NEED HELP!! Dash Board lit up like Christmas Tree

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
NEED HELP!! Dash Board lit up like Christmas Tree

Long story short, I made a bad decision this past friday to take my car out of the garage to run a quick errand. I realized the mistake only after traveling a half mile from my house. The whole car was sliding at 10 miles an hour. I made the decision to return home....that's where the issue starts. My driveway has a slight incline to it and there was about 1-2 inches of snow on the ground. I tried to reverse slowly with a gentle nudge on the gas peddle, but I was only able to make it 15 feet into the driveway before I lost all momentum and started sliding forward. I got annoyed and tried to give it more gas to no success. My traction control was blinking the whole time. The last and final time I tried this, my dash lit up like a christmas tree and I lost power steering.

The screen on the dash told me to consult my owners manual. Anyone have any ideas what happened?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
I have had this happen before in the snow. It has only happened to me when I have the traction control off and I'm sliding around corners. It pops up and says "ABS and ESC Currently Unavailable, See Operator's Manual" correct? If so, this goes away after a short period of time, and I called Mercedes and they said it is nothing to worry about. Seems a bit sketchy to me.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by noXor
I have had this happen before in the snow. It has only happened to me when I have the traction control off and I'm sliding around corners. It pops up and says "ABS and ESC Currently Unavailable, See Operator's Manual" correct? If so, this goes away after a short period of time, and I called Mercedes and they said it is nothing to worry about. Seems a bit sketchy to me.
Yup, that's exactly what it shows on my display "ABS and ESC Currently Unavailable, See Operator's Manual". I had it in C-mode and full traction on. I also lost power steering, which was a huge pain in the A$$. My AMG tech also told me to just wait and it will go away, but that doesn't really explain what happened. I haven't started the car since the last restart.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM

2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Yup, that's exactly what it shows on my display "ABS and ESC Currently Unavailable, See Operator's Manual". I had it in C-mode and full traction on. I also lost power steering, which was a huge pain in the A$$. My AMG tech also told me to just wait and it will go away, but that doesn't really explain what happened. I haven't started the car since the last restart.
Yeah when my AMG tech told me to just let it go away on its own I asked why it happened, and he basically told me the car turns them off when you are sliding too much as it doesnt want to burn the systems out by over using them..... Sounded pretty stupid as when driving up a hill in snow, if you have your ABS and ESC kick off, it makes it pretty tough to drive.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for your help! It's ridiculous that the utilization of my traction control causes me to lose ESP, ABS, and power steering.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Yeah pretty bad planning IMO