to burst your bubble. But your car is loud! Even when I start my car in front of the garage in the morning my wife tells me why are you making that noise. I tell her I'm just starting it! I could imagine with LTs. Here is a cold start up. Stock exhaust and headers.

How does it feel to say "My Wife". Crazy right? Congrats on the wedding.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Holy over-reaction. How do you live around these things called, "people"? Talk about socially inept. Geez, maybe he needs to buy a Barrett 50 cal just in case.

A restraining order to crazy people is like gas is to a fire. You think that piece of paper is going to stop someone that thinks that firebombing a car is justifiable b/c she was audibly irritated?
The only over-reaction was on that crazy lady's part....serious..light a car on fire because of loud exhaust? Obviously this guy is worried enough to post on here and try and get advice.....if he didn't take it seriously, or didn't think it was AT LEAST a possibility, he wouldn't have done so. RO violations rarely get filed until the restrained party violates it several times, and then the judge gets pissed off....at least that's how I've seen it work...figured this guy should at least be covered and get the ball rolling. At the very least, he could get it documented....I have never met the lady before, so who knows how credible she is....but at least if a report is made, they can check out her contacts/records and see if she really is a nut case.

Just my .02
Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by propain
Because he lives in a place where someone would actually follow through with the threat.

Where are you from?
Brooklyn, Westchester, Long Island.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
Brooklyn, Westchester, Long Island.
Then you should know better.

I am from the Island and Brooklyn as well. Where in Brooklyn are you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 House over told me they going to burn my car