Little Input Needed Re: Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Little Input Needed Re: Power

Hey guys,

So my car has had an OE tune. The tune was set up to have an xpipe in place of secondary cats.

I then removed the xpipe the same time I took the car in for service. I replaced with straight pipes. It felt noticably slower but not sure if it was all in my head. Some cars I pull up against, I feel slow, others I feel quicker. Could be the tune reset the ECU. Could be in my head. Could be the tune really got screwed replacing X with straight pipes.

I was riding alongside the 2012 R/T Charger the other day. maybe modded, maybe not. I didn't pull ahead as much as I'd like ( at arounf 140km/h). Then I pulled alongside the 5.0 GT V8 at the lights the other day which pulls 0-60 constantly in 4.8 seconds and I raped it from a start.

I am not sure what to think but my car seems slower than before. Could it be that I've lost power since removing the X pipe and replacing with straight pipes? Do I need a new tune to reflect the straight pipes replacing the x pipes?

I notice before if I revved the car in neutral that I'd never go above 4000 revs but now I passed the 4000 rev mark if in neutral since fitting the striaght pipes. I just want a quick monster.

Please help.

Oh and I got new rims yesterday.

8.5 front 10 " rear. Offsets 20 front and rear

Last edited by C-63AMG; 03-09-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by C-63AMG
Hey guys,

So my car has had an OE tune. The tune was set up to have an xpipe in place of secondary cats.

I then removed the xpipe the same time I took the car in for service. I replaced with straight pipes. It felt noticably slower but not sure if it was all in my head. Some cars I pull up against, I feel slow, others I feel quicker. Could be the tune reset the ECU. Could be in my head. Could be the tune really got screwed replacing X with straight pipes.

I was riding alongside the 2012 R/T Charger the other day. maybe modded, maybe not. I didn't pull ahead as much as I'd like ( at arounf 140km/h). Then I pulled alongside the 5.0 GT V8 at the lights the other day which pulls 0-60 constantly in 4.8 seconds and I raped it from a start.

I am not sure what to think but my car seems slower than before. Could it be that I've lost power since removing the X pipe and replacing with straight pipes? Do I need a new tune to reflect the straight pipes replacing the x pipes?

I notice before if I revved the car in neutral that I'd never go above 4000 revs but now I passed the 4000 rev mark if in neutral since fitting the striaght pipes. I just want a quick monster.

Please help.

Oh and I got new rims yesterday.

8.5 front 10 " rear. Offsets 20 front and rear
It has nothing to do with the ecu out Ecus have the ability to adapt for big airflow changes so going from x to straight will not be enough to throw it off ! But the X does in theory put down more power than straight pipes it's not going to be a huge difference and the top end of the Rpms will feel similar. The biggest difference would be down low and mid range torque aka the initial "hit" when your going wide open throttle since the X connects both banks better than the measly 3/4" connector in the stock resonator both banks are balanced and the extra back pressure created by the X will give more low en and midrange torque and that's something you "feel"
Uptop in the high rpms it shouldn't be a huge difference
Old 03-10-2013, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
i agree straight pipe will add more top end power