Sponsored by:

Right hand drive and Media Interface Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W463 G63, W213 E63S, W204 C63
Right hand drive and Media Interface Plus

Has anyone here with a RHD C63 installed the media interface plus?

I just noticed that in our cars the plug for the interface is on the right side of the glovebox ceiling against the wall, and the plug for the media interface comes out at a right angle and cannot fit without bending the wire at an extreme angle...

Wondering if anyone has found a solution to this other than cutting a hole in the side of the glovebox?

Cheers!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Will go and have a look and report back but I have (RHD) 2010 model and I dont recall anything funky with the socket in the glovebox.
Maybe they changed it on later models?? Or maybe it is added at the end of production and someone at the factory stuck your socket in a bad spot??
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 AM

E63S
Just had a look at my connector for you. The socket is in the "roof" of the glove compartment. It is slightly behind that little grey ventilation dial thing, and up next to the centre console side of the glove compartment. When connected the cable points vertically downwards, just in front of the edge of that little shelf in the glove compartment. Doesnt look like the cable needs to bend/kink much at all
Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 AM

Thanks for the response, let me figure out how to post photos on here to show you what I mean.

JimmyR, you are correct, its in the roof behind the vent, but my media interface plus connector looks like this in the attached photo.

So you can see this is designed for a LHD vehicle, where as our socket is on the right side of the glovebox, and its really tight. I dont think this cable is fibre optic, so Im not too worried. Have it installed and is working fine, just thought to be on the safe side.

Cheers
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 AM

E63S
Completely different set up to mine. I just have a single cable (in fact a choice of cables depending on what you wish to connect) all fitting "vertically" into the socket in the glovebox rather than the 90 deg right angle type fitting and then straight into the device (in my case I use iPod). I certainly do not have anything resembling that box thing in your photo
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM

Ah, that box in the photo is the media interface "plus" it allows bluetooth audio streaming from your phone to the media interface.

You're right about the media interface, the regular connection is just straight down.