C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that left Mich PSS & Conti 3 or 5......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Hey jordan,

I run V12s now and had PSS as well. PSS are definitely superior but you pay a premium for it. They are nice and grippy. However, I'm pretty content with my v12s actually... great price and all around decent tire. As for the rain... lets be honest here.. we drive a 451 hp rwd car with tons of torque... i dont care what tire you have; if you are hvy with the gas pedal, you will slide and especially in the rain haha... however... to give you some idea, I'm driving my c63 with v12s now ... in the rain and wind with that hurricane sandy nearby lol...

the v12s will be solid for you if you are not really tracking and pretty much drive your c63 to get to places.

btw, i posted in that houston thread... lets see that rear shot of your car you were so defensive about lol
Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Fung63
Hey jordan,

I run V12s now and had PSS as well. PSS are definitely superior but you pay a premium for it. They are nice and grippy. However, I'm pretty content with my v12s actually... great price and all around decent tire. As for the rain... lets be honest here.. we drive a 451 hp rwd car with tons of torque... i dont care what tire you have; if you are hvy with the gas pedal, you will slide and especially in the rain haha... however... to give you some idea, I'm driving my c63 with v12s now ... in the rain and wind with that hurricane sandy nearby lol...

the v12s will be solid for you if you are not really tracking and pretty much drive your c63 to get to places.
Thanks!! This was exactly the kind of feedback I wanted. I do not know why it took 2 pages and 25 posts'. I have been looking at the v12's, as well. The 2 rears of the Hankook are about the price of 1 PSS/Conti/Pirelli. That was the only reason I have been looking at them. I have dedicated track tires/wheels, so that's not an issue. I will be doing dry, hot daily driving with the new set of rubber.

P.S.
btw, i posted in that houston thread... lets see that rear shot of your car you were so defensive about lol
I know you are just jabbing me now, but I was making a point. ALthough, my JLMotoring is nice, it doesn't compare to your Vorsteiner But I like it.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
So basically what you're REALLY looking for is affirmation and nobody's opinion on the subject really mattered because, in fact, you aren't retarded but blind. MANY other people (including me) have already told you the same thing that Fung63 said in this thread. Either you didn't bother to read which kind of defeats the purpose of you asking for help in the first place or you're blind.

Sorry if I'm being a DICK but you sound like an entitled brat. Now go get some Hancock RS-3s and put us all out of our misery.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Thanks!! This was exactly the kind of feedback I wanted. I do not know why it took 2 pages and 25 posts'. I have been looking at the v12's, as well. The 2 rears of the Hankook are about the price of 1 PSS/Conti/Pirelli. That was the only reason I have been looking at them. I have dedicated track tires/wheels, so that's not an issue. I will be doing dry, hot daily driving with the new set of rubber.

P.S.

I know you are just jabbing me now, but I was making a point. ALthough, my JLMotoring is nice, it doesn't compare to your Vorsteiner But I like it.
Originally Posted by derspi
So basically what you're REALLY looking for is affirmation and nobody's opinion on the subject really mattered because, in fact, you aren't retarded but blind. MANY other people (including me) have already told you the same thing that Fung63 said in this thread. Either you didn't bother to read which kind of defeats the purpose of you asking for help in the first place or you're blind.

Sorry if I'm being a DICK but you sound like an entitled brat. Now go get some Hancock RS-3s and put us all out of our misery.
F@CK OFF!!!!!! Look above and you are the moron that has some beef. As I said before, you do NOT have to respond. If you would READ, we were talking about the V12's. It is so important for you to respond. Why? If you are in misery, don't look or reply to the thread. It is that simple. You could have moved on, instead of stalking the thread, waiting to spew your hatred. For it is you who are a c@nt of a brat. A mature person, who is sick of this, would ignore it. But, you keep checking the thread, I presume just to harass me. Or is it that you actually WANT the same info?? And you read through the thread. You certainly did not voice the same experience as fung did. No one has addressed the info that I wanted, until now. And an "entitled brat"? Why don't you look up what entitled means and try to apply it to this thread and my responses. It makes no sense! I am thinking now that you are just unintelligent. You clearly have issues and there is no place for that on a forum that is based on us helping each other out.

I am truly sorry that you own a C63.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
derspi-

Search me on this forum. You will see that in all 230 of my post's, I have been nothing but gracious and helpful. I have met a great group of guys, some of whom I am now friends with. Also, I have tried, to the best of my knowledge, to share and help out my "brother's" here. Some people and post's have annoyed me and like an adult, I let it pass and refrained from name calling or dissecting how ignorant they are. That is called being an adult, not an entitled brat, which again is just so out of context and improperly used. It takes an ignorant fellow to continue like you have. I am done with the bashing of you. I am just trying to make a point that if you don't like something, keep it to yourself and let it pass. Go on with other threads or topics. You have been putting yourself through your own "misery".

Good day...............and get some help.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
I was going to edit and delete, but I will let the record of my frustration towards you stand.

To myself: I am truly sorry that I even engaged in this banter with you. I apologize to MYSELF, not you. I am above and better than that.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by bhamg
I don't recall anything here on the S3 but there's been plenty of discussion about the V12. The consensus is that it's a reasonable value but a pretty average performing tire. Search it...

Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
I had Hankook Ventus v12's on my E55 ( I know you're looking for C63 response, but my E55 had nearly 700TQ) two sets before I sold it. Comparing them to Conti contact pro DW's they wouldnt hook unless it was 75-85 degrees outside. Cold weather they couldnt hook and 90+ degrees they would slip all to hell. It was a good thing I live in California and my temps stayed around 75-85 degrees 75% of the time.
All in all I believe they are a good bang for the buck tire, but I wouldnt use them if I planned to track the car or had crap weather.

Switched from the Hankook Ventus V12s to Michelin PSS just this past summer and difference is night & day. While the V12s are undeniably cheap & a decent value, they simply don't stack up in terms of performance & handling confidence when compared to other tires and especially the PSS. Granted, they are quite a bit cheaper but I guess that's where the extra $ goes.

I considered the RS-3s briefly but we get considerable rain and despite my penchant for all out performance, I steered away from them as I prefer my C63 to ride a bit smoother so I went with the PSS.

Hey jordan,

Yeah, no help at all I see. What I do notice is no more responses after you chastised us for offering info and help that is DIRECTLY related to your question. I care about your posting history about as much as I care for you as a person - which isn't much on a public forum. I just call it like it is.

Thusly, you are 1 of 4 things:

1) blind
2) retarded/stupid
3) an entitled brat
4) all of the above

I rest my case.

With the attitude and name calling you've displayed here, good luck trying to get help in the future.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
[Cropped BS]
With the attitude and name calling you've displayed here, good luck trying to get help in the future.
I would help him in the future, at any time, if I can.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Me too

This thread just got out of control
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Sure, but he may not ruv u for it considering you keep going on and on and on about your Sears experience!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Yeah, no help at all I see. What I do notice is no more responses after you chastised us for offering info and help that is DIRECTLY related to your question. I care about your posting history about as much as I care for you as a person - which isn't much on a public forum. I just call it like it is.

Thusly, you are 1 of 4 things:

1) blind
2) retarded/stupid
3) an entitled brat
4) all of the above

I rest my case.

I am ON and already HAVE PSS & Conti. I never chastised, until you reared your head. And still until fung, no one else read, including you. I wanted info from people that LEFT those tires for Hankook. Not what temp they would hook up at, or how superior PSS are compared to(I know, I am on them), or cold weather, or driving style, or in the wet. Or even price point. Let the thread go and stay out of it. You clearly fall into the 4 point category. Dumb. They did not address my topic, done. Get a life. You are clearly disturbed and need some guidance. Please, seek help. And, I'm sure that I will continue to get help and guidance in other areas.

Peace. Out!!
Banned

'16 C63-S
Sure, but he may not ruv u for it considering you keep going on and on and on about your Sears experience!
Who are you again?
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
yes he is definitely 'Guilty' of that
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
yes he is definitely 'Guilty' of that
Sneaky guilty, all legal
Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Asking about Hankook tires, period. That's it. But I'm done. It seems useless, as I'm trying to get help from my brothers' here, but no one cares to read or respond directly to the question at hand.

Thanks.
Well, my PSS are completely gone now. Need to get tires tomorrow. Didn't get any real useful feedback from anyone running RS3, that CAME FROM PSS or Conti so I will wait tonight and hopefully get some feedback.

Not about how good PSS are. I know, I was just on them.
Not about how Conti is great, I've had them.

I need anyone that went FROM PSS/Conti to Hankook.

Anyone??

Surely someone. "And stop calling me Shirley."
I don't want to take any side, but just want to share my opinion. When you start a new thread with a question, members are trying to share their experiences the best they can although they cannot answer your exact question. You don't have to take it too personally & get frustrated when it goes off topic a bit.

Honestly, I was going to give you my experience with my Hankook tires, but after reading the whole thread & with the 2 comments you posted... I will refrain from doing so cuz I feel bad for those who posted here trying to help you.

I never owned PSS before buying my V12, but this should be irrelevant in all honesty. V12 owners are sharing their experiences with this tire brand... you should be able to make your own judgement.

Good luck with your final choice of tires!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Jordan, you sound disgusted and irritated with some members responses, right from the get go. I don't know you, or how you have "behaved" in the past, but when I first started reading this, you came off like the help people were trying to give was insulting you somehow. I get it that you feel people didn't answer your question EXACTLY as you were asking it, but give everyone a break. There's lots to read here and people were contributing as best they can. You could have appreciated the effort and KINDLY restated the help you wanted. Reading the thread objectively, you sound like you are chastising well intentioned members. Just my observation and opinion.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Jordan, you sound disgusted and irritated with some members responses, right from the get go. I don't know you, or how you have "behaved" in the past, but when I first started reading this, you came off like the help people were trying to give was insulting you somehow. I get it that you feel people didn't answer your question EXACTLY as you were asking it, but give everyone a break. There's lots to read here and people were contributing as best they can. You could have appreciated the effort and KINDLY restated the help you wanted. Reading the thread objectively, you sound like you are chastising well intentioned members. Just my observation and opinion.

No, no, no.

I am not bitter or aggressive!!

For the record, I APPRECIATE all the input that you guys have shared. I apologize if I came off brash. Not my intention. I am a straight forward analytical guy and just felt I wasn't getting propper responses. So, again, did not mean to offend. I just wanted specific help about the issues I wanted to tackle. Guys, thank you very much. I have gleamed some insight from several of you, and for that, THANK YOU!!! Some of the input I got was irrelevant, some was helpful. You guys rock and I am so glad that this forum is here. I was never angry or chastising anyone. Just frustrated.

Thanks again to everyone and I'm sorry if my intentions and specifics were misread. Not my intention. I want to extend this to everyone.

Thanks guys!! You all helped out, except for that c@nt derspi.

You guys rock!!! And, I have made my choice.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:02 PM

2009 C63
^
Yeah sure and now you can go f uck yourself.

Fung63 and I were the only 2 people that gave you the most specific info on the subject matter but you're too stupid to notice that.

And it's c unt, you moron - most people don't read hieroglyphics.

Last edited by derspi; 11-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.