C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Can someone help me with car seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 SVT Raptor
Can someone help me with car seats

I have a little one on the way. I was hoping to fit a rear facing car seat in the middle position in the back seat. Can this be done? If so what car seat, and did you need to move up driver seat?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM

M3, S4, C63
A couple of thoughts:

- We have the Graco Snug Rides 35 but we place it behind the driver's seat. I've never tried to put it in the middle.
- With that said, when I put the seat in (facing rear) I have to move my seat forward. I'm not too tall so it works for me but if you are over 6ft tall, I'd say it's hard to fit it in behind the seats.
- In the middle it would work but it also gets a bit harder to put it in place with your little one sleeping sometimes and if mommy wants to be besides him/her, the car doesn't have much rear space (width) for a person (not saying it can't be done but a car seat takes more than a person's space in width)

Last edited by htoudiee; 01-29-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I have an 8 month old. We use the Chicco Keyfit 30, it is a really nice seat, one of the best and highest rated. However, both my wife and I are 6f or taller, when I put Dexter (not related to the serial killer, yet ) in the car, I have to move the passenger side seat all the way up so that anyone taller then 4f cannot fit into the car (I also have to lean the seat back really far forward). I cannot put the seat in the middle or behind the drivers side.

This is of course a limitation on the seat itself, while an excellent and highly rated seat, it is very bulky.

You could probably pickup a seat that is much less bulky, and will provide the same protection, but you start to sacrifice features and possibly baby comfort.

FYI, any and all childrens/baby seats must pass the same set of tests for gov approval, the only thing that differs are the features and creature comforts for the baby. You have to decide. Since I rarely have to travel with the baby, we take my wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee, if I am alone with him, we take my car (pickup extra base units).
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63BS, 991 C2S, F86 X6M
We also have a Chicco but my wife and I are not as tall. We have a 3 year old in a clek oobr (awesome seat btw) behind the passenger and our 6 month old in the chicco placed in the middle. There's not a ton of room back there but it works. Moving up the driver and passenger seats isnt necessary.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
I have a 2 month old, and we use the Britax Chaperone. It's is big and bulky with extra cushioning features, and we decided to put it in the middle back seat for greater side impact protection. Fits just right. One thing is you can't use the latch system since it is not meant for the middle seat, and will have to use the belt system.
Best thing is that you can still fit 2 adults, <6 ft, on either side.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
nothing much else to add but yes it fits well. My daughter has outgrown the rear facing seat and is in a convertible one now... this seat is even larger and the C63 handles it well.

Btw... it's a personal thing but I am happy to see so many of us use the c63 for multipurposes. Growing up, my dream was to own a beast like this (back then I was in love with the M5)... the car can be good for day to day stuff, cart the family around and has the power to rip most cars on the street We have a more dedicated baby carrier (GLK) but nothing beats the feeling of a sunny day cruising on the hwy with the family in toll.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM

C63 AMG
I'm also running the rear facing Graco Snugride 35. Our daughter is 4 months old. The seat needs to be in the middle as my wife and I are too tall to have the car seat behind driver or passenger.