My Brabus Bullit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by sjhugh
A beautiful car.

It would also look good with the mirrors updated.

my thoughts exactly

superb car
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by dbasons55
You can also lose some tomorrow too
....then make more the next day lol
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
I came into this thread expecting to see a C class covered in Brabus logos and nothing more.

I enjoyed my slice of humble pie

What a badass machine!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
mother of Odin! sheesh!
bravo! I don't even hate the paint!
and the pictures are great!!!

damn!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Mabrook bro!
happy that it is all coming together for you

Seems they changed the Brabus brake setup as well...rotors are different to what barbus uses and you are using a new wheel set up as well.

would be interesting to know why
Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Thanks for the constant support guys

Originally Posted by Zod
Mabrook bro!
happy that it is all coming together for you

Seems they changed the Brabus brake setup as well...rotors are different to what barbus uses and you are using a new wheel set up as well.

would be interesting to know why
Thanks bro, yes I have changed the breaks I actually put on her th C63BS breaks they are bigger than the Brabus breaks, I chose those OZ Superforgiata they are very light 8.5Kg front 9Kg back, that's a 30 odd KG weight saved plus they are wider than the original setup 19x9 front and 19x11 back. I am so happy with the way they look thinking of getting them for my C63BS too.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 PP, XFR
Wow !! it is out of this world..simply speechless
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
MB C63 AMG
impressive tune!

congrats. dont wait with the videos when the car is back
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
You dont just pay for the badge, you pay for the full 100% warranty retention

Originally Posted by jrcart
Brabus overmarkets everything lol. This should not come as news to you, you seem well informed. All you are paying for is the Brabus badge on the trunk, you could have had a more powerfull car built for much less. That being said it is still a very rare and unique car, you know you are not going to see another parked at the valet at your favorite watering hole.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
dbasons55,

I just saw this thread.. what can I say?!?!

Firstly congrats in owning a Brabus Bullit! That is an awesome piece of engineering.

The v12 engine in that engine bay is totally remarkable!!!!

Just wanted to get this straight - Brabus built the Bullit based on a normal W204 platform right? and not on the C63 W204?

Congrats again bro!!! hehe should have a lil showdown with one of jrcart's babies! :P
Old 04-07-2013, 06:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Amazing project man... Owning a Bullit is already crazy, modyfying it the way you did is even more crazy.

Man, thanks to you I have learned a lot about Brabus.

For example, Your thread about the T65S kit you ordered for your former White CL65 learned me that brabus don't fit new TURBOCHARGERS on their engine.

they fit CUSTOM made EXHAUST MANIFOLD, without upgrading "The cold side" I mean the compressor wheels.

GAD is right, they have a great Exhaust manifold design, wich each pipe having the same length. The stock exhaust manifold is a Bottleneck on every M275 car, Black Series included.

It's been a long time I was wondering why they didn't fit bigger Compressor wheels on those manifolds.

That's exactly what GAD did on your car, along with bigger inter-coolers.

Exactly what that engine needed.

However, the intercoolers don't seem to be larger than stock... At least smaller than speedriven's units.

I think the stock configuration is kept.. That's not a quad intercooler setup ?

Anyway, I find it great that your garage is a kind of Laboratory for Forced Induction AMG & Brabus cars.

Continue to make us enjoy your projects. Post everything you can.

Last edited by DCMETRO22Z; 04-07-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z
Amazing project man... Owning a Bullit is already crazy, modyfying it the way you did is even more crazy.

Man, thanks to you I have learned a lot about Brabus.

For example, Your thread about the T65S kit you ordered for your former White CL65 learned me that brabus don't fit new TURBOCHARGERS on their engine.

they fit CUSTOM made EXHAUST MANIFOLD, without upgrading "The cold side" I mean the compressor wheels.

GAD is right, they have a great Exhaust manifold design, wich each pipe having the same length. The stock exhaust manifold is a Bottleneck on every M275 car, Black Series included.

It's been a long time I was wondering why they didn't fit bigger Compressor wheels on those manifolds.

That's exactly what GAD did on your car, along with bigger inter-coolers.

Exactly what that engine needed.

However, the intercoolers don't seem to be larger than stock... At least smaller than speedriven's units.

I think the stock configuration is kept.. That's not a quad intercooler setup ?

Anyway, I find it great that your garage is a kind of Laboratory for Forced Induction AMG & Brabus cars.

Continue to make us enjoy your projects. Post everything you can.
Thanks I will keep sharing what I do in my cars in this forum

The manifolds for the Bullit are bigger than stock and than the M275's but the SL65BS does have a bigger hot side than the normal 65's, it's not as big as the Brabus but will get you more power than the stock. Even my tuner GAD would recommend the Brabus manifold for the V12 he said its just perfect.

The intercoolers look small and they actually look as big as the stock, but you have to see the depth, those intercoolers are about 50% thicker than than the stock plus the water circuit is totally revised, I have purchased the quad setup from Brabus and it has failed to a point that they fixed it back to the normal setup!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by yazid
dbasons55,

I just saw this thread.. what can I say?!?!

Firstly congrats in owning a Brabus Bullit! That is an awesome piece of engineering.

The v12 engine in that engine bay is totally remarkable!!!!

Just wanted to get this straight - Brabus built the Bullit based on a normal W204 platform right? and not on the C63 W204?

Congrats again bro!!! hehe should have a lil showdown with one of jrcart's babies! :P
Thanks I have owned her for few years now this Bullit is based on the normal W204 which is a bit shorter than the C63, jrcart has some serious powerful cars it would be my pleasure if that was possible but I think it's very hard
Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 AM

E320
Thanks I will keep sharing what I do in my cars in this forum

The manifolds for the Bullit are bigger than stock and than the M275's but the SL65BS does have a bigger hot side than the normal 65's, it's not as big as the Brabus but will get you more power than the stock. Even my tuner GAD would recommend the Brabus manifold for the V12 he said its just perfect.

The intercoolers look small and they actually look as big as the stock, but you have to see the depth, those intercoolers are about 50% thicker than than the stock plus the water circuit is totally revised, I have purchased the quad setup from Brabus and it has failed to a point that they fixed it back to the normal setup!
You have a lot of patience and passion. Brabus has lost a lot of its reputation to me after reading all your thread.

GAD are typically those very talented tuners , keeping a low profile and making great stuff.

Keep us updated !
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z
You have a lot of patience and passion. Brabus has lost a lot of its reputation to me after reading all your thread.

GAD are typically those very talented tuners , keeping a low profile and making great stuff.

Keep us updated !
they really are talented, Brabus manifolds what so ever are solid but still expensive 19800 euros with exhaust, but as I said before the SL65BS manifolds are good and they go for half the price with almost the same outcome
Old 04-07-2013, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by sighting
You dont just pay for the badge, you pay for the full 100% warranty retention
What makes you think that anything you see in this thread is warrantied by MB? As with any tuner, unless your specific dealership chooses to warranty a particular aftermarket modification, you are on your own. Most tuners warranty THEIR parts, but not the actual car itself. Not saying your window motor goes and they will deny you, my point is unless your specific dealership has a relationship where they warranty, there is no benefit going with Brabus from a warranty perspective.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
You are a god among men.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
they really are talented, Brabus manifolds what so ever are solid but still expensive 19800 euros with exhaust, but as I said before the SL65BS manifolds are good and they go for half the price with almost the same outcome
The Problem is Brabus don't sell their Manifolds without the Turbos and exhaust, from what I know. This makes it very expensive. This is why asked earlier in this thread, if GAD will make their own "Brabus-Style" Manifolds in the future? The technical director from Brabus said in an interview they gained in their "Vanish- Black Series-800 HP" more than 50 HP only from their manifolds (with the Stock BS-Tubos), before they put on their own turbos.

And the Black Series Manifolds also make it very expensive, because they also come only together with the Turbos for approx. 9.000-10.000 €. And then you would still need 2 Bigger Turbos which can achieve remarkable more Power than the Black Series Turbos.

Last edited by AMG-Driver; 04-07-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:24 PM

E320
Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
The Problem is Brabus don't sell their Manifolds without the Turbos and exhaust, from what I know. This makes it very expensive. This is why asked earlier in this thread, if GAD will make their own "Brabus-Style" Manifolds in the future? I also think the Brabus Manifolds should be better than the Black Series Manifolds.

And the Black Series Manifolds also make it very expensive, because they also come only together with the Turbos for approx. 9.000-10.000 €. And then you would still need 2 Bigger Turbos which can achieve remarkable more Power than the Black Series Turbos.
Brabus doesn't make turbos only manifolds !!!

They sell them only through the T65S kit wich includes manifolds, exhaust ( Without mufflers ) and ECU. No cooling mods. For 20,000€

I don't think brabus builds those manifolds. I'm pretty sure they are built By Borg-warner, the OEM unit supplier, but according to brabus specifications.

They must have a kind of exclusivity contract. You can purchase them only through the Brabus kit. That's only my opinion

Check this thread from Dbasons55 :

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...s-upgrade.html

You can clearly see the brand New brabus manifolds, without any compressor wheel/compressor wheel housing.

Last edited by DCMETRO22Z; 04-07-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
The Problem is Brabus don't sell their Manifolds without the Turbos and exhaust, from what I know. This makes it very expensive. This is why asked earlier in this thread, if GAD will make their own "Brabus-Style" Manifolds in the future? The technical director from Brabus said in an interview they gained in their "Vanish- Black Series-800 HP" more than 50 HP only from their manifolds (with the Stock BS-Tubos), before they put on their own turbos.

GAD didn't copy the manifolds or took any advantage of the design for reasons that there is low demand on the V12 upgrades and they will end up giving you a higher price for the cast manifolds since they are expensive to cast so I asked him and he said its cheaper to get it off Brabus or of the SL65BS depending on the power the customer wants and budget

The Bullit will be handed over to Autobild this Tuesday so they can test it and do a write up, you can then see a proper professional point of view of the step GAD took for the V12 platform

Last edited by dbasons55; 04-07-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:32 PM

SL65 R230
@Dbason

Thanks. This is what I thought. Congratulations on your built!

@ DCMetro

Thanks for the mentioned thread. Did not know this one.

I "quote" from the interview 2010 with Brabus technical director Mr.Gauffres(Vanish Project) :

"The turbocharger housing and the turbine wheel are our own castings.Only the center and the bearings are OEM parts."It was design limitations that led us to take the very expensive step of designing and manufacturing our own parts".

I also found a video from Brabus (in Russian language).

Starting from 2:20 Min. you can compare Stock Manifold - with Brabus manifold and a short look on their turbine.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:24 PM

E320
Very interesting vid...

The comparison between the two manifolds leaves no doubt...

There is a mystery about what exactly brabus does to the cold side...... maybe they upgrade it too on the 6.3 engine ... but not enough for Dbasons55 at least !!!
Attached Thumbnails My Brabus Bullit-screenhunter_08-apr.-07-22.19.jpg   My Brabus Bullit-screenhunter_09-apr.-07-22.20.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 AM

SL65 R230
This is only my speculation:

Maybe they change turbo-internals only so far, to get their aimed HP output and at the same time they don't want to produce more Turbo-Lag or higher IAT etc.?

It will be great to see DBasons55 car in action, when Autobild test it.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM

So my car was tested today by Autobild, unfortunately it didn't hit the numbers I was looking for but at least it was the fastest Mercedes ever tested by Autobild to date yielding 0-100km in 3.9sec, 0-200km in a flat 10sec and 0-300km in 22.4 sec! It was hard to get it off the start due to excessive wheel spin and traction interfering all the way to 180km this is because of the street tires! will have to wait for her to come back home and slap on DadC63's Hoosier drag setup and see how she rips in the quarter mile on dyno mood
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 PM

SL65 R230
200-300 KM/H in 12,4 sek. is excellent.

Shows some serious Power!

Was it on completely dry track, because today it was a little bit raining in most of Germany?...

Last edited by AMG-Driver; 04-09-2013 at 04:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Brabus Bullit