Sponsored by:

Noob electronics Navi/ Radio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Noob electronics Navi/ Radio?

Hey guys! I recently got a 09 C63 and was wondering if there was an update available for the Navi screen and radio controls. If so what benefits does it have and is it worth it?I'm in Central Jersey and would really want to avoid the dealer at all cost.

Thanks again guys! Sorry for the duplicate thread, but I couldn't seem to find my anwser.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Complain to your service assistant at the dealer that your iPod connector is giving you trouble of being too low at the volume and insist that it should be covered under warranty.

Mention to the SA that you heard this issue can be solved by flashing a most recent firmware of the COMAND system(not the Navigation Map Package, that one's not covered by warranty and you definitely need to pay for a current map update) because in the audio control of the new firmware, there's this "Volume Boost" option.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
oh btw, the firmware flash takes a long time, almost a whole day long. So you definitely have to leave the car there during the day.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e60 535i
Sorry to bring this thread back to life but have a question about this update. Will this enable viewing ipod song information on the Nav screen rather than the the instrument cluster?

I"m looking to purchase a c63 and the 09 that I'm looking at only seems to display the Ipod song info in the cluster.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 310 Likes on 199 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by Glockz
Sorry to bring this thread back to life but have a question about this update. Will this enable viewing ipod song information on the Nav screen rather than the the instrument cluster?

I"m looking to purchase a c63 and the 09 that I'm looking at only seems to display the Ipod song info in the cluster.

Thanks!
it doesnt have the comand it only has audio 20.

as to the original post. If your comand works just fine then dont bother. It fixes little dumb bugs and glitches mostly with the phone system. It has nothing to do with updating the navigation maps at all, that is a separate item and they run around 200$