Sponsored by:

Transmission Problems - Car Jolts and Delays in Shifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I wish I had known about it while you were still under warranty so my SA could have taken a crack at it. He's a driving and car enthusiast...I'm sure he would have thought it would be unacceptable to return the car to you in this state, even if it took a new transmission to fix it.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG & RR
Shoot me his details, I'd rather get a second look from someone you trust and knows what he's doing than to give it to the same people that didn't fix it in the first place.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
^ When we hook up next we'll stop by the store for you to meet and speak with him.

edit: I see you put the splitters on. Did you have them molded in? They look good in body color.

Last edited by bhamg; 12-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Merc63
Please retract your statement. Looks like I was correct. Op is out of warranty, good luck getting anything covered. Should have left the car their while under coverage, the onus is on the owner to be satisfied with the repairs when you pick up the car and bring it back if not fixed.
Ok Merc, no disrespect. Let's discuss. I'm going off of the goodwill, and customer support that I have personally dealt with and know of, as far as warranty work is involved to cars and their respective timelines: There is a fine line, albeit ambiguous, as to warranty work and issues of this caliber as well as documented work history. Skycap had already presented this issue to the dealership. The issue has been noted and addressed and worked on, YET not remedied. In this instance, it is upon the customer to place warranted and justified pressure on the dealer to re-address the issue that was not repaired, even though it reared its ugly head OUTSIDE the warranty timeline. There is a "statue of limitation", so to speak. This timeline is in favor of Skycap, due to the attention he has given the car. The timeline is in favor of Skycap as well due to the fact that this is the same issue the car has been having, and WAS NOT REPAIRED. The customer is presenting again with this issue in a reasonable time frame. Not years out of warranty.

IN ADDITION, the drivers driving habits are recorded in the computer, wear and tear is obvious on the car, as well as Skycap's documented efforts and attention to the cars issues.

Skycap, these things may be fought for, and depending on how you present your case (in the form of letters and sit-downs with the manager) you may be able to make them understand that this issue was intrinsic, just waiting to appear again.

I am for holding Mercedes-Benz accountable.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 12-04-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Dude, take it to Serge at Benzworks in Huntington Beach, I know its kinda far from you but I think its gonna be worth it...He used to be an AMG Tech Guy at MB Penske West Covina and his the owner/mechanic at Benzworks...http://benz-works.com/
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Then perhaps Skycap should take one last crack at with his dealer to have it done on a goodwill basis...maybe initiated by an attorney's letter. But what would those service guys do that they haven't already?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
It's good to see old buddies still have my back in this situation, including you ZephyrAMG. Thank you guys So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. I've gotten all my service records organized and saved. I haven't used the "Legal Action" card yet so to speak. The purpose of this post was to see if some of you seasoned professionals could shed some light on the topic at hand and to see whether anyone here was experiencing similar problems.

I will take it to Benzworks or any other place close to the San Fernando valley but not just to anyone. I want to figure out what's missing in the equation and then take it back to the dealer to kindly request they fix it due to the fact it's fresh out of warranty and the issues weren't addressed properly in the first place. If then they deny it, that's a different story. I think that would be the smart way of approaching this situation but if you guys disagree, I'm all for reading your opinions.

The car has been in service 18+ times in 4 years. So I completely understand where you're coming from Zephyr. I even met someone recently that's experiencing the same issues with his 10' C63.

Side Note - What happened to that old M156 Class Action?

Last edited by Merc-Skycap; 12-05-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
18 times in 4 years!! Great Odin's raven!!

Maybe this car was a lemon candidate...I've seen it once before on this forum.

Maybe you need to contact MBUSA and ask them how they intend to get it fixed, as the dealer you have been going to appears to be incompetent.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Even Money
18 times in 4 years!! Great Odin's raven!!

Maybe this car was a lemon candidate...I've seen it once before on this forum.

Maybe you need to contact MBUSA and ask them how they intend to get it fixed, as the dealer you have been going to appears to be incompetent.
EXACTLY!!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
EXACTLY!!
I'm with both of these guys. Technically, the issue is unresolved and as long as MB knows about it and tried to fix it, it should still be covered since it really isn't fixed. Push them first before you drop another $ from your own pocket.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't read all of the posts. Are you tuned? I recently had a new tune and I have a jerk/hesitation during the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts at 4k RPM in S and M (when I do a 4k shift). Haven't tested 3-4 due to high speeds. Had new tune after service earlier this year (unrelated to trans at that time and batt disconnected) to pass smog becuase rear sensors are turned off. New tune started to exhibit these issues. Took it back to have trans looked at and all adaptives reset and trans is fine. Tech thinks it is the tune. Car has 7700 miles now. Will need to send ECU back to Kleemann.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
I didn't read all of the posts. Are you tuned? I recently had a new tune and I have a jerk/hesitation during the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts at 4k RPM in S and M (when I do a 4k shift). Haven't tested 3-4 due to high speeds. Had new tune after service earlier this year (unrelated to trans at that time and batt disconnected) to pass smog becuase rear sensors are turned off. New tune started to exhibit these issues. Took it back to have trans looked at and all adaptives reset and trans is fine. Tech thinks it is the tune. Car has 7700 miles now. Will need to send ECU back to Kleemann.
I love it! An '09 with 7K miles LOLOL....true definition of garage queen...Sin you are my hero

But on a serious note, this tune stuff is starting to bother me. Show me one person with an aftermarket tune that HAS NOT experienced some kind of check engine light, transmission issue, electrical issue, etc...what the heck is going on.
It's just not looking kosher...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 12-06-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I love it! An '09 with 7K miles LOLOL....true definition of garage queen...Sin you are my hero

But on a serious note, this tune stuff is starting to bother me. Show me one person with an aftermarket tune that HAS NOT experienced some kind of check engine light, transmission issue, electrical issue, etc...what the heck is going on.
It's just looking kosher...
Well that would be me...but being RENNTech I paid through the nose for that privilege.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Did you keep your cats?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
And the good thing about that is it'll take Sin 20+ years before he reaches the start of the mileage window for head bolt failure!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
@Sincity, no mine isn't tuned. Frankly stayed away from tunes just to avoid any problems lol. Should have tuned it considering where I'm at now.

I'll keep you all posted here on what transpires. As always let me know if you have any further suggestions, thanks for all the help guys.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM

E 63 AMG
You have no idea what you are talking about. At least provide some positive info...

+60000...take your car to the dealer, very calmly say, "Remember when I came in with the transmission problem? Well, what repairs you did has not fixed it. Please repair the issue."

It is their obligation to continue to service the car given that you had emerged with this issue under warranty. Be stern and aggressive, yet professional and calm. Don't rack your brain as to what it could be. Let them figure it out...I am most certain it's your clutch packs. They haven't ever seated right and and worn down...
They are correct, my AMG E63 is in the dealer now for an issue thats prob TC or tranny related but its under fact warr. When i said my concern is they say the noise i hear is norm then when its not under warr it breaks and Im screwed. The servce mngr said that since its in the computer if something broke related to what i was talking about out of warr that because it was noted on file when car was under warr they would fix it at their cost not mine. That said I asked that they put that in writing and have the service manager and SA sign that statement. Ill let you know if they do. In the meantime I just hope they can get to the issue with my car since its been with them as much as I have had it here in the 3 months Ive owned it. Good luck.

Last edited by tdeyulia; 12-11-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by tdeyulia
They are correct, my AMG E63 is in the dealer now for an issue thats prob TC or tranny related but its under fact warr. When i said my concern is they say the noise i hear is norm then when its not under warr it breaks and Im screwed. The servce mngr said that since its in the computer if something broke related to what i was talking about out of warr that because it was noted on file when car was under warr they would fix it at their cost not mine. That said I asked that they put that in writing and have the service manager and SA sign that statement. Ill let you know if they do. In the meantime I just hope they can get to the issue with my car since its been with them as much as I have had it here in the 3 months Ive owned it. Good luck.
I'm glad that worked out you bro.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Originally Posted by tdeyulia
Did they take care of it in the end tydeyulia? Let me know, thanks.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Status Update: Car is going to be looked at by the Service Director at a local dealership. Should they be able to re-create the issues mentioned, they'll have no choice but to fix them as the transmission was serviced many times under warranty. Everyone gave the usual run around that many others have stated here but I'm hoping the Service Director does us all a favor and authorizes the repairs. If they refuse to fix the car then legal action will be the next option. I am exhausting and documenting all options possible to have this resolved so that I have a more solid foot to stand on should I have to pursue legal action. I have learned much in a short amount of time and will keep you guys updated if you'd like. If there is any further information that you guys like to share that I could possibly benefit from, please share it with me here.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hope you get the the bottom of it.

Zephyr & BHAMG: I'm driving it at least 3x a week now since I switched the plates on my 190e to "Classic Vehicle" which requires me to drive less than 5k a year to be exempt from smog checks.

Last edited by Sincity; 01-14-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Did you keep your cats?
Kleemann K2 cats and MBH X.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hope you get the the bottom of it.

Zephyr & BHAMG: I'm driving it at least 3x a week now since I switched the plates on my 190e to "Classic Vehicle" which requires me to drive less than 5k a year to be exempt from smog checks.
I'm so proud of you man....baby steps...hang in there and be gentle. How many miles now? What were your mods again...?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
Status Update: Car is going to be looked at by the Service Director at a local dealership. Should they be able to re-create the issues mentioned, they'll have no choice but to fix them as the transmission was serviced many times under warranty. Everyone gave the usual run around that many others have stated here but I'm hoping the Service Director does us all a favor and authorizes the repairs. If they refuse to fix the car then legal action will be the next option. I am exhausting and documenting all options possible to have this resolved so that I have a more solid foot to stand on should I have to pursue legal action. I have learned much in a short amount of time and will keep you guys updated if you'd like. If there is any further information that you guys like to share that I could possibly benefit from, please share it with me here.
I would just like to mention that I was right all along and IT IS their responsibility to fix the car given that it was brought in for that same issue several times under warranty. Just need to poke them in the *** a little to get them to man up. Glad the wheels are rolling to get some results...
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Drove the car home from work today in Sport Mode with ESP in Sport setting and jerking reduced when accelerating (didn't try hard acceleration yet) but car was still fumbling for the gear when slowing down and it lagged from 3-2 or 2-1, not entirely sure. It's really strange and seems as if the car can't make up it's mind about it's symptom. Is there something I'm missing, like a Brain to understand what's going on? lol <-Don't flame, it was a joke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Transmission Problems - Car Jolts and Delays in Shifts