C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Comfort, sport, sport + etc. Need help!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slow Vehicle
Comfort, sport, sport + etc. Need help!!!

Hey guys, i'm in the progress of signing for a lease on a 2013 c63 coupe!
I test drove the car and wow it was lots of fun!! I have a question: Since there are different modes on the car such as (comfort, sport, sport +, manual), I was wondering what these actually do. I also noticed there was an "RS" setting on the little *** with the modes.. I never heard of that one. Any help? Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
C = Comfort. Car starts in 2nd gear and upshifts quickly and smoothly for comfort and mpg. Will not downshift automatically when slowing down.

S = Faster shifts and will hold the RPMs higher and longer. Starts in 1st gear. I find that doing about 45-50 puts you in 5th gear. Will downshift when slowing down.

S+ = Even faster shifts and really holds the RPMS. Starts in 1st Gear. Doesn't like to get into the higher gears at all unless you're going fast enough. (If I am not driving in M mode this is the mode for me)

M = Full Manual. You get the idea for this mode.

RS = Race Start! Basically the car has to meet certain conditions (be on a level surface, sufficiently warmed up, in ESP Sport mode), turn the dial to RS, pull the right paddle, floor the brake and the gas and release. If you can't launch your car properly on your own, I believe MotorTrend or some other car magazine was consistently getting 3.9 sec. 0-60 times using RS. There is a cooldown time between uses so you cant use it back to back.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slow Vehicle
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
C = Comfort. Car starts in 2nd gear and upshifts quickly and smoothly for comfort and mpg. Will not downshift automatically when slowing down.

S = Faster shifts and will hold the RPMs higher and longer. Starts in 1st gear. I find that doing about 45-50 puts you in 5th gear. Will downshift when slowing down.

S+ = Even faster shifts and really holds the RPMS. Starts in 1st Gear. Doesn't like to get into the higher gears at all unless you're going fast enough. (If I am not driving in M mode this is the mode for me)

M = Full Manual. You get the idea for this mode.

RS = Race Start! Basically the car has to meet certain conditions (be on a level surface, sufficiently warmed up, in ESP Sport mode), turn the dial to RS, pull the right paddle, floor the brake and the gas and release. If you can't launch your car properly on your own, I believe MotorTrend or some other car magazine was consistently getting 3.9 sec. 0-60 times using RS. There is a cooldown time between uses so you cant use it back to back.

Hope that helps.
Perfect explanation! Thanks alot!