Sponsored by:

Piano Black Interior trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Dealership would never spend the $ to get a one-off trim made. Either your eyes were deceiving you or if it was listed online, it was listed incorrectly. Black ash is an option, but never on a C63 in the US has piano black trim been an option 2008-2012. The only exception would be if it's so new to 2013 that the build site hasnt been updated.
Hmm... I dunno. Maybe the dealer was wrong? I just remember asking him if they changed the CF since the panels looked different and that's when he told me its piano black and not CF on the dash and such. Hmm. But either way I guess it's irrelevant now. hah. But thanks for the info at least I know better now and that it is not offered in the US in a normal order.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Aresh
i have the piano black center console trim and i love it. I had full CF on my previosu M3 and didnt think of piano black until i got my c63. It goes well with the aluminum trim. love it
Hi Aresh! Good to know that they compliment each other! Btw how did you like the full CF on your previous M3? I love the idea but I don't know if I will feel like I OD'ed on CF every time I get into the car. hah.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pickles
Black Ash is the standard C63 trim in Aus, but that doesn't include the console area around the auto shifter which is in Piano black....very shiny, & yes, it does show marks, but it's no big deal.....it looks OK, but I wouldn't want it in the rest of the car..door trims etc.
Cheers, Pickles.
Hah yea I don't know if it was one of those sporadic I like it now type of deals but I can kind of see that getting overwhelming. Especially since I am OCD about fingerprints and such. I would probably have to have my passengers and myself wear gloves every time we get into and out of the car to ensure no fingerprints
Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by jordanaf
Hey-

Do not worry about your mom and her eye roll or her saying, "NO!" If you switch out the interior package at AMG, when you pick your car up, it shouldn't cost your anything. Unless of course you ask for some wild custom job. As long as you stick to the factory pieces, you should be fine.

I know you have a lot going on right now and shouldn't be worrying about this. Just keep this in the back of your mind and above all else, you will find out when you get to the factory to take delivery. Fantasize now, but you will see reality later!! Either way, you will come home, eventually, with a dope ride!!!!!!!!!!
Hah well I kinda worry because she is an asian mom and they can get... oh how can I say this nicely... hyper? haha. But yea that would be cool if I can find factory pieces out there that are not offered here and have it installed and switched at no cost. Btw do you know if this will extend delivery time? And if so by how much?

Hah yea... I am taking a break from my 20 page and 10 page papers (they're separate). But the worst is over. I finished my finals in neuroscience and biochemistry today. hah. Yea it's hard to keep this in the back of my mind and you are right my time will come eventually. But again so hard to stay on task. Sometimes I wish I was slightly more girly and a little less gear head so this wouldn't be as painful. But no my last two searches on google are satin wraps and radar detectors. True story. FML.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hi! Yea I was thinking of wrapping CF in the end if I really ended up wanting it but both of you present very valid and good points. And thank goodness it won't be here for a while so I have some time to chew over this and convince if needed. BTW xxGenericSNxx how much better would you say the quality of the OEM is? And dboutros have you seen the MAcarbon kit in person by chance? Just curious to know how it stands up against your OEM CF. Thanks for these suggestions it adds to the list of things I can think of until my car gets here. hah.

*Oh and I forgot to add... thanks dboutros for uploading an example pic of the piano black in the center console
I have a DCTMS kit and I really can't notice any quality difference unless I'm analysing it very closely. Sort of along the same lines as looking at a car for dents. If you actively look for them, you'll maybe find one or two very small ones. The same goes for the carbon. It looks very nice but if I look really closely I'll see a small imperfection here and there. But then again, the same may be said for OEM too which may or may not have imperfections.

Don't waste your time and money with wrap. I hate it so much- it doesn't even look like carbon fiber. It's just a sticker.