Ecampbells Supercharged M156 at the drag strip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Your attitude makes the offer so tempting. Apparently you want something for nothing.

What exactly is he getting out of it?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
What does he get, the chance to break a record and ride in a car about a second faster than his. Apparently he is so good he thinks he is a rock star and can just show up and drive.

What would I get out of it? A guy offering to drive my car who would take no responsibility for blowing it up if he over rev'd missing a shift. I can get a monkey to do that. He didn't even offer to help look after the logistics. Again, I can get a monkey to do that.

I would rather let the car sit than have this guy touch it.

Last edited by ecampbell; 10-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
What does he get, the chance to break a record and ride in a car about a second faster than his. Apparently he is so good he thinks he is a rock star and can just show up and drive.

What would I get out of it? A guy offering to drive my car who would take no responsibility for blowing it up if he over rev'd missing a shift. I can get a monkey to do that. He didn't even offer to help look after the logistics. Again, I can get a monkey to do that.
I ran a 10.5 almost three years ago on 93 octane. Since when did your car go 9.5? You're late to the game. I've had my share of records and I've driven faster cars than yours. I was just trying to help you out. Get over yourself. It is my event so yes I was expecting to show up and just drive. What was I supposed to expect?

You would get an actual good pass out of it since you have failed to do so on your own. You put a monkey behind the wheel of a 1000HP car and it goes tens, yes you've shown that repeatedly. And cars nowadays have rev limiters, read up on it. Why would I take responsibility for damages done to a car when all i'm doing is driving?

I live in MD, you are going to be in Cali. Why would I offer to help you out with logistics??? Seriously you need to get off your high horse. Money doesn't buy my respect and it obviously didn't buy you brains.

I made you an offer to help you out, you could have just declined instead of mudslinging but as you can see I can do that all day. Thanks for the entertainment. Good luck going nines in your 1000HP car with all the supporting mods. I will be the first to congratulate you and the achievement. Let the car sit, how does that affect me? Loll

Let's not just keep going back and forth. I offered to drive your car for you and you declined. End of story. Good luck

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-08-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
What have I done? I set super stock records in the 90's with a hemi cuda so you are late to the game you pompus idiot.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
What have I done? I set super stock records in the 90's with a hemi cuda so you are late to the game you pompus idiot.
Cool was expecting something this millennium and Benz related
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Ok guys we are on the same team.. earl if you need help getting it to md lmk
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by dodger63
Ok guys we are on the same team.. earl if you need help getting it to md lmk
Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by JamE55
Weistec,

Can you please list the modifications done to Earl's car? I'm guessing it's a stage 3 and then some?
Yes we can!

Here is a link of parts that are on Earl's car.

Weistec M156 Stage 3 Supercharger System

Weistec Forged Internals

Weistec 5-Axis CNC Ported Heads

Weistec ARP Head Studs

SLS Valve Buckets

Weistec722.9 Bullet Proof Transmission

Weistec 722.9 Torque Converter

Weistec Trunk Ice Tank

Brisk Spark Plugs

Quaife Differential

Weistec Carbon Drive Shaft W209

Weistec 1000HP Axles

The car also has CCW race wheels, Custom Exhaust, 6 point roll bar, Recaro Euro Seats, Custom Air Tubes, high boost pulley and belt, and upgraded fuel pumps. Couple small items we might be missing but this is pretty much all of it. Hope this helps!

Guys lets all get along! Lets all have a good time and as Dodger said, we are all on the same team after all!

Weistec Engineering
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

I would rather let the car sit than have this guy touch it.
Maybe send it to the crusher?

Its all good, but I know how he drives and if he did and it makes it down the track I bet he could get the job done. Hes a good driver and a good guy. Maybe cut him a little bit of slack?

Its an auto dude, over rev and missing a shift? Worst thing that will happen is it bounces off the rev limiter. Unless you installed a manual... now those misshifts are disastrous.

Hope you can make MIR and set the record yourself. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
You question my driving abilities when you have no idea what I have done. Rather than admitting that perhaps I know how to drive your response is some drivel about a millenium?

You and i are not on the same team. You gave what i consider to be a very sarcastic offer and that is why I responded the way I did. If you had of been even half way serious you would have sent me a pm rather than publically posting a krap offer of driving with no responsibility.

Dodger thanks for the offer but as this is this guys event, I have no real interest in attending.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
S a
You question my driving abilities when you have no idea what I have done. Rather than admitting that perhaps I know how to drive your response is some drivel about a millenium?

You and i are not on the same team. You gave what i consider to be a very sarcastic offer and that is why I responded the way I did. If you had of been even half way serious you would have sent me a pm rather than publically posting a krap offer of driving with no responsibility.

Dodger thanks for the offer but as this is this guys event, I have no real interest in attending.
Earl, you are obviously a smart guy and understand that internet make people act funny. As i know blackbenz well hes prob one of the nicest guys youll meet in here im sure everything started with sonewhat good intentions, if there is a chance u can make this event do it we are actually very good guys that all share similiar intrests! Like i said if i can help get the car here please lmk
Old 10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy

Relax man. Ok you can drive.

My offer was genuine to drive. Not sure why you thought it was sarcastic. I'm not one to kiss Someones ***. And anybody that will drive Someones car and assume responsibility for damages is not very smart. You never know what can let go, breaking is part of racing. I wouldn't break it on purpose and have never broken someone elses car but I was covering my bases. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Trust me I don't gain anything from you going or not going to the event besides seeing a Badass car run but you are welcome to attend.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-08-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by propain
Maybe send it to the crusher?

Its all good, but I know how he drives and if he did and it makes it down the track I bet he could get the job done. Hes a good driver and a good guy. Maybe cut him a little bit of slack?

Its an auto dude, over rev and missing a shift? Worst thing that will happen is it bounces off the rev limiter. Unless you installed a manual... now those misshifts are disastrous.

Hope you can make MIR and set the record yourself. Good luck.
S a

Earl, you are obviously a smart guy and understand that internet make people act funny. As i know blackbenz well hes prob one of the nicest guys youll meet in here im sure everything started with sonewhat good intentions, if there is a chance u can make this event do it we are actually very good guys that all share similiar intrests! Like i said if i can help get the car here please lmk
thanks guys sometimes I get carried away lol
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Those are some crazy times.. I will be attending MIR and would love to see this car run!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
S a

Earl, you are obviously a smart guy and understand that internet make people act funny.
I don't normally get between these personality matches but I have to agree there. Prose sometimes doesn't relay the true intent/meaning. Remember the BSing that went on between you and JrCart when you first posted about your Hennesey CLK BS? Look at you guys now. The last time I saw you two together, you guys seemed to have a mutual respect for each other.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Has this car ever dropped belts?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
nope
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
How has your kits been holding up??
Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I think that was jrcarts car
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Nice times ecampbell
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Weistec
Yes we can!

Here is a link of parts that are on Earl's car.

Weistec M156 Stage 3 Supercharger System

Weistec Forged Internals

Weistec 5-Axis CNC Ported Heads

Weistec ARP Head Studs

SLS Valve Buckets

Weistec722.9 Bullet Proof Transmission

Weistec 722.9 Torque Converter

Weistec Trunk Ice Tank

Brisk Spark Plugs

Quaife Differential

Weistec Carbon Drive Shaft W209

Weistec 1000HP Axles

The car also has CCW race wheels, Custom Exhaust, 6 point roll bar, Recaro Euro Seats, Custom Air Tubes, high boost pulley and belt, and upgraded fuel pumps. Couple small items we might be missing but this is pretty much all of it. Hope this helps!

Guys lets all get along! Lets all have a good time and as Dodger said, we are all on the same team after all!

Weistec Engineering
That's some serious list there. So the car as it sits now is somewhere around 1,000hp fly?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
blackbenzz,

Here is my public apology.

Having a bad hair day and I took your post the wrong way.

All the best

Earl
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
blackbenzz,

All the best

Earl
No worries Earl. Things get misinterpreted and taken the wrong way online. I apologize for the things I said as well. Good luck on your quest for nines. I'm sure you can do it.

Ahmad
Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
blackbenzz,

All the best

Earl
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
No worries Earl. Things get misinterpreted and taken the wrong way online. I apologize for the things I said as well. Good luck on your quest for nines. I'm sure you can do it.

Ahmad
Group hug!!

Sorry, I just needed a laugh today. Glad to see everyone can play in the same sandbox and share the shovels.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Any vids yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ecampbells Supercharged M156 at the drag strip