C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Those with Porcelain Interior...Hows it holding up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
Those with Porcelain Interior...Hows it holding up?

Hi all,

Looking at a car with two-tone black/porcelain interior and wondered how dirty it gets. I was especially concerned if jeans bled onto the porcelain portions of the seats. Anyone using any treatments to prevent those types of things from happening?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
Hi all,

Looking at a car with two-tone black/porcelain interior and wondered how dirty it gets. I was especially concerned if jeans bled onto the porcelain portions of the seats. Anyone using any treatments to prevent those types of things from happening?

Thanks!
Nine and half months with that interior. No problems at all. I actually get comments on how clean it is. I clean it about every 5 months deeply with Leatherique. Other than that I make sure to keep it clean and wipe it down a couple times a month to make sure nothing stays on.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
Nine and half months with that interior. No problems at all. I actually get comments on how clean it is. I clean it about every 5 months deeply with Leatherique. Other than that I make sure to keep it clean and wipe it down a couple times a month to make sure nothing stays on.
What's your method for Leatherique application? Also, where do you find this stuff...online? No store around here seems to carry it.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
What's your method for Leatherique application? Also, where do you find this stuff...online? No store around here seems to carry it.
I ordered directly online and talked with them and got all the info. They were very helpful.

So it's a three step process. Step one would be to take a soft cloth and wipe off any excess dirt. Step two is applying the Rejuvenator liberally to all the surfaces. The seats should be pretty wet. I found using a spray bottle and massaging it in with my hands to work best. Then, once all the seats are done, you want to leave the car out in the sun for a couple hours and let the car form a "steam room" effect. Keep all the windows closed and let that stuff sit. Depending on how dirty your seats are you will find a film when you come back to clean it. This is perfectly normal and is the Rejuvenator working to lift all the dirt to the surface while using animal proteins to make the cardboard supple and enriched again. Step three then is using the Prestine Clean to wipe away this film and clean up the seats.

It is extremely time consuming and labor intensive so just be prepared for that. The quality of the materials though feels and works top notch and it didnt alter the color of the white at all which I was extremely worried about but this stuff came highly recommended. It's not cheap but if you want to maintain your interior this stuff is good.

I actually should be doing mine again soon, sometime this month when I have some time and the sun is out.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
What's the timeline like so I can get an idea of how long each step should take if I'm doing it properly and carefully?

This will really be handy on my Ash interior.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
What's the timeline like so I can get an idea of how long each step should take if I'm doing it properly and carefully?

This will really be handy on my Ash interior.
If your interior is always kept clean, the step one of excess dirt is not needed or should take minimal time. Step two with the rejuventor, budget an hour. Then leave it at least 3-4 hours in the sun and then budget an hour or so for the Pristine Clean. Roughly 6-7 hours. Most of it being wait time.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Awesome, thanks!

Also found this sticky:
https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing...atherique.html